Become a Patron!

What am I doing wrong? Tank always gurgles

Gumballhead23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my arctic tank from myvaporstore.com set it on istick 50w, made sure when I poured the juice in I didn't get any in the center. At first it works perfectly then after vaping for a few mins it starts gurgling and spitting juice in my mouth. I'm running .5 ohm coil at about 32 watts max vg juice from mbv. Let juice sit for a few minutes after filling and everything. Had a nautilus awhile back and it did it to me too. So I think it's something I'm doing wrong. I hate getting the juice taste and feeling nauseous. Changed to another coil and it happened again. Also happened when I set up my gfs (same set up as mine).

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure the coil is completely on the tank, if you sure it's not over filled it could be just a bad coil. It happens, not all those coils are perfect. Make sure all the connections are snug not over tightened.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crank up the watts to 45. The Arctic tank is designed to be run at high watts.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With th .5 dual coil heads I run my Artic tank at 50 watts. That is the sweet spot for my ADV. With max VG I have not had any issues with gurgling or spit back.

Gumballhead23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah just had a go at it @45 watts and that worked well for me no juice in mouth or gurgling. Was a little too excited when I first got it earlier, had it at 50 and ripped it real hard. Bad idea lol.

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got my arctic tank from myvaporstore.com set it on istick 50w, made sure when I poured the juice in I didn't get any in the center. At first it works perfectly then after vaping for a few mins it starts gurgling and spitting juice in my mouth. I'm running .5 ohm coil at about 32 watts max vg juice from mbv. Let juice sit for a few minutes after filling and everything. Had a nautilus awhile back and it did it to me too. So I think it's something I'm doing wrong. I hate getting the juice taste and feeling nauseous. Changed to another coil and it happened again. Also happened when I set up my gfs (same set up as mine).
Hi, you are leaking eliquid, or eliquid has accumulated somewhere it's not supposed to be.
1. Unscrew coil from base, and wipe both off very well. Make sure coil is screwed in properly.
2. While you have the base off. Please pull the drip tip off the tank, and clean the hole out with a tissue. I find juice goes there all the time, and I always check this area after I refill. Wipe the drip tip off well, too. (Your eliquid in tank will be fine.)
3. Please don't turn your wattage up, 32 watts is already high, and wattage has nothing to do with gurgling. Watts are for taste-I own the 50w iStick, too, and keep it at 24w with the eliquid I vape.
4. I notice people panic and change new coils when problems arise. In three years of vaping I've only had one bad factory coil, and zero bad Subtank coils. The coils should last a week minimum, probably longer.
5. Clean the iStick threading out with a tissue, sometimes it only takes a little eliquid to cause gurgling.
6. Are you letting the juice penetrate the coils well after each refill?
7. Wipe the entire tank free of any eliquid residue, especially where the tank base screws into the iStick.
Since ejuice is getting in your mouth, it really sounds like it's leaked into the drip tip, and the tank hole the drip tip plugs into.
Good luck, and try adjusting that wattage...

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have an Artic tank, I have a Subtank and 20 others, lol. I don't know if your tank is a dual tank like the Subtank?
Either way, ejuice can get into the drip tip...
Be careful SubOhm vaping at 50watts...ouch! Lol. Too hot for me!

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah just had a go at it @45 watts and that worked well for me no juice in mouth or gurgling. Was a little too excited when I first got it earlier, had it at 50 and ripped it real hard. Bad idea lol.
Lol, you are braver than me...I run my .5 coil no more than 28watts. I could have ordered the 30w iStick. Matter of fact I have a 30w iStick and the Subtank Nano on the way now. I love all the Subtanks, and the iStick is great, too.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
You may also have a vacuum leak. Remove coil from the base and look down in the base for any liquid down there. I had a few tanks lose vacuum and the liquid seeps right down into the base so the air and liquid mix giving you a bad experience. A had a nautilus that no matter what I did they just flooded until I found a bad seal. After that it vaped like a champ with no gurgling. Just a thought as it is critical to get a good seal in the sub ohm world or you will get flooding that mimics gurgling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gumballhead23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well when I refilled today with a diff juice I took everything and put it in warm water except the coil. I noticed when I take the coil off I was doing it wrong I should have the base flipped upside down and screw it in from coil up if that makes any sense. Otherwise the coil was dripping into the bottom where the airflow is. Still @40 watts but haven't had any issues. Thanks for input guys. Another quick question, is it okay to keep this thing in my pocket? Just worried if it will leak or not.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had any issues wil mine leaking at all. The one thing I have noticed id that when I take it apart to fill it, I normally have to tighten the coil back into the base. Seems like the coil will come loose a little and then the base doesnt screw all the way on. I havent tried using it this way, my OCD notices the gap and I had to fix it.

VU Sponsors