Become a Patron!

Weird wet feeling on throat when vaping high vg

georgesp67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,

I am not sure whether this is the appropriate thread for this question.

I have stopped smocking 4 month ago and have been vaping since.

I have constantly vaped 70vg/30pg Heisenberg, Pinkman, and another 70vg blend. I didn't encounter any issues.

I have tried several 80 vg juices and always had a weird wet/sweet feeling in the throat while inhaling. Today I bought a peach lime juice (nineclouders, 70vg/30pg) and had this same wet/sweet feeling.

Did anybody else experience this and knows why this happens ? Is it dangerous ?

Thank you :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some folks do have sensitivities to high VG juices. It gives some vapers a "heavy" feeling in the chest and in my case, it makes me cough up a lot of mucous in my throat. Not harmful, just lower your VG level, it should straighten out.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately there can be mitigating factors...as a mixer, I know exactly what's in my juice, the brands of the products used, the exact ratios of every ingredient...those who purchase vendor juice are at a disadvantage in the "not knowing." The label may read "30/70," but how do you know? I don't trust anybody. VG comes in palm based and soy based varieties. Do you have an aversion to one of them? And how would you know? Too many variables to suit me. But I hope lowering the VG content works for you, I hate that slimy feeling in my throat.

georgesp67

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Teresa P Thank you ! Yes, I agree with you and I have been thinking about mixing juices as the next stage of my vaping... I will check (if possible) what ingredients are in the juices that do not generate this slimy feeling (perfect description of what I am experiencing).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not really required, though I will offer yet another factor. You might check your atomizer/s, mod/s to ensure they are clean, operational and optimized. Lots of times I get a grungy feel & taste from using 70-80 % VG, more often than not for me the case is the coils need tweaked to improve burn off efficiency.

Sometimes, it may be an issue of trimming up a wick too. I agree that probably the simplest solution might lie in reducing your VG level a bit. As said though, many various factors do come into play. Thought I might suggest checking the hardware. :)

VU Sponsors