Become a Patron!

Weird dry feeling with new juice?? Help!!

jororose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone, so I'm newish to vaping and I just got a new juice called "Borderline be mine" (strawberry lemonade). And after taking one hit, I have a strange, dry, tingling, itchy feeling in my throat and immediately start coughing. Haven't had this problem with any other juices, this one has a 80VG/20PG ratio and barely any nic .6mg I think. Any suggestions?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What ratio do you normally vape?
If this has more VG, maybe you have a slight allergy to it didn't show until you increased the VG amount.
If it persists, definitely stop using that juice.

jororose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What ratio do you normally vape?
If this has more VG, maybe you have a slight allergy to it didn't show until you increased the VG amount.
If it persists, definitely stop using that juice.
Also feeling dizzy. Im pretty sure my other juices was 50/50 but I don't think it had any nic in it, this is my first time with the nic.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really bothers me that you have no idea how much nicotine is in your juice if any. The bottle should be clearly marked ! If you are buying e- liquid without the amount of nicotine clearly marked on the bottle , then stop buying it and using it .

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Would you describe this feeling as "peppery"?

jororose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really bothers me that you have no idea how much nicotine is in your juice if any. The bottle should be clearly marked ! If you are buying e- liquid without the amount of nicotine clearly marked on the bottle , then stop buying it and using it .
If I look at the bottle then I would now, I just don't have it in front of me. My old bottle was 50/50 with 0 nic, the new one is called "Borderline" if anyone's heard of it, 80VG/20PG .6mg.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You already answered your own question.

It's the nicotine that is making you dizzy and irritating your throat. Like @Paratech said, if you are not a nicotine user, no need to start now. You can see the effect it is having on you.

Rinse your tank out, change the coil, and refill with nic free juice.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What exactly do you mean by "peppery"?
I'm just light headed & dizzy. And when I vape there's a dry/itchy feeling in the back of my throat.
"Peppery" like you just inhaled some pepper.
Also, is this flavor profile new to you? It's not that uncommon for someone to be allergic to one or two particular flavorings.
I myself have issues with a couple of the Vanilla's. I know someone else who is allergic to one spedific brand of strawberry.

What it really comes down to... if it's not enjoyable, don't vape it.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You sure that's not 0.6% ? Is that not the same as 6mg/mL ?
6mg is what some MTL'ers use.. and is sometimes too high for DL'ing.
If you havent had nicotine up until now, why start ?

jororose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You sure that's not 0.6% ? Is that not the same as 6mg/mL ?
6mg is what some MTL'ers use.. and is sometimes too high for DL'ing.
If you havent had nicotine up until now, why start ?
It says on the side of the bottle (60ml) .6mg nic. I'm not sure if that's in total or per ml. It's called"Borderline" if you've ever heard of it. I guess your right maybe I'll just stick to 0 nic.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Citrus flavors can cause that plus some 6 mg's are stronger then others. I like strong nic and love throat hits. I might try this out.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Citrus flavors can cause that plus some 6 mg's are stronger then others. I like strong nic and love throat hits. I might try this out.
Stronger in throat hit or are you saying that some bottles are not actually 6mg and are mislabeled?

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stronger in throat hit or are you saying that some bottles are not actually 6mg and are mislabeled?
They use different brand nicotine. And some nicotine is more harsh then others. Nude nicotine is good, there are a few that are less harsh.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They use different brand nicotine. And some nicotine is more harsh then others. Nude nicotine is good, there are a few that are less harsh.
I know all this I asked the OP to explain so this can be systematically dealt with.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tough it out. Once your body becomes acclimated to the nic, you'll be vaping 30ml a day of 6mg juice in no time...

Seriously though, what type of setup are you using? If it's a sub-ohm and you went from 0-6 nic, I can see experiencing some discomfort / unpleasantness.

12 mg nic always made me feel like you described..
I definitely sure that is nicotine.
Btw.. Why you vape nic when you don't smoke?

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors