Become a Patron!

Weird Smok GX350 problem

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Had my 350 for several months now and have been very happy with it. However, a few days ago it became possessed by some sort of demon. The readout will just turn on by itself and the watts will slowly tick down until it gets to 6.5, and then the screen will just stay lit up until you do something. It has done this while both sitting overnight unattended as well as in my hand in the middle of a drag. I tried changing atomizers in case something with the resistance was causing it. I pulled the batteries completely and let it sit for almost 2 days before trying again with the same results. All four batteries are sister-wives, bought new together and always used and charged together. I tried another set of batteries, same results. Anyone else have this problem, or do I need an old priest, a young priest, and a new mod?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've read of them auto-firing, turning themselves up to max wattage, getting hot while sitting unused, and other strange random behavior.
At the very least, I would remove the batteries when not using it. I know you paid good money for it, but your peace of mind may be worth more.

biguglyhairyscary

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've read of them auto-firing, turning themselves up to max wattage, getting hot while sitting unused, and other strange random behavior.
At the very least, I would remove the batteries when not using it. I know you paid good money for it, but your peace of mind may be worth more.
Yeah, I pulled the batteries last night. Really loved the long battery life but until they come out with a firmware update I'm not trusting it or dropping $90 on a new 350. I've had my eye on the new Vaporesso mod with the new tank that is supposed to prevent getting those little bits of juice that pop up when you chain vape or your coil is getting a little worn out. Maybe it's a sign....

VU Sponsors