What am I doing wrong?

Jacob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Greetings,

I have been vaping for almost two years now. Started with egos like most, moved on to other things...mostly the MVP and Vamo. Loved them. Decided recently to upgrade. I got the cloupor hana mod clone. About a month after getting it, nothing would screw onto it any more. I decided that the mod was no good, decided to buy a Dovpo e-mech...less than a month later, same thing. The ego connection on it still works, but the 510 does the same as the hana clone. Not helpful for my Kayfun. Mind you, I have two MVP's that have never had this issue.

I keep thinking that I must be screwing my devices down too much, but then why wouldn't I have had this problem before? The Hana clone is a fixed 510, the e-mech is a floating 510...

Also, can this be fixed (assuming you have almost no mechanical knowledge...)?
Thank you in advance.
Jacob

Last edited:

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You're saying the atomizers won't screw onto the device, or won't fire? I can't imagine any reason they wouldn't screw into place, unless your threads are hella dirty. If it's not firing, that could be a number of issues. Either way, having almost no mechanical knowledge is not a good place to start from. ;)

Jacob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They won't screw onto the device.

guppstatus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Do they still screw onto the vamo or mvp? If not, it's the threads on the atty, if they do, then it's the devices. At least you'll be able to pinpoint the prob.

Jacob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They do still screw on the vamo and MVP. Sounds like I need to clean the threads on the hana clone and the e-mech. I did a quick search and found the following...

" use a cotton swab (Q-tip) dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean connections on all my PVs. Make sure the battery is off/removed from the device prior to cleaning. I use a fresh cotton swab and repeat the process until it is no longer discolored."

That a good procedure?

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You want to be careful and only screw things on snugly. And never screw things fugly.

So, describe what you mean when you say it won't screw on anymore... (sorry, i work in tech support) ...does it actually screw on, but it seems like there is no voltage going to the coil? Or does it literally not fit? (Is it too loose to screw on? Too tight? Does it not screw down far enough? Are the threads stripped?)

Jacob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It does not screw in. It does not fit. It just turns and turns, but the threads do not catch.

guppstatus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hate to say it, you may have stripped your 510 connection, if the cleaning doesn't work, you may be screwed (no pun intended). There may be a way to fix this issue, but i don't know it. I guess it would involve replacing the 510 connectors. Sorry dude...

Jacob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I tried the cleaning with alcohol thing. Wow, those threads were dirty! Didn't help, though. 510 still won't screw on. I think I have stripped it. Anyone know why this happened on the two newer mods, but not on the MVP's that I have had forever?

EDIT: I did get a Kayfun at about the same time as the new mods. Perhaps I am screwing it on tighter than my previous atomizers (Nautilus, protank, etc.).

Last edited:

Desire

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
those mod's 510 threading is made by brass. It is easy damaged when you use a atty with ss threading.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Definitely stripped threads. Gonna have to replace them, and use more caution from now on. Brass threads vs. Stainless.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

evkoo.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The screw maybe damaged . IF not , Thread design has a problem . I think you need to change a new one .

evkoo.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Greetings,

I have been vaping for almost two years now. Started with egos like most, moved on to other things...mostly the MVP and Vamo. Loved them. Decided recently to upgrade. I got the cloupor hana mod clone. About a month after getting it, nothing would screw onto it any more. I decided that the mod was no good, decided to buy a Dovpo e-mech...less than a month later, same thing. The ego connection on it still works, but the 510 does the same as the hana clone. Not helpful for my Kayfun. Mind you, I have two MVP's that have never had this issue.

I keep thinking that I must be screwing my devices down too much, but then why wouldn't I have had this problem before? The Hana clone is a fixed 510, the e-mech is a floating 510...

Also, can this be fixed (assuming you have almost no mechanical knowledge...)?
Thank you in advance.
Jacob
You can upload a picture . Let's see what is wrong .

Jacob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Definitely stripped threads. Gonna have to replace them, and use more caution from now on. Brass threads vs. Stainless.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

How do I replace the threads?

Evkoo, I took a pic and it is attached, but I am not sure it will help with the phone I have.IMG_20141014_071759 (1).jpg

thatguy2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I'm the new guy on the block, but going to offer a suggestion.
Get you one of these --> http://www.kidneypuncher.com/ego-to-ego-sealed-adapter/
Or better yet, get a couple of them so you have a spare. Then when you strip the threads, simply unscrew and replace it. $2.95 is a whole lot cheaper than X dollars for a new APV or MOD!
They are also available other places like here --> http://www.ljesmokes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=84_60&products_id=2104 and have seen them at a few other places. Try a Google searh for "EGO to EGO adapter".
These days I put them or a "shorty" 510 to 510 adapter on everything when its new..

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
those mod's 510 threading is made by brass. It is easy damaged when you use a atty with ss threading.

The threading on my E-MECH as well as my Vamo V5 is made of stainless steel. But you should never EVER go past just barely finger tight when attaching a topper to your device.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get a 510-to-eGo adapter, wrap it in some copper tape, and put it on your device. Make sure you put enough so it tightens in place, and make DAMNED sure that it's not shorting out with the center pin. Then leave that adapter in place forever, and use the adapter for all your atomizers. Or, you could order another 510 connection and replace it yourself. The first option is a half-fix, the second is more expensive and time-consuming.

The power is yours! (By your juices combined, I am Captain @VaporJoes!)

Last edited:

Jacob

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all. With my lack of mechanical understanding, I am going for that kidney puncher solution for the e-mech. I may in the future try that copper tape thing to revive my Hana, tho.
Thanks again.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The screw maybe damaged . IF not , Thread design has a problem . I think you need to change a new one .
Spoken like a true salesperson...well played!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
At this point, it needs to be said that when venturing into copper hybrid tops and adapters (29 (xxix) and 49 mods) one must be VERY VERY careful when screwing in atomisers.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am learning that. Thank you. And once again, thank you all.
That is why we are here. Heaven knows it is not for the cocktails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've wanted to try bartending. May I?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
fatdaddyvapes or varitube 510 connector for Hana fix. Stainless threading and spring loaded pin. I hate fixed pin, brass 510's. Too many nice devices use junk connectors.

VU Sponsors