Become a Patron!

What’s the cheapest regulated squonk mod?

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just researching on this, haven’t decided to make a purchase yet but figured a regulated box is safer than one that isn’t among other benefits like TC and battery monitoring.. so what’s the cheapest regulated squonk bow out there now?

As for unregulated I saw one on FT for like $10 - S-Rabbit Styled squonker.. housing looks decently solid but internals are pretty basic..

Last edited:

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
I know I saw Hotcig RSQ on breazy.com for $60. On either 3fvape or fasttech theres a VT Inbox going for $65 or so, which is really nice for the price since it has a DNA75 chip. Other than those, I myself have not really seen anything regulated for cheaper.

And I can recommend the s rabbit clone. It’s a tiny thing that hits hard and can accommodate your 24mm attys if you please. My only small gripe I have with it, is I lost the battery ribbon it came with and I have to smack the battery out. Other than that, it’s been apart of my every day carry stuff.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wisemec has one coming out if not out already.. name eludes me right now but it's 80watts VW TC and about $50.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wismec Luxotic. The price I've been seeing is closer to $70 though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Same here. Also, it’s not a adjustable wattage mod but only does 80w, at least that’s what I remember reading.

Edit to add - if that’s your thing, asmodus makes a similar mod called the Luna.

Last edited:

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Same here. Also, it’s not a adjustable wattage mod but only does 80w, at least that’s what I remember reading.
Yea, that sounds familiar. I knew it wasn't a mech but didn't remember exactly what was different about it, just that it wasn't your typical VW or VV regulated mod

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wismec Luxotic. The price I've been seeing is closer to $70 though

Crap I completely missed it was not regulated... Fastech price is $45 preorder.

But with upcoming holiday delivery month away or more.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crap I completely missed it was not regulated... Fastech price is $45 preorder.

But with upcoming holiday delivery month away or more.

Yep switchfet mods have started listing the maximum RECOMMENDED wattage and yet they do not limit the wattage.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!
Gonna check out all the options but honestly I might just pick up that cheap $10 SRabbit (unregulated) to fool around a little with.. till I figure whats a good buy. Not even sure squonk'n is my thing.. but if anyone has more recommendations please post!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!
Gonna check out all the options but honestly I might just pick up that cheap $10 SRabbit (unregulated) to fool around a little with.. till I figure whats a good buy. Not even sure squonk'n is my thing.. but if anyone has more recommendations please post!
Best cheap starter squonk mod in my opinion is the Pico Squeeze. Atty is not much get a Wasp Nano for it.
No cleaning the contacts and such and lower voltage drop than most cheap mech squonkers it seems.
and no separate charger needed if you want to charge your battery in the mod. Not that I really recommend that though ;)

$17 ea at FT.
and $12 for the Wasp Nano.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best cheap starter squonk mod in my opinion is the Pico Squeeze. Atty is not much get a Wasp Nano for it.
No cleaning the contacts and such and lower voltage drop than most cheap mech squonkers it seems.
and no separate charger needed if you want to charge your battery in the mod. Not that I really recommend that though ;)

$17 ea at FT.
That might be a smarter buy!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That might be a smarter buy!
I have regulated sqounkers and a couple of mech ones.
Bought a Pico Squeeze and liked it so much bought 2 more.
for out and about the squeeze is all I use now.
I use the larger heavier regulated mods at my desk or recliner side table.

The wasp is my fav Squonk atty.
Nice restricted lung hit and good flavor.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll second the Pico squeeze and wasp nano combo. Like The Cromwell, I like mine so much I have two more Pico/Wasp combos coming from China. For the price it's worth the wait. You will not fog out a room but with a nice fused clapton you WILL taste you juice.

If you opt for the pico i'd suggest ordering some replacement bottles at the same time as they can get scratched up and they are really cheap.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
$17 ea at FT.

The wasp is my fav Squonk atty.
Nice restricted lung hit and good flavor.

*moves note regarding Pico/Wasp up to top spot* "Curse you Red Baron!" You're almost as bad as Spanky. Yesterday I pulled out a Velocity clone and put on a couple single strand Claptons. Got it primed right down to 0.25 Ω. Today I'm hitting a Goon LP. This storm front broke loose some kind of hay fever / sinus crud for me and the juice in mod for the Velocity is menthol. It's yucky.

Now, I need to figure $30 of next shopping I do goes to get a Wasp/Pico kit. Also need to get a keyless chuck, more SS wire.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GeekVape GBox 200W regulated squonk is only $50 at VSS on sale right now. I picked one up.

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought my GF an S-Rabbit clone. I know you asked about Regulated, but she's as green as they come and she loves it. If my pulse ever disappears, I'd have no second thoughts about ordering myself an S-Rabbit clone. And they're only 10-15 bucks.

As far as regulated, I've heard VV is releasing an 80w Regulated Pulse, saw someone on Reddit had one for Review I think, but I have no other info. Otherwise, there's the web-renowned Pico Squeeze :) its not regulated, but it has battery protections. Pair it with a Wasp Nano and enjoy.

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/eleaf-istick-pico-50w-squeeze-squonk-starter-kit.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aleader Killer is 80w and temp control for $35. Pair with the Wasp Nano for an affordable setup

VU Sponsors