Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_oi0j3ma61D1trfawoo1_1280.jpg

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gun show huh?
Might look a little tougher if he wasn't melting into the couch cushions. :p

That one a page back with the Mountain Lion... was that real, or perhaps a stuffed one?
I agreed with the next post... "wow". :eek:

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
14484645_10154490484648847_3184542847970632779_n.jpg

This is me and my Tigga. Sadly Tiger had a cancerous tumor and I had to have him put down a couple months ago. He had a great 19 years of life, but i still miss him. Ive never had any other pet. Dont think ill ever get another cat. I love them but he was with me since i was 6 and i think any cat will just make me compare them. He was perfect for me. A real jackass just like me. He protected my room when the cleaning ladies would try to get in. Even chased one up on top of the counter in the kitchen, she had to yell for me to come get him.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dont think ill ever get another cat. I love them but he was with me since i was 6 and i think any cat will just make me compare them.
Aqua, just like people, all cats have different personalities. Obviously, I am many decades older than you, so feel I should share ages of wisdom gained from tons of experience - not all good, not all enjoyable. I have lost many cats (and dogs, horses, cows), each of which held a special place in my heart and could never be replaced by anyone else. Don't even try to replace Tigga because you can't and shouldn't. But acquire a new friend, a new relationship, a new love. Do not compare them - just love them for who and what they are and let the relationship grow from that. No one will fill the empty place in your heart that Tigga held, but a new friend can help with the loneliness of Tigga being gone.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that's a long time to have a furry friend - sorry for your loss.
They're totally a part of the family...I know.
I lost my cat a few months ago too - she was approximately 18, but had only adopted us about 8 years ago.

I knew right away I was going to want another kitty - but I didn't want another kitty right away.

This weekend, we got a TINY little kitten. Cute as anything, a little sick so he's getting babied.
Going to be TOTALLY different for a while, especially - cuz Angel was never a little kitten with us.

Anyway - I feel for you, and take your time, but yeah - if you bond like that with a pet, you shouldn't rule out bringing another one into your life when the time is right.

14484645_10154490484648847_3184542847970632779_n.jpg

This is me and my Tigga. Sadly Tiger had a cancerous tumor and I had to have him put down a couple months ago. He had a great 19 years of life, but i still miss him. Ive never had any other pet. Dont think ill ever get another cat. I love them but he was with me since i was 6 and i think any cat will just make me compare them. He was perfect for me. A real jackass just like me. He protected my room when the cleaning ladies would try to get in. Even chased one up on top of the counter in the kitchen, she had to yell for me to come get him.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's about the age/size that Tuxie was, when she showed up on our carport; past the fluffball phase, but still very much a kitten... we estimated 2-3 months old. She went into her first heat when she was, by our reckoning, around 9 months old, so it seems about right.

Andria

VU Sponsors