Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:devil:
I'm just in the beginnings of trying back notes to sub for cinnamon. I feel FA Catalan cream @ around .75% might be good. As far as front notes, you cant beat strawberry and I bet a small % of raspberry would work. I got some TFA Toasted Marshmallow on my last order to try in my Rice Crispy Treats. I've yet to mix it, but TFA MM was great mixed with Sweet Rice and Banana.
Oh cool, cool! I got someone off of cigarettes with Sweet Rice Pudding with Hangsen Banana, and with the FA Cinnamon Ceylon in it. I haven't tried that with banana and without the Ceylon, but should. I think I kept it in (the cinnamon) because not only "is it there but not" like you've said, but adds, IDK what to call it, structure? Or body? It just seems like it is necessary to bring it all together. But I fear that togetherness is gonna get lost if I leave it out.

I've vaped personally at least 240ml of it with the cinnamon in it, with a "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" mentality. So now, at this moment, I'm mixing it up with the marshmallow and banana like you've said :devil:. If i remember correctly, I used 0.5% Hangsen Banana, but it faded out some after a few days. So I ended up at around 1%, but I'm not entirely sure. Never thought about the MM, so regardless, it's going in it now, but on the assumption you used 1%.

Did you mean you tried the MM as a sub for the cinnamon only? Or MM and Banana together as the sub?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in a Biscotti mood today...

HIC's biscotti (with .7 FA Royal Orange)
FLV Biscotti (with a touch of FLV Rich Cinnamon)

Both are realistic, good and different . If I only could have one... it would be HIC's.

Ron
---
"Where the senses fail us, reason must step in."- Galileo Galilei

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Just so you know the recipes were made up by me and I haven't tasted them.
Grape loves Pineapple
LA grape 2%
Pur white grape 3%
INW pineapple 2%
LA pineapple 2%

Grapples
Pur white grape 2%
LA grape 1%
Cap double apple 2%
FA kiwi .5%
TFA sweet & tart 2%

Also did a single of FW grape, haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="Hillbilly Pig, post: 1978635, member: 84304"... always on the lookout for a grape flavor that isn't crap.[/QUOTE]

FLV Grape when you desire Welch's grape juice...FLV Moscato when you don't.

Both very good on their own.

Ron
---
"To see and listen to the wicked is already the beginning of wickedness."- Confucius

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I enjoy Purlium white grape and quite like the floral notes in LA grape. Haven't tried anything from DIY Shack yet. I'll keep their grape in mind.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FLV Grape when you desire Welch's grape juice
What percentage are you using with this one? I tried a standalone at either 1 or 2% and kept getting a "sweet tarts" back taste that I didn't care for.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You guys ever get a new concentrate, mix it, taste it, and immediately think "old". Thats how I felt about the Inawera Peach I just got. I know people love it, but I'm getting a funk at 3%. Maybe its the fuzz or whatever i dunno.
When testing flavors start low then work your way up. INW seems to me to be around the same strength as FA on average. I don't have the INW peach, but in general INW and FA are close in the amounts needed for similar flavors. That 3% tester may have been too much peach.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When testing flavors start low then work your way up. INW seems to me to be around the same strength as FA on average. I don't have the INW peach, but in general INW and FA are close in the amounts needed for similar flavors. That 3% tester may have been too much peach.
Agree. 2% is my sweet spot with INW Peach. It's not as strong as most IN flavors. I am not good at expressing what I taste. It has a slight musky/earthiness (word?) to it standalone. I like it mixed with a brighter peach.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What percentage are you using with this one? I tried a standalone at either 1 or 2% and kept getting a "sweet tarts" back taste that I didn't care for.
I've followed Jimi D 's suggested amount of 3%. (Posted on this Forum...somewhere :)) Some folks like it at twice that amount.

(The FLV Moscato is strong and flavorful for me @ 1.2-1.5% standalone.)

Ron
---
"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength"- Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke

Last edited:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Pineapple cream cookies n milk last batch didn't come out too good
A cherry candy cane variant(general idea from another thread)
Floral cream soda, giving the cola one last chance
A couple of the newer recipes on ELR

30ml Forest milk (ELR)
Sounds good, link?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Messing around with how a couple different strawberry flavors effect the rainbow candy CSL. 1st up... FA strawberry.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Always love this mix up over the Holidays. :confetti:

The peppermint from TFA is spot on for me. The bittersweet chocolate adds that deep chocolate flavor without the gunk and over sweet issues of other chocolates. Finally just a little sweetener to blend them together and make up from the lack of sweet in the chocolate. Time for a new wick!

Do want to note that the 3% peppermint is about the limit for me personally. 4 is pretty much right on the line of being too much. 5% is out of the question, again this is my taste. So if your not big on that flavor you may find my 3% liking is too much for you. The bittersweet chocolate is a lot more forgiving and in higher nic levels I have taking it up to the 9 range.

Recipe: http://tjek.nu/r/hqr2?token=770e884ec2515b4

Last edited:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes I like to mix stuff up (I mix by weight) on the fly. An experiment in my skills and my knowledge of flavorings, my palette, preferences etc. I've been getting better and better about knocking out a good juice in a short amount of time to shake-and-vape for whatever occasion put me in that frame of mind.

Sometimes, however, I make some real shit. This was one of those mixes.

From memory, I think it was something like 3% Cap NY Cheesecake, 3% Cap Juicy Lemon, 1% FVH Cream and 2% INW Vanilla Shisa. I didn't write anything down, so, take that for what it's worth.

Y'see, just got a new RTA in (Kensei 24) and I wanted to do something interesting with a new flavoring I had gotten in (Juicy Lemon, CAP). Lemon Cheesecake sounds perfectly vapable. Mixed, let the cotton break in, smelled it in the air - ehh, little heavy on the lemon, but smells good enough!

Tastes like fish.

More specifically, it tastes an awful lot like East Coast Tobacco, a specific flavor combination that I bought once as a wee young little vaping lad and immediately hated. I don't remember who sold it, might have been Mount Baker for all I know. But whatever the case, it tasted slightly "fishy" to me, and that feeling stuck.

Come to find, it was probably a lemony undertone that did it for me. Either way, that's what this bottle reminded me of. Ech.

Luckily, 2.5% FVH Vanilla Pudding, 1% TFA Van Swirl and 2 drops of FVH Brie Cheese is delicious and wonderful and there's still a dang "lemony-fish" tang to it, thanks to my hasty, lazy-fuck style of cleaning I performed on it after 'the tainting' incident last night. It's subsiding, though, no worries everyone. It'll pass.

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed a few this morning.

Forest Milk
Lenola Cream (All the Flavors Web site)
Squonk's Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Wllmcs Cranberry Orange Cheesecake
Blueberry Custard Pie (ELR)
Resinite Peach (ELR)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to think of something too. Something to fit the season yet still be different from what's already out there. So far i'm drawing blanks but I'm going to keep trying.

Maybe a little more coffee:coffee2: will help, lol.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried this one yet? I thought it was right decent.

Saw this one today as well, it piqued my interest. Only a flavor or two away from that, but I think I could make something work out of what I've got on-hand.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/474948/forest milk

Be sure to read comments on this. The author adjusted the percentages.
Dig it. Simple, but now you got me hankering for the smell of it. As a kid I used to find chewy candies that tasted spot-on like FF, so that's a nostalgic 'win' right off the bat. I'll skip adding AP to it though, I've tried that and not liked the results - but throwing a couple drops of a custard might do well. Good looking out, thanks for the referral.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I made this apple pie a couple days ago and it's pretty good, maybe 6-7 out of 10 stars

1.5% FW green apple
1% FLV apple filling
1.5% INW biscuit
1.5% Caps double apple
1.5% caps fuji apple

then I made this single flavor today and its pretty good
1.5% FLV berry blend

then I got bored and started dripping the 2 together and boom. I really like it :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Curious as to your thoughts on how CAP Fuji Apple compares to the FA version?
I like it when I dont want the fuji to be so in your face. as far as flavor profile they are almost twins except FA is the fat loud in your face brother and caps is the lighter quieter brother lol. I do really like them both just kinda depends on how I want my fuji that day.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like it when I dont want the fuji to be so in your face. as far as flavor profile they are almost twins except FA is the fat loud in your face brother and caps is the lighter quieter brother lol. I do really like them both just kinda depends on how I want my fuji that day.

Thanks and great description btw, lol!

Another one on the list.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I found this and mixed it up. Very nice but kind of light IMO.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1971878/Caramapple

With all of the money I have spent on flavorings, it's funny how many I still seem to be missing. I guess that's the rabbit hole calling...

Yep, I have ~150 flavors, but am still missing a good number of ones I want.

As for mixing today:
Pinkeye
Pepsi Sakura(WIP)
Dragon berry, I think it's from @Letitia9 not sure though.
Floral Tea
Bionic Raspberry(WIP) not sure what this one is honestly, though based on smell, it's gonna need some modifications here, and there.

VU Sponsors