Become a Patron!

weird coil?

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been running a baby beast coil for a good 6 weeks now with zero problems. However today, I switched coils, like I do every week or so. Since then, My vape is hot! Not the mod itself, the inhale! I've dialed down from my usual 55w to 45 so far, and I still can't do more than a 2 or so second inhale without it getting uncomfortable. I've checked all my settings and everything seems in check, but it literally feels like I'm trying to run in the 100w range. Is this a thing? Thanks!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Did you used the same type of coils to replace the old ones? Did you open your airflow after changing? And.. are the new coils seated firmly with not hot spots?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you reset the resistance when you screwed on the tank?
If not:
Remove tank
Press firebar until ohms read 0.000
Install tank
Press firebar
Respond to prompt, "New Coil?" by pressing "Y" (left/ "up"button)
Vape

If that didn't fix it, bad coil? Not enough airflow?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have been running a baby beast coil for a good 6 weeks now with zero problems. However today, I switched coils, like I do every week or so. Since then, My vape is hot! Not the mod itself, the inhale! I've dialed down from my usual 55w to 45 so far, and I still can't do more than a 2 or so second inhale without it getting uncomfortable. I've checked all my settings and everything seems in check, but it literally feels like I'm trying to run in the 100w range. Is this a thing? Thanks!

Link the build please. We can get a lot info from a picture usually.
What I am really curious about is you didn't mention a burnt taste or dry hit.
if nothing else, forget what your usual is, dial down to 25 and work your way up to where you like.

rufftimes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sorry, this is a prebuilt coil, I did set it as new coil. I also switched the coil last night and the new one is doing the same thing. The one thing I did notice with both of them is that they read at .24 - 25 ohms, where usually the beast coils come in at .15 - .18. Other than that nothing has changed....weird...

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The one thing I did notice with both of them is that they read at .24 - 25 ohms, where usually the beast coils come in at .15 - .18.

This will cause the hot vape. I don't know why it's not reading the coil properly, though.

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
I have had issues with the t6 coils. I have used two. Both had some issue with airflow,burned hot and gummed up quick. I strongly prefer the x4 coils, but had some q2,t6 and t8 coils that came with the tanks. The q2 seems to start to spit back right as I get it to the right wattage. The t8's work awesome except for the 1/2 battery life and 3 to 4 times juice consumption.

VU Sponsors