Become a Patron!

What am I doing wrong??

So yesterday I got this Joytech eGo Mega Twist+, I'm new to vaping, never done it before, I followed the instructions to assemble it, at first it worked fine, tried some different wattages, but after some time I was getting e-liquid in my mouth, after doing some research I found out you can't just pick the wattage you want but you need to look at the Ohms of the coil, so I thougt I ruined my first coil (wich was 0.5 Ohm) I now installed a 1.5 Ohm (lvc clapton 1.5ohm mtl) using 15W. And all I get is hot e-liquid spitting out of the device, not even a little bit of smoke...

Already cleaned the whole thing but the problem persists, it also makes some smoke or condens in the 'reservoir' I made a small video, but it's unclear at the end...

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So yesterday I got this Joytech eGo Mega Twist+, I'm new to vaping, never done it before, I followed the instructions to assemble it, at first it worked fine, tried some different wattages, but after some time I was getting e-liquid in my mouth, after doing some research I found out you can't just pick the wattage you want but you need to look at the Ohms of the coil, so I thougt I ruined my first coil (wich was 0.5 Ohm) I now installed a 1.5 Ohm (lvc clapton 1.5ohm mtl) using 15W. And all I get is hot e-liquid spitting out of the device, not even a little bit of smoke...

Already cleaned the whole thing but the problem persists, it also makes some smoke or condens in the 'reservoir' I made a small video, but it's unclear at the end...

spit back is somewhat normal on those devices but alot of it usually means your wattage isn't enough.
here is a good chart for a device like that. should be about 6-8 watts for the 1.5ohm coil
fSK9P.jpg

spit back is somewhat normal on those devices but alot of it usually means your wattage isn't enough.
here is a good chart for a device like that. should be about 6-8 watts for the 1.5ohm coil
fSK9P.jpg
I'm having it at 15 W, not sure how to read this tho.
On top it says VOLTAGE, and under the tabel it says Power is measured in watts. (Also on top: W(att?) = V(olt?)2 / R , Using 8.17V for 1.5R I get 44 Watt)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you suck too hard you will also get eliquid coming thru the device.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm having it at 15 W, not sure how to read this tho.
On top it says VOLTAGE, and under the tabel it says Power is measured in watts. (Also on top: W(att?) = V(olt?)2 / R , Using 8.17V for 1.5R I get 44 Watt)
the numbers in the chart are the watts. find your resistance on the left and then use a value for wattage in the green part on that row. don't worry about the voltage part.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Umm but you have to suck to vape. No pun intended.
and if you suck to fast or hard it can get too much juice in the coil chamber which results in it being sucked into your mouth.

Umm but you have to suck to vape. No pun intended.
and if you suck to fast or hard it can get too much juice in the coil chamber which results in it being sucked into your mouth.
Well I feel pretty stupid now, I've sucked it and I get more smoke (weird because yesterday I didn't have to suck it to get smoke) but this liquid burning my lips is crazy...

VU Sponsors