Become a Patron!

We love cats

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's adorable! How did you catch her like that? I'd be scrambling around for my phone for way too long! :)

I was lucky..LOL...

That was not long after I got her, so still kinda subdued and kittenish. I used my Canon G10 with a fast shutter. It's my phone's home screen pic. Much awwwww at Petco... ;-)

My ancient 1st-gen Moto-X takes pretty good pix, but nothing beats a real camera IMO. I also use a $1 Canon A520 I got at a thrift store. I got cameras stashed in both living room and bedroom 'cus cat stuff happens.. =)

Although, the new phones do use a hella lot of CPU/GPU, multiple lenses, and software to emulate a real camera...

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Harley was ready for work this morning
cd616e63da35653cacee0db1dcc9100a.jpg

She could fit in that, so you could take her with. She’s so beautiful!! <3

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Couldn't find Milly, looked everywhere. Dern kitty was sleeping in plain sight on a storage unit. xD

View attachment 161617

She's such a weirdo...LOL

Cats find the damnedest places to nap. I had to fix one of my bookshelves, wedge the books in super-tight on a shelf Tuxie can access from one of our end tables; she likes to jump behind the books and hide. But at first she would knock the books out onto the floor when she exited, and it scared the little fraidycat senseless. Now they're wedged in REALLY tight and she can "visit the library" to her little feline heart's content. :D

Andria

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not my cat, but the 'store cat' at a local Thrift Store I go to. They just let her have the run of the place.
They'd been close for the Corona restrictions so they took her home with them. Now, she's back.

Snap1172.jpg 100991422_3234521289920060_7810243653766479872_o.jpg

She's named Keira and is kinda like Milly but a lot bigger and more of a mutt. She's enourmous.
I recall the first time I was walking around the store and this big cat just walks out in front of me and merrows. About had a heart attack..lol. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And of course, it wouldn't be complete without a Milly pic.

IMG_20200527_163518.jpg

We're having a temporary heat wave, arghh!
It'll gonna be around 90 before Sunday when it cools off like 25 degrees.

Snap1169.jpg

So, the fans came out of storage. I got her in Winter so this is the first time she's seen any of this.
I have a pedestal fan that blows the cooler air from the LR across the couch and through the hallway, then this box fan to push that into the back bedroom. Or, it'd be an oven in there.

She's being real good about them..not getting TOO close but not dumb either: she's happy to have the cool air. She lays behind 'em just like my Tiki did, I guess the full airflow bugs her ears.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not my cat, but the 'store cat' at a local Thrift Store I go to. They just let her have the run of the place.
They'd been close for the Corona restrictions so they took her home with them. Now, she's back.

View attachment 161884 View attachment 161885

She's named Keira and is kinda like Milly but a lot bigger and more of a mutt. She's enourmous.
I recall the first time I was walking around the store and this big cat just walks out in front of me and merrows. About had a heart attack..lol. :)

The reason that cat is so big is that she's at least part Maine C.o.o.n. Does she have extra toes on any of her paws? Many of them are polydactyl. Her size and the shape of her head and face are giveaways.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

View attachment 161884 View attachment 161885

When I lived in the Village, there were a bunch of stores that had cats living in them. It was cool. They were like mascots and a lot of the time they hung out by the register or on shelves.

Howdy to you and Milly. <3

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I kinda figured she was part Maine. Not many cats are like 15lbs with that fur otherwise. She is the queen of that Castle for sure. :)

ATM, Milly is being a floor cat laying out in front of the fan. it's hot.
She caught me taking a photo, so I can expect her waking me up at like 3am now....

IMG_20200528_170341.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not your normal end of May around here...and gonna hit 90s before the next cool front...ugh!

Milly is not a very happy girl, she's got a super-fine and dark coat of fur like a bloody otter. And likes laying in the windows watching stuff...which is hotttt. So, trying to keep her hydrated as much as I can.

This is a pic of her being a merrrowy little cat today.

IMG_20200529_122717.jpg

However, she loves these treats just lightly cooled in the fridge and with a bit of water added it's like a kool kitteh Gazpacho.

IMG_20200529_122804.jpg

Me, I got a 1L insulated mug full of ice water and a frickin' cold Oregon-made Lager. Very crisp and only 5% ABV. Even better with a chunk of lime, pinch of MX coarse sea salt, and some ice. ;)

The ancient AC has also been blown out with my mini-blower (dust/bugs/leaves/etc...do not want) and is working as good as ever.

We're coping just fine here.
1f60e
1f63a

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Must be the weather...Milly is being snuggly on the couch...she never does that. :D
I did feed her some sliced raw chicken gizzards for treats. She loves that.

Ao55CHC.jpg

Ah, she caught me with the camera...

YHnLrel.jpg

Longggg cat is long...a good big "kitten" today. (she won't be 2yo until Sept 2020)

rM2QElb.jpg

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Must be the weather...Milly is being snuggly on the couch...she never does that. :D
I did feed her some sliced raw chicken gizzards for treats. She loves that.

Ao55CHC.jpg

Ah, she caught me with the camera...

YHnLrel.jpg

Longggg cat is long...a good big "kitten" today. (she won't be 2yo until Sept 2020)

rM2QElb.jpg

She’s plotzing from the heat. And digesting the gizzards. :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL..it is actually not too hot today, like 70s...

No exploding kittehz!! xD

PS: do gizzards digest themselves? o_O

I was thinking more along the line of having the vapors from the heat, and pigging out from gizzards. Or Milly was recuperating from the heat the other week. Or something like that!!

Are gizzards the stuff they put inside a whole chicken in a bag? I like those, actually. Meow.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking more along the line of having the vapors from the heat, and pigging out from gizzards. Or Milly was recuperating from the heat the other week. Or something like that!!

Are gizzards the stuff they put inside a whole chicken in a bag? I like those, actually. Meow.

Hehe yeah, partially the heat, and she runs herself silly and then crashes out...still very much a big kitten. ;-)

Gizzards: https://thoroughlyreviewed.com/home-kitchen/slow-cooker-review/what-is-a-chicken-gizzard/

Gizzards can be in those bags, but those are usually a mix of various unknown organs.
I just use the gizzards by themselves. I fillet off the main tendon though, those are practically un-chewable. Then slice 'em into manageable portions for her to chomp on.

I feed her a raw meat diet (mostly), and chicken gizzards are super nutritious and also incredibly fibrous and chewy,.so are good for her teeth. Plus, cats love 'em.

They can be hard to find in stores, but one package can last for a looong time in the freezer. Much like the frozen calf liver I keep in there too. Her food recipe requires it.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
The cat is out of the bag...

View attachment 162175
Lucy is your Siamese an apple head? Both of mine are apple heads. Plus what coloring is she? Mine are both seal points
Yours looks like a seal point too but it's hard to tell in pictures.
I love my Siamese. It's like a dog/cat combo lol.

This cat isn't one of mine but mine wake us up this way every day meowing as loud as they can as they run.
s-l300.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Lucy is your Siamese an apple head? Both of mine are apple heads. Plus what coloring is she? Mine are both seal points
Yours looks like a seal point too but it's hard to tell in pictures.
I love my Siamese. It's like a dog/cat combo lol.

This cat isn't one of mine but mine wake us up this way every day meowing as loud as they can as they run.
View attachment 162482

She is not applehead and is likely a Lilac Point - she was born feral and she came to us as about a 3-4 week old bottle baby

She is on my lap right now, hahahahaIMG_1540.jpeg

Last edited:

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
She might be a chocolate point but you're probably right. She's probably a lilac point. When her fur grows in you'll know for sure. She's beautiful! She's lucky she came to you. Enjoy her!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think her and I have passed a milestone in our relationship; she's coming up on her own and sleeping with me on the couch now.
We napped for several hours today curled up together. That has never happened before. :D

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Mine too! Also, the walking all over me while merooowwwing at like 120dB.
How could I leave out the walking over us? Neelix likes to sleep across my ankles after walking over me. When he wakes me up with his loud Siamese yowl my feet are numb and I fall down getting out of bed!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How could I leave out the walking over us? Neelix likes to sleep across my ankles after walking over me. When he wakes me up with his loud Siamese yowl my feet are numb and I fall down getting out of bed!

When Milly and I napped on the couch today, I woke to my right arm near completely numb, her 9+ lb azz was lying on it...lol

VU Sponsors