Become a Patron!

What air glow adjustment does to ejuice usage and heat ??

Wantboost

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Will more airflow use more or less ejuice and or does it affect the tank from heating up . I'm using a pico istick 75w with melo 3

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use more airflow when you use more heat, either from high wattage or low resistance. The greater heat will vaporize more ejuice, thus using more ejuice; the greater airflow has nothing to do with how much juice you use, it just keeps the higher heat from burning your wick.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Flavor is dependent upon many factors like type of coil wire amount of power you put to it and air flow. All play a factor in the vape you produce. More air does not always mean much more than a cooler vape in my opinion but then you must also factor in amount of wattage. If you are using TC mode then we have another variable to consider.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Will more heat give more flavour or just to a certain point??
Heat and flavor is all subjective. It will end up how you like your vape. I suggest you start at a low wattage and move up until you find what you like. Mess with air flow also until you find your "sweat spot".

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will more heat give more flavour or just to a certain point??

It depends on the juice, I think, but yes, *to a point* -- I finally got to 10-ish watts because it really does make my strawberry & cream *pop* if I goose the power just a bit, but since I like a very tight draw, I can't go nuts or it gets too hot for my lips, and if I went even further, it would burn the wick.

It's really a very careful balancing act between heat (hi-wattage or lo-resistance), airflow, and type/viscosity of your ejuice. Each ejuice will be different in what temp suits it best, and differences in the viscosity (depending on the PG/VG ratio) will have an effect on how well it wicks; very thick juice may need a lower temp so that it doesn't "burn up" faster than it can be wicked-up; lower temp could be a matter of lower watts or higher resistance, or simply greater airflow.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Adding only that for me, air flow seems to improve the efficiency of atomizing the juice. It is as pointed out though, mostly subjective. We each have to find what is right for ourselves.

VU Sponsors