Become a Patron!

Weird taste after cleaning and priming

Has this ever happened to you?

• Total voters
I just cleaned my coil, and primed it with the new juice I made(lets call it juice 1), the juice didnt steep yet, but i had to try it. As i tried it i was okay thats good. Then i put another juice in(call it juice 2) and after few tanks of the juice 2 it felt different... it was like i still had that bit of thr juice i just made, then i put in another juice(juice 3) to see if it feels the same, and i put a bit, and vaped it. I felt the taste, but still it was an odd taste, like i still felt a bit of juice one). I went to smell the juice 1 to see if thats the taste i sensed, but it was a bit different. I am sure it is not a burned coil. What could it be?

Is it possible, that just a bit of juice 1 stayed in the wick so long?
Or did something happen to the coil? Because I did not dry the coil and also it doesnt crackle anymore, rather it feels like water heating up.
And tell me how to fix this issue
PLEASE HELP

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixing e-Liquids can sometimes result in undesirable flavors in my experience. Cleaning coils is a waste of time unless you are building your own decks but you didn't mention wicking so I am assuming you cleaned a factory coil. If so throw it away and install a new one. Good Luck

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
There are a few flavors that, in my experience, get into wicking and just will not leave. The worst two I've found have been pineapple and coffee.

Also I never ever had a good experience with trying to clean and reuse a factory coil. Agree with Steve - if this is what you did, trash it and use a new coil.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As nadalama said.
Some flavors hang around longer than others in a wick and it is virtually impossible to totally clean a factory coil.
And if you do you should let them totally dry out as water does not vape well.
PG and VG vaporize well. Water does not in a vape.
Also water in a wick means that it will not soak up the juice very well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VG and PG are both Water Soluble so just like priming a coil it will let the e-Liquid saturate the cotton.

upload_2019-7-24_9-40-38.png

TheBloodyNine

Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yep, I'll also add my opinion which is that cleaning coils is a waste of time and juice. Getting strange tastes sometimes is just a part of vaping, and it can be a pain in the ass. Sometimes you'll use a strong juice or even a distinct tasting juice and that flavor will just never leave the coil. Sometimes you'll get a burnt or chemical taste after priming and doing everything right, sometimes you may not get much of a taste at all. Sounds like you just need to toss that coil and start over. I own three tanks, one for sweets/desert juice, one for fruity juice and one for coffee/tobacco type juice that I enjoy from time to time.

VU Sponsors