Become a Patron!

What’s the best reg quad battery mod I can buy?

Next month I’ll have around $250 to spend on better equipment, so I’m buying some Sony VTC6 batteries, since I was sold shitty Efast batteries from the local vape shop, go figure. And I want to split the wattage over 4 batteries so I feel safer when I vape. So What’s the best Quad mod I can pick up which is regulated? Also any suggestions of a good RBA/RTA for that mod would be appreciated. Thanks for all your input. Happy New Year guys,

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It depends on features you need, as well as it depends on what your own personal preferences are. For me, personally, the best one is the RX300 because I much prefer to use the power curves feature of ArcticFox so, for me, it is not only the best one, but also it is the only good one that exists right now, and that's why I own two of them.

Why do I use power curves? It's because I use power mode, never ever temp control, and, preheat just works a whole lot better with a power curve that lets you fine tune it. You don't need ArcticFox for that, but you do need it if you, like me, hate to futz around with the power curves over and over and over again... because, with ArcticFox, the power output of the power curve scales automatically the moment you change the wattage on the mod up or down, and that's what sets the RX300 apart from any and all other quad battery regulated mods. If going for this mod, then be sure to grab Sony VTC5A batteries (not to be confused with VTC5). Don't use VTC6 batteries in this mod.

It depends on features you need, as well as it depends on what your own personal preferences are. For me, personally, the best one is the RX300 because I much prefer to use the power curves feature of ArcticFox so, for me, it is not only the best one, but also it is the only good one that exists right now, and that's why I own two of them.

Why do I use power curves? It's because I use power mode, never ever temp control, and, preheat just works a whole lot better with a power curve that lets you fine tune it. You don't need ArcticFox for that, but you do need it if you, like me, hate to futz around with the power curves over and over and over again... because, with ArcticFox, the power output of the power curve scales automatically the moment you change the wattage on the mod up or down, and that's what sets the RX300 apart from any and all other quad battery regulated mods. If going for this mod, then be sure to grab Sony VTC5A batteries (not to be confused with VTC5). Don't use VTC6 batteries in this mod.
Ok, that’s funny, here’s what I was planning on buying, wismec rx300 Gen 3 , Sony vtc 6 batteries, and the Vandy Vape Kensei 24 rba, so my question is now , why not VTC6?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, that’s funny, here’s what I was planning on buying, wismec rx300 Gen 3 , Sony vtc 6 batteries, and the Vandy Vape Kensei 24 rba, so my question is now , why not VTC6?
There is no RX300 Gen3, only the RX300 (quad battery) and the RX Gen3 (triple battery). Page 2 in the user manual for the RX300 states to use only batteries the CDR of which is higher than 25 amps. Due to the fact the VTC5A is a harder hitting battery (i.e. it has a smaller voltage sag), despite it having a lower mAh rating you won't be sacrificing a lot of battery life anyway, and, because you said you were looking for more safety, the 25 amps CDR of the VTC5A will give you exactly that─as the VTC6 is only 19 amps CDR so given the amps that you draw from them are the same, the latter heats up considerably faster. In addition, if going for power curves in ArcticFox, you'll want that extra power output the VTC5A is capable to deliver, as power curves used for preheat demand more power compared to using no preheat. My power curve is looking like this:

power curve.jpg

Oh yea, my mistake, I was looking at a lot today, everyone is out of stock for quad mods , so I was also considering 3 bat mods, I am considering wismec rx Gen 3, if I can’t get the rx 300. I have a month before I go ahead with the purchase. Thank you for your input. I can’t wait for my next order. This will be my second mod and a lot safer. The sad thing is, the vape shop I bought my Smok Alien 220w mod from said nothing about battery safety, sold me Efast batteries x 2 for 20 bucks each, and one of them had a torn wrapper towards the negative end. I’m suprised that they didn’t blow up or overheat. Seeing how I pushed that mod to 200 Watts and knew nothing about vaping at that time. So I was chain vaping, pushing watts up high and using shit torn batteries . And they said nothing :(. I’m still using efast batteries( another set I bought from them unfortunately) but at 40 to 75 Watts.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
20 bucks each, eh? That's just sad, man!

Here, Mooch explains that the Sony VTC5A gives you much longer battery life compared to the Samsung 25R despite they both are 2500 mAh batteries... like I said it is due to the fact the former hits much harder than the latter:
Code:
https://youtu.be/qYDLMsxjAYY&t=417
So despite the VTC6 has 3000 mAh, you won't be getting as much extra battery life from it as the difference in mAh might intuitively suggest, as the voltage sag of the battery that you choose to use also plays an important part when talking about battery life. (That video is also worth watching in its entirety BTW.) Only if you don't intend to vape at higher watts, I would recommend getting the RX Gen3 with triple VTC6. But I moved from the RX2/3 with triple VTC5A to the RX300 with quad VTC5A (about a month after I started vaping) and the performance upgrade was much bigger than I had anticipated even though at that time I was vaping at only 140 watts. My most recent coil build I vape at 168 watts... I'm not even going to try that on a triple battery mod because I know beforehand that the battery life on that would just suck.

VU Sponsors