Become a Patron!

What am I doing wrong?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my tubes but what the hell am I doing wrong? For the last few months I've been heppily vaping away on the Vgod pro mech and the csmnt RDA. Before that it was the Dead Rabbit but now all I'm having trouble. When I press the switch...nada...crickets...no vapor. I'll unscrew the switch and then screw it back on and it''s work for a few hits. New battery and it'll work fine for a few hits then nothing. I removed the atty and noticed the 510 pin is noticeably shorter. Checked the Dead Rabbit and same thing. Both attys work fine on regulated mods so what have I done? It doesn't feel like I'm pushing in the switch too far.

Help please?

Chucking

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
You been cleaning your contacts at all? I think they recommend cleaning/maintaining the contacts every week or 2. Any pics to help us see what you're seeing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You been cleaning your contacts at all? I think they recommend cleaning/maintaining the contacts every week or 2. Any pics to help us see what you're seeing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes I clean each time I change the coil or cotton. Usually change the cotton about once a week. I'll try to get pics but I usually don't get good macro shots with my POS iphone.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you adjusting for battery rattle?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You might want to double check that then.
I adjust on my mechs every time I change batteries.
Also you may want to disassemble and clean it good once every week or so like chucking said. Especially the 510 contact and battery contacts.
If that has a floating pin push it in from the inside to make sure it's making good contact with the atty:
Take off the atty, push th contact in as far as it will go, then screw the atty back on

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone for the help.. I'm a dope. All contacts looked clean, but were dirtier than they appeared. Cleaned contacts on both attys and all batteries and it seems to singing along now.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the #1 reason I have little to no use for mechs -- no handy-dandy screen to let you know when something is wrong. If a mech doesn't vape, you just have to disassemble and reassemble and hope that fixes it. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Too fucking finicky for me.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Take the button apart, check if everything is in the right place, then put it back together, but don't over-tighten, as copper is a fairly delicate type of metal. Everything you need to know about how it all works is explained here:
Code:
https://youtu.be/fJi0g6aCtIU?t=302

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like the contract on the switch isn't making contact with the battery. Sometimes you need to back it off a bit.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors