Become a Patron!

We love other animals, too.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o97gjatWYg1rcw6xko1_1280.jpg

One of my favorite birds (Shoe billed heron/crane)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is Esther the Wonder Pig. If you don't know who she is, do yourself a favor and look her up. Amazing story. And I've never been big on pigs but she's absolutely adorable.

17264597_1253877864719435_6866669003414146553_n.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep a mink, I had to google the picture for anything I could find, he's awesome!!!!
Isn't he beautiful:inlove:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not often stumped in these animal threads, but this tubby guy got me.

Perhaps due to the drop in the fur trade they're not mentioned much anymore, or that he's a rather plump specimen, but yeah... that's a Mink. :D

I wasn't sure but would have guessed ermine. Not far off. :)

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't sure but would have guessed ermine. Not far off. :)

Nope... fair guess as well. Though I picture Ermines as thinner, splitting the difference between the Mink and Ferrets.
But like the Mink, I haven't thought of or seen a picture of, an Ermine in many years... so it's just a vague feeling.

Whiskey's right about him being a cutie... though I suspect the leather gloves are a good idea. :p

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is an ermine, although they come in other colors as well. Thought maybe it was a fat one. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

WinterErmine.JPG

Well, that basically is a ferret. :p

They're all weasels, which makes the cute built-in.

Anyone have that vid of the guy with his tiny little (Brit? species) weasel playing with his computer mouse hand?
I don't think we even have those tiny ones here in the US, at least not on the West coast.
Nor ferrets, which is why they're restricted in western states as an invasive species.

VU Sponsors