Become a Patron!

What a week

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Having basement waterproofed this week. It was supposed to include a back water valve on sewer, along with interior trench, drain tile, sump pit, sump pump, battery sump pump and work done on outside on driveway side.

Monday at 9 am they drop this early 20 something kid off that has tattoos on his face. Gang like tattoos. So his job is supposed to be jack hammering basement floor. Upstairs I hear 2 min hammering many minuets nothing. I go down and he is texting. He goes back to hammering. I leave and same thing happens. The 3rd time I go down I said, Do you get paid to work or text? I'm aggravated. By end of the day when they pick him up I go down. My 53 yr old ass could have easily done double if not triple the work.

Tues morning they drop off this kid and another older Mexican guy. Started slow but after awhile they stayed fairly busy. They leave for the day but all the busted concrete is left in piles all over. Orange peels and sunflower seeds all over and pop cans.

Wed 4 people show and a lot is done but you cant even walk down there. They tell me I have to take wood off under staircase so they can do that area. I get pissed and say, That was included in job. I was told all I needed to do was have everything away from work area.

A few min's later one guy comes up and says sewer broke when hammering and needs fixed before they can do any more. I said that is where clean out and back flow preventer is going and it has to come out. He calls boss who tells him that they wont have that till Fri. Now I'm furious. I'm tossing shit. The non English speaking guy is making signs of the cross. I call Mr.Rooter plumbing and a guy shows up. He can tell I am pissed. He says I will have a guy out at 9 am tomorrow and it will be $2500.00 to repair and put in a clean out and back flow device and run a camera from both directions to make sure everything is ok. The one worker says, Were putting in the back flow and I said, The fuck you are. The basement waterproofing owner is texting me and saying he will take off $1675.00 since not doing the work. Then I called and said, How do you expect them to work with all that shit down there? I want that shit out.

Today was OK. It cost me another $350.00 because camera showed a lot of roots in basement area. So he had water jet with root cutter and did that. Got my back flow and clean out in and also fixed pipe that was damaged for laundry tub under the concrete. The crew got everything cleaned out and ready to finish tomorrow. I'm kind of glad it worked that way because plumber did excellent job. Kind of bummed because I was thinking on getting a Provari but I am way over budget now but should have dry basement.

I handed one guy a key and told him I was going to work Fri. I said if anything get's broken just fix it.

VU Sponsors