Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_okaa3aLm501ucro57o1_500.jpg

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yesterday: "HUGE NEWS! After what seems like a very long wait (a 15-month gestation period), Seyia gave birth to a healthy calf named “Kendi” yesterday morning at 5:05 after about 30 minutes of labor. Surveillance cameras inside the rhino barn recorded the birth and mom and baby’s first moments. Black rhinos are critically endangered with fewer than 5,000 in the world, and approximately 60 are managed by the SSP in North American Zoos, so every calf born is incredibly important."

Today: "Fiona isn't t the only adorable face at the Zoo! Our two-day-old black rhino calf, Kendi, looks great! The calf is nursing well and is very active and healthy. The sex has not been confirmed. What you are seeing is part of the umbilical cord that will eventually dry up and fall off similar to a human."

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yesterday: "HUGE NEWS! After what seems like a very long wait (a 15-month gestation period), Seyia gave birth to a healthy calf named “Kendi” yesterday morning at 5:05 after about 30 minutes of labor. Surveillance cameras inside the rhino barn recorded the birth and mom and baby’s first moments. Black rhinos are critically endangered with fewer than 5,000 in the world, and approximately 60 are managed by the SSP in North American Zoos, so every calf born is incredibly important."

Today: "Fiona isn't t the only adorable face at the Zoo! Our two-day-old black rhino calf, Kendi, looks great! The calf is nursing well and is very active and healthy. The sex has not been confirmed. What you are seeing is part of the umbilical cord that will eventually dry up and fall off similar to a human."

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Conversation I had with my hubby:

Me: Can I have a panda?
Lee: No.
Me: Why not?
Lee: Because they're bears and they'll eat you.
Me: How about a red panda?
Lee: Aren't they rodents?

VU Sponsors