Become a Patron!

What Are The Top Five Mech Mods?!

Adenrele1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good Day Vaping Underground!

I'm looking to build my collection up, a bit, and seek your input!

What your Top Five MECHANICAL MODS(Tube &/or Box Styled)?

Also insight on where to find them, would be nice.

Thanks in advance! Vaping Rocks!

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"Mech mods" is pretty broad.

Hellfire have a good reputation, if you like small form factor and MTL
Stingray X is a classic 18650 tube mech

I use mech squonkers, CC mods have a good following and are very easy to get hold of via corey on ecf. VR Wood Mods do parallel and series squonkers

Really, there is no "best" look for precious metal contacts, pure silver etc. One person's best might be low maintenance [stainless steel] another's performance [maybe copper parallel] and another light weight and small.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
heres what I use
FF666A40-5808-4CA3-921C-DD34B8C40474_zpswsjoec7f.jpg

tugboatv3/reo grand lp
4nine/ctillairev4
flagship/kennedy comp
stingrayx/petridotmod
praxis/derringer
tm2/noisy cricket

Last edited:

Adenrele1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Mech mods" is pretty broad.

Hellfire have a good reputation, if you like small form factor and MTL
Stingray X is a classic 18650 tube mech

I use mech squonkers, CC mods have a good following and are very easy to get hold of via corey on ecf. VR Wood Mods do parallel and series squonkers

Really, there is no "best" look for precious metal contacts, pure silver etc. One person's best might be low maintenance [stainless steel] another's performance [maybe copper parallel] and another light weight and small.
Thanks Dogman! What I meant by best is in terms of quality, durability, flexibility... I did not mean best in looks. I heard Cooper contact is the best. But, I wanted to hear from you all, your thoughts. Thanks, again!

Thanks

Adenrele1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
wow...I don't think any two vapers would have the same list...it's such a personal thing and has alot of varibles.....though there are defintely certain mods who are legendary for their performance and quality...

Thanks Pulsevape! I certainly was not and am not expecting ALL to have same list.(bit I'd imagine some lists would overlap in some ways) Hence, this post... to at least have a frame of reference of Top sticks and why?

What are your Top Five Mechs & why?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Pulsevape! I certainly was not and am not expecting ALL to have same list.(bit I'd imagine some lists would overlap in some ways) Hence, this post... to at least have a frame of reference of Top sticks and why?

What are your Top Five Mechs & why?
wrong guy to ask....I'm no mod collector..I always spent my money on attys...
PAPS....
MCR,but they have lousy customer service.
Anatolian
I like my brass surfirder alot, because it's built like a tank but looks sleek,it is so fucking simple has so few parts, and hits hard...but only if you keep the contacts clean.
Nanos...

Then there is a whole class of mech mods I'd call top shelf, and not many people own them, they are in the 200.00+ range,,stuff like the glas.

Last edited:

Adenrele1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
flagship from smk - low voltage drop, 510 connection and the snoothest button ive ever seen on a mechanical
@pulsevape

stingray xti from JD tech, smooth, small, near zero voltage drop and choice of 510 or hybrid
praxis mod auto locking switch, hybrid topcap
gp paps v4 - overall quality and a sure thing
reo grand lp - bottom feed squonker and one of my all time favorite mods

Thanks f1r3b1rd! Most appreciated! Ove heard great things about the Stingray from JD Tech! That will likely be one that I will be purchasing soon! Will look into the Flagship by Smok, now. Thanks ,again!

Vape On!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks f1r3b1rd! Most appreciated! Ove heard great things about the Stingray from JD Tech! That will likely be one that I will be purchasing soon! Will look into the Flagship by Smok, now. Thanks ,again!

Vape On!
flagship is from SMK not smok

Spiralnebel

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if you are looking for a single batterie mech tube mod
i suggest the congestus or a nemesis

in general...
a floating positive pin and contacts made of copper
and got silver coated always rock
the button should not get hot
Thick tubes, may with a copper inlay are nice as well

a mod for life: http://www.sarumods.com/index.php/mods/24-7
;) dont forget that there there are adapters for 2650 to 18650
out there. very goofy and solid

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All of these I consider in my top 5 Mechs...I wouldnt put any of them above the other except the Point Blank Clone, thats my Number 1 and the Tres Equis is my number 2...the rest fight for the other places
View attachment 51815View attachment 51816
How does the sniper line up against the PB? I'm all about the pistol grips apparently, wondering if it's worth the 50 or if I should buy 2 of something else?

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Of my Mechs

Rig V.2- by far best quality
Point Blank- just bad ass embodied..
Aria Oros II- I got the blem version, the switch is awesome, just a great quality piece
Mutant 26650- good as a weapon and a workhorse mod
Diablo- sleek sexy affordable

Waiting on Vape Mail: Tres Equis, Dos Equis, Castigator, Hammer of God. So my opinion may change but right now.. These are a few of my favorite things!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How does the sniper line up against the PB? I'm all about the pistol grips apparently, wondering if it's worth the 50 or if I should buy 2 of something else?
The PB clone is the best Pistol Grip Mod I have....even better then the Authentic Exodus. Its solid, hits harder, everything is secure and has a quality feel. Its heavy, not hot trigger when firing, its easy to tear down and it has the working slide/lock feature....I bought 2 of them and wouldnt hesitate to buy another.
The Sniper is a great mod but it gets a hot trigger and the battery mag can be a pain to take out and replace as its extremely tight in and out. Its also easy to clean as it doesnt have more then 6 pieces to the whole thing but its a pretty massive mod (30mm across).

Adenrele1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Able mod for a tube. For a box - probably Piglet series box.
Thanks PaulS! Most Mods have clones which are much more affordable. However, some clones just aren't worthy. What are your thoughts regarding clones...? How affordable is The Able?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Able is expensive but a beast. The VCP piglet is cheaper by far and I loev the series mods and this one has the form and quality for the cost for sure. I also have a Lucifer which is not shabby at all but VCP all the way. Of course I also love my Noisy Crickets.I have two.

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
My favorite:

GP Paps V4

A work of art. Great support. Outstanding fit and finish. Hits like a beast. Limited runs every few months. Uses what they call a Gpin which means no more tweaking and futzing with different toppers and or batteries. The lock ring is flawless with a short throw. Expensive!

Good luck!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are my favorite Mechs and the ones I'm using consistently -

The Anubis, simply and excellent Parallel Mod. I love the way it's designed, the feel and the punch is outstanding. Very easy to maintain and clean

anubis_zpsbiifxf0e.jpg

The Piglet, another very well designed Mod. This Series Mod packs one hell of a good punch, well designed and build quality is great.
Also my Arthas Tube Mod, all Copper, hits very well. I like the extra battery life the 26650 gives me and the extra 5 amps is a big plus. The machining is very nice and I really love the smoothness of the fire button, over all an excellent Tube Mod.

tanks_zpsxodzqy4e.jpg

Now here is another outstanding tube Mod, the Oros V2, another very well made Mod with and excellent fire button. This throw on it is about as perfect as one can get, I really like the button lock mechanism and just how smooth the button is. This Mod hits very well and really love how well made it is and how comfortable it is in the hand.

oros_zpsl2wxqv1h.jpg

I've got over a dozen Mech's and these are my favorites, the only one missing from these are my Mutant 26650 SS Tube Mod. I'm at work today and it's one of the rare occasions I don't have it with me today. It and my Anubis are the two that are pretty much attached to me on a daily basis. I have it paired with a Tank for when I'm mobile and my Anubis paired with an RDA.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The top five? As others have pointed out, that will vary depending on what you're looking for. Personally, I want a recessed switch, a lock ring, and an adjustable 510 pin. I use tanks, generally at 0.5 ohms. And I'm cheap. So the perfect mechanical for me is the Knight. They have a brass or copper tube (wrapped in carbon fiber), a silver-plated copper contact and they're cheap. Less than ten dollars on Fast tech and they have great ratings.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
id say the copper rogue is the king of tube mechs.
then the scndrl.
then dominus w/lochaber.
timekeeper.
these 5 i chose were based on performance alone, though theyre also lookers, especially scndrl and dominus.

other worthy mentions are the subzero, the bane, rig, rigv2, able, manhattan v2, tk, vcm, and the only phillipines mod of the bunch the overdose v2.

all in copper.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The top five? As others have pointed out, that will vary depending on what you're looking for. Personally, I want a recessed switch, a lock ring, and an adjustable 510 pin. I use tanks, generally at 0.5 ohms. And I'm cheap. So the perfect mechanical for me is the Knight. They have a brass or copper tube (wrapped in carbon fiber), a silver-plated copper contact and they're cheap. Less than ten dollars on Fast tech and they have great ratings.
sounds like a GP paps.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im gonna give GP another "shout out" the PAPS V4 or 2.5 or most any GP MOD.

Neck and neck with GP is GUS Mods, especially the single tubes. Great performance and added safety in the pos connection. They use a fuse that will fail if there is a hard short or any safety issue.

THe MCRs are great as a next choice, but PAPs and their GPin is hard to compare.

GP, JM, GUS have the same threading so you can mix and match switches, top caps etc. My one and only if I could only have 1 would be a GP PAPS 2.5 with the V3 and above top cap with the Gpin. Amazing MOD, solid, easy and can be totally broken down and cleaned when needed.

If you want a safe, reliable and beautiful and new, go with a PAPs V4.
Im sure there are many great genuine and clone MECHS. Just make sure the switch design is a good and safe one. Those with good insulators to make sure there is no arching is something to look for.

GP still has parts for all their past models and has some of THE BEST customer service. GUS MODS also. MCR like someone else mentioned is a bit lax on their US clients, but they did take care of me when I had a flaw in the finish of one of my media blasted tubes. Sent a replacement right away with no hassles.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
its a beast of a tubr mod.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Good to know,. I wanted one more copper mod before the shit hit the fan.
Now I need to find ball bearing for my flagship

Vape7od

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Able clone
View attachment 51813

What do u like better the Time keeper or Able on a strictly performance basis? I was lookin at both today but didnt buy either because i had no referance or reccomendations..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

noogie003

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From my personal experience I get the hardest hits by far from my platinum limitless mod (wether it's truly conductive enough to be worth the price is anyone's guess) but the results are hard to argue with, compared to a copper rig v2... Well let's just say it's hard to compare at all the limitless outclasses it all the way. Vaporhub has them in stock if your in the states and if your in the EU check evolutionvaping

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpeg
From my personal experience I get the hardest hits by far from my platinum limitless mod (wether it's truly conductive enough to be worth the price is anyone's guess) but the results are hard to argue with, compared to a copper rig v2... Well let's just say it's hard to compare at all the limitless outclasses it all the way. Vaporhub has them in stock if your in the states and if your in the EU check evolutionvaping

Totally agree, love my Platinum Limitless Mod

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All these fancy names thrown out but i keep it Simple and old school with proven performance..even the decent clones don't miss a beat.

Modded Copper Nemesis (Hybrid conversion, copper rice pin, magnets)

A/V Copper Manhattan

SMPL Copper

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
kennedy ruby / oros v2 / rig v2 / subzero shorty / praxis, all in copper, are my most used mods

have a limitless brass on the way, thought about the platinum, i just prefer the the color of brass or copper (if i like it i may go for the matte black copper one)

the rogue mod looks sexy too, dont have one at the moment but maybe sometime soon enough

if durability if your concern, look into the stainless steel roundhouse mod, it's steel but with a hybrid connection and copper contact your vdrop will be minimal (unless you go building < 0.1)

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I actually started vaping on a mech mod with a authentic hades, so it will always have a special place for me.

hilliard4512

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Like all unregulated lovers it does change. I love my mechs and it a go to for my vaping. But to me
-RigV2- just a bad hard hitter
-Continuos Current V2- small and sleek. Hard hitter every time
-AV Mods- the reputation speaks
-Ruby Mod- just a perfect specimen of quality and performance
Glaš Mod- an awesome piece of machinery.
Just my 2

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/08/a03e30118b152d7a10a3799171db195c.jpg.

kprthevapr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Able clone
View attachment 51813

What do u like better the Time keeper or Able on a strictly performance basis? I was lookin at both today but didnt buy either because i had no referance or reccomendations..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
I use the TimeKeeper everyday. The Able is a great mod as well, the buttons on both are interchangeable.
The TimeKeeper feels better in my hand, small hands.
I like the TK and the Optic shape better than the Able.

kprthevapr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
All of the AV clones we have came from 3fvape. They all have the AV logo and are very good quality mods.
I have quite a few mods, here's an older pic, not all of my mods are pictured, approximately 12 are missing from the pic lol
image.jpg

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These are my favorite Mechs and the ones I'm using consistently -

The Anubis, simply and excellent Parallel Mod. I love the way it's designed, the feel and the punch is outstanding. Very easy to maintain and clean

anubis_zpsbiifxf0e.jpg

The Piglet, another very well designed Mod. This Series Mod packs one hell of a good punch, well designed and build quality is great.
Also my Arthas Tube Mod, all Copper, hits very well. I like the extra battery life the 26650 gives me and the extra 5 amps is a big plus. The machining is very nice and I really love the smoothness of the fire button, over all an excellent Tube Mod.

tanks_zpsxodzqy4e.jpg

Now here is another outstanding tube Mod, the Oros V2, another very well made Mod with and excellent fire button. This throw on it is about as perfect as one can get, I really like the button lock mechanism and just how smooth the button is. This Mod hits very well and really love how well made it is and how comfortable it is in the hand.

oros_zpsl2wxqv1h.jpg

I've got over a dozen Mech's and these are my favorites, the only one missing from these are my Mutant 26650 SS Tube Mod. I'm at work today and it's one of the rare occasions I don't have it with me today. It and my Anubis are the two that are pretty much attached to me on a daily basis. I have it paired with a Tank for when I'm mobile and my Anubis paired with an RDA.
How long can vape a tank on a mech? About 30 good hits?

VU Sponsors