Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
107aab278510278c51886d66c6811f18.jpg

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What is it about herons and wrens that is so damn amazing?
My grandmother used a "birdhouse" for fake birds and flowers for inside her home. When it came into my possession it became the wrens home. Had two unsuccessful years of the hatchlings not making it to fledglings. First year those damn starlings got 'em. The second year a snake got' em. So, put up wire mesh on the posts, chicken wire and another type of wire around the birdhouse. Have had two successful years. They're fun to watch and listen to their songs. The pic isn't so great.
c9935745fb1c8147b937542f2399ebb9.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My grandmother used a "birdhouse" for fake birds and flowers for inside her home. When it came into my possession it became the wrens home. Had two unsuccessful years of the hatchlings not making it to fledglings. First year those damn starlings got 'em. The second year a snake got' em. So, put up wire mesh on the posts, chicken wire and another type of wire around the birdhouse. Have had two successful years. They're fun to watch and listen to their songs. The pic isn't so great.
c9935745fb1c8147b937542f2399ebb9.jpg
We had Mourning Doves take up residence out on our fire-escape in an old copper pot.Then some moron complained about them and called them pigeons to the landlord.We came home 1 day to find the pot with their now broken nest still inside it out on the damn corner.My heart literally hurt when I saw that.My wife cried for 4 solid hours.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We had Mourning Doves take up residence out on our fire-escape in an old copper pot.Then some moron complained about them and called them pigeons to the landlord.We came home 1 day to find the pot with their now broken nest still inside it out on the damn corner.My heart literally hurt when I saw that.My wife cried for 4 solid hours.
Damn heartless mean spirited person/people! Awe :hug: to you and your wife :hug: . I can't push that like button on your post.

There is no pic on your other post :( .

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the pied on top is my 7 year old. This cage is new to him this year

the cinnamon inside is 11 weeks old, and i suspect ADHD... needs ritalin or something

they are getting along ok. Quack is wise old supervisor, Ollie rebel toddler. They do bicker a bit, but mostly just leave each other a little personal bubble

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bc44f558475c14384d7b8b2ac86eba3c.jpg

Well, Damn ! The wire mesh did NOT work :cuss2: . Had two black snakes try to get mamma and her babies. Sadly, had to kill both snakes. They would've kept on coming back. The chicken wire is keeping other birds from getting to the nest/eggs/babies. Now, the new task this summer, is to figure out a way to keep next year's Wrens safe from the snakes.
The Wrens are use to seeing me, they will let me stand/sit there watching them go to & fro feeding their babies. Really don't want to move the birdhouse, but might have to - to keep them safe.
I do have a couple ideas, but would really like to hear from anyone else who might have an idea.

VU Sponsors