Become a Patron!

Weird Tapatalk plugin issue

Hey guys,

Recently I've been experiencing a really strange issue and wanted to explain it here. It may be something that is completely out of VU's hands.

Over the last couple of weeks I had been having a private conversation with another user about Japanese cotton. Several times during that convo I would type out a reply in my Tapatalk app and press send; the conversation thread would refresh... and my new reply was not there. I would type it out and send it a second or third time and eventually it would show up inside the convo so that the other participant could read it. Annoying, but not a huge deal really.

A couple of days ago I was browsing through the app on my phone and came across a list of the threads I have participated in on VU. Oddly, I was seeing thread topics that I didn't remember participating in. One of them was a greetings thread created by TygerTyger. I began to browse that thread to see what reply I had left and noticed that two or three of the private Japanese cotton conversation posts that didn't appear correctly inside the private convo when i sent them were appearing in the middle of this completely unrelated thread that Tyger started. I just found another instance where one of those replies ended up in one of Smokie's juice review threads.

It's really strange. I have no idea if it's something the VU admins can look into or if its some strange bug with my phone's Tapatalk app itself, but I wanted to post about it here in case someone else discovers similar issues. Let me know if there is any other info you need from me.

Thanks.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What device are you using? Do you leave Tapatalk running in the background or do you completely exit every time? Do you have lots of apps at the same time?

I'm using the Tapatalk app for Windows Phone. I generally close all apps when I'm done with them, but Tapatalk does run in the background silently in order to provide push notifications.

Unfortunately I really only use Tapatalk for browsing VU these days so I can't say whether it happens on other forums as well. It could quite possibly be an issue with the Windows Phone version of the app.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, Windows Phone. :) I have one as well, and just like every other app, the WP version of Tapatalk is the worst implementation, but I'm sure you know that already. I'm surprised it's not crashing on you as it did almost every time I used Tapatalk. Needless to say, I've long since uninstalled it - better off using a browser than the app in this case.

VU Sponsors