Become a Patron!

Weird issue with rx2/3

Semi-newbie vaper here, and this is my first time posting.. so anyways, I'm getting a weird issue with my rx2/3, I don't know if it's the chip, but the charging indicator is constantly shows on the OLED even if I have no usb plugged into it. I've only been using it for 2-weeks. Anyone here know any work-around to this? Thanks guys!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried pulling the batteries, hit the fire button to sap every bit of juice out and reinstall batteries?

Maybe it just needs to reset itself?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Semi-newbie vaper here, and this is my first time posting.. so anyways, I'm getting a weird issue with my rx2/3, I don't know if it's the chip, but the charging indicator is constantly shows on the OLED even if I have no usb plugged into it. I've only been using it for 2-weeks. Anyone here know any work-around to this? Thanks guys!
I assume, you have charged your batteries all the time via the USB. Therefore, you might have damaged the board. However, due to having the mod for two weeks, you should get it replaced under warranty. In addition, get an external charger, in order to charge your batteries.

Have you updated it to the latest firmware?
Yes I did, but it didn't help
Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried pulling the batteries, hit the fire button to sap every bit of juice out and reinstall batteries?

Maybe it just needs to reset itself?

Hi and thank you. I did this but that did not do the trick either. Tried interchanging the batteries, tried new ones, didn't work either. How do I get it to reset itself?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure you can do a hard reset, I'll look it up.

Like Nuunerball said it's best to charge your batteries in a propper battery charger so they stay balanced, the rx charges both batteries up to 8.4v but has no idea what each one is at so one could be 4.1v and the other 4.3v... very bad.

What is it you are seeing? A lightening bolt in the battery bar? Or the bar looks like it's filling? Forgot what the rx does when usb charging since I don't charge that way.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No hard reset.
Maybe try update to the oldest firmware and then update to the newest.

It may be a warranty return if all else fails and no one else comes in with a fix.

VU Sponsors