Become a Patron!

We love cats

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
all natural cat food, and home made ?

check this out, its interesting and makes sense. but itss long, how long, idk, have yet to finish it. so idk if it turns out to be crap.
but, does anyone maake their own healthy cat food ?

https://catfoodexposed.com/index191210A.php?n=rev

Make it? Well, I roasted a turkey breast for sandwiches for xmas, and after the mate sliced it, all the loose bits on the cutting board became Tuxie's noms. That is a turkey-loving cat! :)

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
all natural cat food, and home made ?

check this out, its interesting and makes sense. but itss long, how long, idk, have yet to finish it. so idk if it turns out to be crap.
but, does anyone maake their own healthy cat food ?

https://catfoodexposed.com/index191210A.php?n=rev

I used to know a lady online who cooked chicken breast every day for her cat. Don't know if she mixed anything with it, but I think it's perfectly healthy for cats to live on nothing but meat and fish. That's what they'd do in the wild, correct?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yeah, see, thats the thing. in the wild cats don't have stoves and BBQ's. so they eat their food RAW. and the only time they get veggies is from the guts of their pray. so that guy says put a little carrot and fruits in with the raw meat.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have luxury vinyl flooring with their cats? We are considering getting rid of carpet and I would like to know how it is holding up.

They are coming to measure on Tuesday so instill have time to cancel.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ol kitty girl
5c357fb8baaddb41b6bba3f325e38ffb.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
New way to torture the Weenie Kitty.

I have recently gotten a Powerlift Recliner Chair.

So naturally, when I get out of it, the Weenie tries to take it over.

But she doesn't know about Remote Controls.

I can lean her back and she freaks out.

I can lean her forward and dump her out of the chair.

And my favorite is to turn on the Massage Function.

I can't even begin to describe how she reacts to that one!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Biscuit.jpg

In Memory of Biscuit - "Dammit, Biscuit!"

Earlier this month, Planned Pethood, a local org that has dramatically reduced the numbers of pet euthanasias at our local animal shelter, suffered the loss of their original clinic cat Biscuit. Please take a moment to read Biscuit's heart-warming and comical obituary.

Biscuit lives on in our hearts and actions to support other homeless animals. Read the "Dammit, Biscuit!" obituary...

:sad:
Andria

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
View attachment 153984

In Memory of Biscuit - "Dammit, Biscuit!"

Earlier this month, Planned Pethood, a local org that has dramatically reduced the numbers of pet euthanasias at our local animal shelter, suffered the loss of their original clinic cat Biscuit. Please take a moment to read Biscuit's heart-warming and comical obituary.

Biscuit lives on in our hearts and actions to support other homeless animals. Read the "Dammit, Biscuit!" obituary...

:sad:
Andria

nice story. we wish they would live longer, but sadly, they don't. R.I.P. Biscuit :)

we are still heartbroken from loosing our girl Princess, bout 6 months. R.I.P Princess, we LOVE YOU SO MUCH !

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
nice story. we wish they would live longer, but sadly, they don't. R.I.P. Biscuit :)

we are still heartbroken from loosing our girl Princess, bout 6 months. R.I.P Princess, we LOVE YOU SO MUCH !

Yes, they're so loved, and so short-lived compared to us. But I think cats might be slightly longer-lived than dogs?

Biscuit was a charmer, that's for sure, and seemed such a big healthy chunk of kitty. It's hard to believe he's gone. Guess we'll have to give extra love to Jerome, and whatever other kitty they adopt as their lobby cat, when we take ours for their routine shots. We've gotten all of Tuxie's care there, since we first had her, and when Tommy showed up and we decided that we must be his people, he said so, we took him there as well, for his shots and snip. They also told us that they can re-test him for that FIV in April; it's possible that he got a false positive when they tested him before; they said that false positives are fairly common with that particular virus... so we'll keep our fingers crossed! It sure would be great if he and Tuxie could co-exist in the garage and even in the house, instead of him having to be constantly segregated. But everytime Annabel catches the slightest whiff of him, she hisses and snarls like "FERAL CAT, WATCH YOUR ASS!" so we can't let them co-exist AT ALL!

Andria

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
my feral cat drifter would never tolerate any other cat.
if i tried to feed one, she would stay outside til she ate all the food,
even tho she had the exact same kibble inside she would not share food.

i do have 2 kits, but only because i keep a son of hers.
she went from feeding him to sharing her kibble with him.
i guess that's different.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
my feral cat drifter would never tolerate any other cat.
if i tried to feed one, she would stay outside til she ate all the food,
even tho she had the exact same kibble inside she would not share food.

i do have 2 kits, but only because i keep a son of hers.
she went from feeding him to sharing her kibble with him.
i guess that's different.

I think in Annabel's case, she's simply never been around a male cat at all. We adopted her from the shelter when she was 3 months old, where she was caged with her sister. And Tommy, of course, is a full-grown male, only snipped back in the fall, so he smells like a true male... and she apparently finds that smell very threatening. Tuxie tolerates him ok if he doesn't get too close, and hisses at him if he does, at which he immediately backs off, so they could coexist pretty well, if we find that he doesn't actually have that FIV.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

robfisher

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw her back paws! :teehee: She looks like an ancient Egyptian cat. She’s so beautiful. You’re lucky to be her human, Rob.

Does she need to eat a lot of fresh meat, or just normal cat fare?

@Rhianne she eats normal cat pellets but loves Fillet Steak, Roast Chicken and Tuna Fish. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is a pic I found online, but this cat looks very much like my Mo. (Y'all know what my pics look like - I'm just hopeless.) He's a Maine Co.on with a lot of orange in his fur, about 12 years old now, chirps and trills at me every time I pull up in the driveway. He has to tell me about everything that happened while I was gone.

He's nosy and bossy, hard for our other cat to get along with, not civilized enough to live in the house, a terrific hunter. Polydactyl, with huge paws that he uses to leave prints all over my windshield. Possessive. I am his human, and I am not supposed to pet or pay attention to any other animal. Is not shy about head-bumping to get pets.

His actual name is Mo' Toes, but we call him Mo.

WestPark_iStock-600994082-1024x706-1.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
maine coons are really big, right?
mo doesn't come in the house?

He only comes in when it's very cold outside, doesn't do well in the house. He is a cold-weather cat, so for where we live, most of the time he is fine outdoors.

We also live in the woods, not near a road, so no danger of him being run over.

He isn't enormous like some MCs, weighs about 15 pounds.

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
my kits only spend 8 hours outside this time of year.
16 hours in summer.
but they have a curfew.
they have to be in by 9pm, because coyotes get bold at night.
they don't mind the curfew.
by now, they think it's their idea.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Omg, she’s so beautiful!! (And she vapes, too. Lol.) I love the one of her in the basket. And sitting on your lap, she doesn’t look really gigantic.
She’s the most amazing cat I’ve seen in a long time! Thanks, Rob. That was nice to see this morning. You’re very lucky!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Rhianne she is a Bengal. Cross between an Asian Wild leopard cat and domestic cats. The most amazing cat I have ever had as part of the family. She is very much a one-man cat.
View attachment 154093 View attachment 154094 View attachment 154095

I THOUGHT that was a Bengal! But didn't want to say anything since I'm not *terribly* familiar with the breed. GORGEOUS kitty!!!

We got test results back yesterday about Tommy; he was a limping a bit, and the vet couldn't find anything structural wrong with him. He's approx 7 or 8 yrs old, so arthritis is POSSIBLE, but he's not really elderly enough that it was a "gimme" answer... so they ran some tests, and sure enough, he has Lyme Disease, from a tick bite. We started him on antibiotics today, and I hope they work, given his possible FIV infection.

And sadly, once he's done with the antibiotics, he's going to have to go back to being mostly an outdoor cat, at least when it's not wet or super cold outside. Since a week or so before xmas, I've been fighting my allergy DAILY, feeling like my eyes have itching powder or pepper in them, my whole face itching like MAD, and it's gotta be because of him; we had heard that the allergenic protein is much stronger in males than in females, and that does seem to be the case. There are only so many antihistamines I can take, and with a Claritin in the morning and a Zyrtec at night, with Benadryls all thru the day... that can't be good for me, and it's really not helping all that much. I struggled a little when we first got Annabel, doubling the cat-allergen I was exposed to, but it calmed down after a while... but the problem seems to be getting worse all the time, with Tommy out in the garage. :(

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I THOUGHT that was a Bengal! But didn't want to say anything since I'm not *terribly* familiar with the breed. GORGEOUS kitty!!!

We got test results back yesterday about Tommy; he was a limping a bit, and the vet couldn't find anything structural wrong with him. He's approx 7 or 8 yrs old, so arthritis is POSSIBLE, but he's not really elderly enough that it was a "gimme" answer... so they ran some tests, and sure enough, he has Lyme Disease, from a tick bite. We started him on antibiotics today, and I hope they work, given his possible FIV infection.

And sadly, once he's done with the antibiotics, he's going to have to go back to being mostly an outdoor cat, at least when it's not wet or super cold outside. Since a week or so before xmas, I've been fighting my allergy DAILY, feeling like my eyes have itching powder or pepper in them, my whole face itching like MAD, and it's gotta be because of him; we had heard that the allergenic protein is much stronger in males than in females, and that does seem to be the case. There are only so many antihistamines I can take, and with a Claritin in the morning and a Zyrtec at night, with Benadryls all thru the day... that can't be good for me, and it's really not helping all that much. I struggled a little when we first got Annabel, doubling the cat-allergen I was exposed to, but it calmed down after a while... but the problem seems to be getting worse all the time, with Tommy out in the garage. :(

Andria

You might want to try Quercetin, it helps with allergy and stuffy nose for me. It’s herbal, but it works really well. It was recommended to me by someone here, who heard about it from another person here. And so on... lol

Google it, Andria. It might help the symptoms you’re having. It’s not really expensive either. :cheers:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might want to try Quercetin, it helps with allergy and stuffy nose for me. It’s herbal, but it works really well. It was recommended to me by someone here, who heard about it from another person here. And so on... lol

Google it, Andria. It might help the symptoms you’re having. It’s not really expensive either. :cheers:

I'm willing to try anything that might help this damned annoying allergy. However it does concern me a little that it says it might lower blood pressure. If mine gets much lower, I'm gonna be keeling over on a regular basis, and that terrifies my husband, when I faint. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you are lucky, andria.
i'vebeen battling high blood pressure since i was 20.
gonna kill me someday.

Lucky? You think fainting at random is LUCKY??????????

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He only comes in when it's very cold outside, doesn't do well in the house. He is a cold-weather cat, so for where we live, most of the time he is fine outdoors.

We also live in the woods, not near a road, so no danger of him being run over.

He isn't enormous like some MCs, weighs about 15 pounds.

Hell, our Tuxie is about 14 lbs! Tommy is now 17.5 lbs! Little annabel is still holding at 10 lbs. She's loooooong, but still a fairly small cat, compared to the other 2.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm willing to try anything that might help this damned annoying allergy. However it does concern me a little that it says it might lower blood pressure. If mine gets much lower, I'm gonna be keeling over on a regular basis, and that terrifies my husband, when I faint. :D

Andria

Oops, I looked at my bottle and all it said was it helps with normal respiratory function. I haven’t noticed anything, but it might lower BP, I guess.

@Jimi recommended it , so maybe he’ll know. All I do know is that it clears me up really quickly. I was getting sinus headaches and this just knocked them out. It takes a week or so, but it really works. Maybe you could ask your doctor. Although a lot of them don’t like herbal stuff.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oops, I looked at my bottle and all it said was it helps with normal respiratory function. I haven’t noticed anything, but it might lower BP, I guess.

@Jimi recommended it , so maybe he’ll know. All I do know is that it clears me up really quickly. I was getting sinus headaches and this just knocked them out. It takes a week or so, but it really works. Maybe you could ask your doctor. Although a lot of them don’t like herbal stuff.

My doc is pretty well clueless about anything that doesn't come from Big Pharma. But I might give it a try, see how it does. I should be able to tell if my BP gets too low, with the faintness that I usually suffer if my BP gets too low.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
having just had a stroke, yeah.

Well, that's definitely a bad thing... but falling and hitting your head is no better! Fortunately I've gotten fairly adept at knowing when a faint is about to strike, and I get my head down, or even just lie on the floor, to avoid falling.

Andria

VU Sponsors