Become a Patron!

"weak battery" message on Evol DNA 75 Chip Board

whats the problem

• battery contacts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • message always comes up, means nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey there. my name's joe. I live in the USA. I just got a new mod from fasttech.com and I have a question about it. Specifically a "weak battery" message that i keep see flashing on my board whenever i hit the fire button. The vape's still working and producing power during hits but the message is just annoying to see..The mod is an Etaliens X3, with a built in Evol DNA 75 Chip. The battery i takes it 18650 or 26650. Yes, interchangable. You can fit a 18650 battery by simply placing a tube adapter around the 18650 battery. I'm getting the "weak battery" message when I use the 18650 battery or the 26650. I'm only firing it at 35 watts by the way. The problem occurs even below 35. The manual doesn't really say how to change Temp or Ni or SS, so..those settings haven't bin touched since unpackaging. The 18650 battery I'm using is an Samsung 25R5. And the 26650 battery i'm using is an iJoy INR 26650 battery. Both recommended batteries that I checked were authentic. And yes, both batteries are charged to the max using my Nitecored D4 Charger Port. So, my idea for all this is maybe the "weak battery" message is just something that pops up for no reason and is no reason for alarm. OR the battery contact are maybe out of place. Any others reasons you can think of? It can't be the batteries. (for extra credit: 5 clicks-any clicks-wont turn off this device. and i read you cant turn off an evolv dna75 chip, is that right? Should I just take out battery every time i want to put it down??) THANK YOU. here's 2 links to the mod: first is a short video of the etaliens x3 from the main website- then is the description and actual pics from fasttech

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10021799/6100300-authentic-etaliens-e-t-x3-75w-vw-tc-apv-box-mod

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You use Escribe to set the profiles then scroll through them for diff modes. The weak battery message pops up because the voltage drop is below the cut off. The latest up date supposedly fixed the bug but mine still do it. If you look at Device Monitor you'll see a big drop when you first hit it then it comes back up. The message pops up too early during the drop. To correctly use and set up the mod you need to get the Escribe program and the manual from evolv's web site.

explain it to me like i'm a 4 year old. what do i do? i never knew mods can be updated?..whats escribe? how do i use it? and i have a mac will escribe work on mac? not sure what to start or what im searching for still.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
something not 55 minute? i have a life
Dude that video is just part one. Part 2 is just as long. You bought one of the most programmable chips on the market and requires you to program it. A lot of DNA mods ship with no programing at all. I don't think Evolv supports Mac but check. Not to be a smart ass but If you don't want to learn how to program/use it you shouldn't have bought a DNA device that's what there all about. You can find profiles and info in the Hcigar DNA VT133/200 thread. The DNA 75 uses the same profiles but you may need to tweak a few power settings for the DNA75.
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...18650-dna200-250.171476/page-134#post-1508874

any other suggestions from people, besides escribe? i CANT download it because i have a mac, and i wont download something on a friend or familys computer i dont know. YES i did buy this mod for the look and didn't know shit about chips you have to program or wont shut off, etc. SO, imagine your a noob too, and just anyone give me a fast easy way to solve this rather than 2 hours of youtube videos. all 7 vapes ive had in past just are ready when opened so, this is quite a surprise as it is.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
any other suggestions from people, besides escribe? i CANT download it because i have a mac, and i wont download something on a friend or familys computer i dont know. YES i did buy this mod for the look and didn't know shit about chips you have to program or wont shut off, etc. SO, imagine your a noob too, and just anyone give me a fast easy way to solve this rather than 2 hours of youtube videos. all 7 vapes ive had in past just are ready when opened so, this is quite a surprise as it is.
no other way to solve it and all the upgraded firmware will do is make the weak battery message change to a blinking battery icon. my smy sdna75 does the same (blinking battery) when it gets in the 50% range with the latest firmware but it doesn't affect the vape and is not a big deal for me since I usually recharge when I get down to 40% left on all my devices/batteries.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I display the pack voltage on the display and ignore the weak battery message/battery bar. SMY DNA75 here also.

No easy way around Escribe..Sorry. It can be a steep learning curve but worth it. The 7 devices you bought aren't DNA chips. Other mods are Fords and the DNA is a Ferrari.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I display the pack voltage on the display and ignore the weak battery message/battery bar. SMY DNA75 here also.

No easy way around Escribe..Sorry. It can be a steep learning curve but worth it. The 7 devices you bought aren't DNA chips. Other mods are Fords and the DNA is a Ferrari.
And Ferrari's require highly trained mechanics and lots of adjustments.

Personally the DNA's are too fiddly for me.
And I am a Techno Dweeb Electronics Tech and programmer.

The 75 is perhaps their worst chip in that it can become problematic if you vape at or above 1 ohms.
It's maximum voltage out is 6 volts which limits you to 30 watts at 1.2 ohms.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Unfortunately there is no way around not using escribe to program your device. Since u clearly don't do temp control, you'd probably be better off buying something cheap and simple to keep you off cigs. And sadly escribe is pc only . However u can download a free trial of VMWARE FUSION to run a windows virtual pc inside your mac to program it if need be and download a trial version of windows.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there is no way around not using escribe to program your device. Since u clearly don't do temp control, you'd probably be better off buying something cheap and simple to keep you off cigs. And sadly escribe is pc only . However u can download a free trial of VMWARE FUSION to run a windows virtual pc inside your mac to program it if need be and download a trial version of windows.

i cant believe i fucking bought this thing. anyone want it? im not smart enough to be fucking with this. link for mod is in original post above. i'll sell it for same price with free shipping. ill even send a 26650 battery.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i cant believe i fucking bought this thing. anyone want it? im not smart enough to be fucking with this. link for mod is in original post above. i'll sell it for same price with free shipping. ill even send a 26650 battery.
Put up a listing in the hardware section of the forum. I'm sure it'll sell or trade. Dna devices are very popular.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not funny
But this is fucking hilarious
LESSON Learned NEWBIE!

VU Sponsors