Become a Patron!

Weird tasting, can't drag for longer than 2 seconds without being harsh

Hi guys.I'm pretty new to vaping.

I've bought an istick 30w and a kanger sub tank plus. First few days were great using the o.5ohm coil that came with it. It started tasting a little burnt so I'm now using the rba that came with it. But Im getting a very tight harsh drag. I'm using a 80vg 20pg liquid. Airflow all the way open. Even at 7w it's harsh.

Can someone please suggest what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix this? :)
Thank you

Slurve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How strong is the nicotine you're using. Anything over 6mg is gonna probably be too strong. Make sure the screws are tight as well as the coil screwed well into the base. It doesn't have to be wrenched on there but just good and hand tight. Also make sure the center pin between the mod and tank are making a good connection.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys.I'm pretty new to vaping.

I've bought an istick 30w and a kanger sub tank plus. First few days were great using the o.5ohm coil that came with it. It started tasting a little burnt so I'm now using the rba that came with it. But Im getting a very tight harsh drag. I'm using a 80vg 20pg liquid. Airflow all the way open. Even at 7w it's harsh.

Can someone please suggest what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix this? :)
Thank you
If you noticed that the air flow is "tight", vs. a coil head assembly air flow... that leads me to believe your coil(s) and wick material might be covering the air outlet. If that's the case, it would be a prime contributor to your issues.

Another might be the build... you don't state what wire gauge, resistance, coil(s) dimensions or wicking medium. That would be good to know.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you getting enough juice to the wick/coil?

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In my subtank 3 on the nic is high enough . I may use 12 in an aerotank , but that's about it .

I took it apart re wicked it. Used a little less cotton and it seems to be a bit better but still a little harsh but getting better drags.

I'm not sure of the gauge and the rest as a complete newbie. I'm just using the spare coil that cam with the kit.

There is plenty of juice on the Cotton I don't think it's dry hitting.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I don't do well with the higher vg juices with those rbas. The juice can't get to the wick very well and if your wick is in the juice channels in the least, it will be harsh with dry hits. Even the plus doesn't have very large channels in the rba.

VU Sponsors