Become a Patron!

What Are You Biggest Vaping Pet Peeves 2.0

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have so many pet peeves not sure I can narrow them all down. One of the latest ones to grind sand in my crack, newer rta's and the lazy bastards 'designing' them. Nearly all newer rta's the glass just rests between the base and top or barely hugs an oring on the top. Usually I do ok when I refill a tank and then realize a half dozen hits into it, the coils and wicks are filthy. Why waste the juice, just tip it over and set the top/glass aside full while rewicking the base. So I go to wipe out the inside of the chamber, glass pops off the top. Fuck, hands full of juice and naturally I'm sitting on the couch in the living room, not over the sink. So off to wash everything. Remember the good old days when the tank section used to secure the glass between two halves so that couldn't happen? Me too, cheap fucks.

Most newer rta's also feel they no longer need juice flow control. Which works fine mostly, until filling. Then it's a race to fill the tank with a drip tip the size of a gnats asshole and hurry to get the cap on before it pisses out the airflow. Never a lot, just enough to make a mess. Some suggest closing off the airflow but running a bubble glass means I can't get my sausage fingers between the glass and mod to capture the afc ring. Can't really be bothered taking the tank off, closing the afc, filling it back up, opening the afc, putting it back on the mod. If I gotta monkey with all that bullshit let's just go back to the shitty bottom fill screws. Thought the whole point was to be able to fill withOUT having to pull the tank every damn time.

Whether it's a simple refill, time between uses and you don't want it to leak in your pocket or whatever. Jfc, it's a thing. It used to be there and worked quite well. Some even designed so slick that turning the tank to spin it off the mod automatically closed the jfc first then hit a hard stop and proceeded to unscrew the tank from the mod. Or removed the tank with glass firmly sandwiched so it was a self contained tank of juice exposing the build deck for washing coils and rewicking. Not these days, cheap fucks.

That was half the innovation of tanks, now they're all copy cats. Let me guess.. the next one is going to be 24-25mm, straight and bubble glass, barely held to the top with a single oring, no jfc, afc that can't be reached with an 810 tip. Did I guess right? Do I win a booby prize? lol

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It was 8am and as I spam banned a half dozen spammers I got this "Bluechips" guy be accident.
He's an unlisted vendor with 35 posts who hasn't posted since July 2015.

He was the OP of the old thread.
That thread went away when he was accidentally spam banned,

apparently VU doesn't have a "Trash Bin"(or whatever name) ? i used to be a mod on a forum. they had a trash bin = a place to move threads/posts that were thought to not be public worthy. but they were still fully intact and any mod/admin could read or reinstate them.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone just loves the feeling of scalding hot eliquid splashing across their skin.
It usually comes out of the airflow hole.

I have this doo doo voopoo drag that has a bad fire button.
It stays on sometimes.
Not much you can do but smack it or drop the batteries out.
Or smack it then drop the batteries out.
Anyway, Both times it auto fired molten hot juice came out of the airflow hole and splashed on my skin.

It was no fun.:(
Whatcha expect from something named poo?
They are best with a Wanko on top.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Whatcha expect from something named poo?
They are best with a Wanko on top.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

No one is impressed by the stuff I buy either, Cromwell. You ain't by yourself. Doesn't worry me, I am not in it for that.

Have said before, the best, to me, is getting something nice that doesn't cost much. I like good quality, just don't wanna pay the premium for r&d and such for it, just so I can have a thing when it first comes out. Better to wait a while and let complaints surface, then the reviews mean something, too.

I'm a fan of the Voopoo gear I've had, so there. :D Any company can produce a lemon from time to time.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No one is impressed by the stuff I buy either, Cromwell. You ain't by yourself. Doesn't worry me, I am not in it for that.

Have said before, the best, to me, is getting something nice that doesn't cost much. I like good quality, just don't wanna pay the premium for r&d and such for it, just so I can have a thing when it first comes out. Better to wait a while and let complaints surface, then the reviews mean something, too.

I'm a fan of the Voopoo gear I've had, so there. :D Any company can produce a lemon from time to time.

LOL
I just can't resist making fun of the names of some vape stuff.

I do not have any Poo stuff I do however have 2 Wankos. Bought incredibly cheap.
Converted to Squanko's.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The purple billet box is color unicorn poo.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It’s also great when they ask “Can I use 6mg Strawberry-whatever in this?” Nope, read your tank instructions. Absolutely not.

We were all somewhat ignorant once, but swear to god, don't believe I was ever that ignorant. There's some doozies out there in the world. You wonder how they could possibly learn to operate a motor vehicle.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We were all somewhat ignorant once, but swear to god, don't believe I was ever that ignorant. There's some doozies out there in the world. You wonder how they could possibly learn to operate a motor vehicle.
Well vaping does require a bit more knowledge than does smoking.

I am reminded of the 'village idiot' that roamed the small town where I grew up. As long as he had a cig and a coke he was a happy feller.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Peeve. The boxes that our gear is in. Some aren't so bad, but some are like Fort Knox to get into. I like to keep mine intact.

Wotofo, I'm lookin' at you. o_O

The plastic wrapping is hard for me to open, too. If you want to keep the box intact and have to cut plastic with a knife, it’s not always good.
Cute avatar, Huck.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Peeve. The boxes that our gear is in. Some aren't so bad, but some are like Fort Knox to get into. I like to keep mine intact.

Wotofo, I'm lookin' at you. o_O
I throw all my boxes away and put the contents in little plactic sealable tubs sorted by categry/brand.
since I never plan on selling any of it... And who would want it anyway. Well in another year or so people may want it. Maybe even those 10 brand new, still in box Kanger T3S clearos :)

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I throw all my boxes away and put the contents in little plactic sealable tubs sorted by categry/brand.
since I never plan on selling any of it... And who would want it anyway. Well in another year or so people may want it. Maybe even those 10 brand new, still in box Kanger T3S clearos :)
You may be able to get a couple of hundred a pop for them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nautilus Minis are the ones that'll bring a fortune, cause you'll still be able to get coils for 'em.

Think of all the hoarded Nautilus coils thousands of vapers have socked away at home.

Nautilus Mini? Sure I got 'em. $300 please! lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That was mainly what I tossed along with some 808 threaded mini clearos nas some used T3S.
I moved up to tanks after those.

Evods were good for a bit. Then I got a stainless tank with a VV mod. And then I quit vaping! I was dual using and thought I couldn’t afford it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since the batteries we use are not intended for what we use them for that is unlikely to happen.
Yep and the ones the batteries are intended for are wishing for miracle batteries as well.
Actually the batteries we use have pretty much doubled in amp capacity in the past 5 years.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since the batteries we use are not intended for what we use them for that is unlikely to happen.
Oh it will happen,,, just a matter of the right people leaning on science to get the job done,,, expect it to come from outside America since striving isn't a thing anymore here.

Always look up and forward never accept the status quo

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
True. But at the same time have a bit of patience.
I think that it is really amazing how far vaping hardware has come in the last 5 years.

Sub ohm (and VW) changed it for me. I didn’t quit smoking when I was using a plus ohm tank. It’s just better for me with the amount of vapor put out by sub ohm.
I do vape plus ohm with some salts I just got, and it’s pretty nice. Just wish I knew more about the benzoic acid in them.

Hey Cromwell, how’s it going?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have so many pet peeves not sure I can narrow them all down. One of the latest ones to grind sand in my crack, newer rta's and the lazy bastards 'designing' them. Nearly all newer rta's the glass just rests between the base and top or barely hugs an oring on the top. Usually I do ok when I refill a tank and then realize a half dozen hits into it, the coils and wicks are filthy. Why waste the juice, just tip it over and set the top/glass aside full while rewicking the base. So I go to wipe out the inside of the chamber, glass pops off the top. Fuck, hands full of juice and naturally I'm sitting on the couch in the living room, not over the sink. So off to wash everything. Remember the good old days when the tank section used to secure the glass between two halves so that couldn't happen? Me too, cheap fucks.

Most newer rta's also feel they no longer need juice flow control. Which works fine mostly, until filling. Then it's a race to fill the tank with a drip tip the size of a gnats asshole and hurry to get the cap on before it pisses out the airflow. Never a lot, just enough to make a mess. Some suggest closing off the airflow but running a bubble glass means I can't get my sausage fingers between the glass and mod to capture the afc ring. Can't really be bothered taking the tank off, closing the afc, filling it back up, opening the afc, putting it back on the mod. If I gotta monkey with all that bullshit let's just go back to the shitty bottom fill screws. Thought the whole point was to be able to fill withOUT having to pull the tank every damn time.

Whether it's a simple refill, time between uses and you don't want it to leak in your pocket or whatever. Jfc, it's a thing. It used to be there and worked quite well. Some even designed so slick that turning the tank to spin it off the mod automatically closed the jfc first then hit a hard stop and proceeded to unscrew the tank from the mod. Or removed the tank with glass firmly sandwiched so it was a self contained tank of juice exposing the build deck for washing coils and rewicking. Not these days, cheap fucks.

That was half the innovation of tanks, now they're all copy cats. Let me guess.. the next one is going to be 24-25mm, straight and bubble glass, barely held to the top with a single oring, no jfc, afc that can't be reached with an 810 tip. Did I guess right? Do I win a booby prize? lol
m0139.gif
This. Is. Awesome!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juice that make your cotton look like poo after a tank or two. Cornbread puddin I'm talking to you. So delicious but have to change cotton after 8-10ml cuz you make the cotton nasty...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
We do! Not all of us have fancy jobs. I need pockets at work. Beyond that, I've always been a tshirt and blue jeans gal.

Those three inch zippers have got to go, too! But agree about the pockets. It means you have to shlep a pocketbook everywhere!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I steal my husbands pajama pants and sweatpants for the pockets. He’s 6’3” and weighs 275lbs. I’m 5ft and weigh 150. So I have to tie them ridiculous tight. But I need the pocket space for lounging and trips to places I don’t care how I look.

new vaping peeve (which I’m sure most if not all of you already experienced): I changed my coil yesterday and I guess I didn’t tighten it enough. Went to fill my tank and the coil came out with it, tank fell, and juice everywhere. And of course I wasn’t over the sink. :wait:

VU Sponsors