Become a Patron!

What are you stocking up on due to regulations?

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking nic and a few more mods as my budget allows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, been slowly stocking up and preparing for a few months now. I also got into Mech's because I knew that puppets of big tobacco and Pharmaceutical were out to screw us. I'm pretty set for hardware plus I've got a liter and a half of 100mg nic juice in the freezer. I'll be buying more.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
a couple of gallons of 100mg nic (and one of those argon gas wine saver kits to help protect the nic), then some more mods. That nic, plus what I already have in the freezer, should last me the rest of my life (if I'm doing my math right). I figure I can always get kanthal, PG, VG, cotton, flavors, etc., though I might get a little more PG and VG for that period when supplies dry up and it becomes a little harder to source.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not stocking up at all. I was done long ago. Got a display down at vape store of about 20 mods both regulated and mechanicals and likely 30 or 40 tanks. Have just as many but better stuff here at the house. Nicotine in the freezer. Can buy PG at the local farm supply as cattle use it, PG can be had a the bulk food store if it becomes a must. Got 400 to 500 stock coils I have rebuilt plus all my rebuildable tanks. I have no worries. With the nicotine in the freezer I will slowly wean down to zero over time anyways. Then I will just quit which was always the end goal anyways. Smoked for 42 years so I still have 37 years to get to zero nicotine. ;) CHEERS!

:idea:I am a hunter and have got things in the mail that I should not have. They can not stop everything. :D

CHEERS!

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Attys are my biggest concern. Am already good on nic. A few more high quality mechs would not hurt though.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
figure a few modders boards, maybe stash some okl boards, Sx350 boards and dnaboards.
I can build the mods when I need them
definitely wanna get some decent rdas and mechanicals as well.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's all this about? Is it really going to be an issue getting our products in the future?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What's all this about? Is it really going to be an issue getting our products in the future?

Im sure they will be made in china still but they can be seized at customs. There wont be anything else besides what Big Tobacco products in the legal market...
Any and All Juice and Hardware companies will have to go through a pre market inspection/approval process for EVERY SINGLE Mod, Tanks, Coils, Juice and peices they want to sell and each will cost upwards of a million per....how many companies in the industry could afford that? If they dont pass they also loose that money, how many do you think will take that risk?
When is this supposed to happen/start?
90 days from now

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Within the next two years....read the new FDA regulation that came out.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, Ive got a Hohm Wrecker G2 coming tomorrow, that should take care of my TC needs. Im gonna get another RX200, probably the new S version, for a good beater mod, another Noisy Cricket, probably a Spartan 300, a Disguiser, another Nugget, and for sure a DNA 200 or 2 (probably at least one Axis M17, bet thatll be worth some money in a few years when shit is illegal to buy new), and probably at least one or 2 others, just to have. Might not even open all of them. Just stuff some in the closet for when something in the current rotation breaks or something.

Then a couple gallons of 100mg/ml nicotine for the freezer, a couple RTAs (Merlin for sure), maybe another RDA or 2. With how solid and simple most RTAs and RDAs are, they should last many many years before they are unusable so thats not a huge concern. Ive already got a large collection of attys. Probably stock up on some 120mls of my favorite flavors to stick in the freezer.

And then whatever other cool new shit comes out between now and then.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Possibly, yeah. Congress passed a law, known as the Tobacco Control Act, back some time ago that gave the FDA regulatory power over tobacco. The FDA has been trying relentlessly to shut down the vaping industry. They (the FDA) has now declared that vaping products are tobacco products and thus subject to the Tobacco Control Act, which says that any tobacco product introduced to market after Feb 2007 must undergo review, etc. This means that every iteration of every eliquid (each mg strength of each flavor, produced by each vendor) that's made in the U.S. (China was making it before Feb 2007) is subject to this, as well as the equipment we use today (in 2007, the model used was the 801 pen style that was very low power and about the size of a calligraphy pen). The FDA has estimated the cost of this to be approximately $300,000 per item.

In hopeful news, Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) introduced a bill last year (HR2058) to change that date from Feb. 2007 to the date that the FDA deems them to be a tobacco product (which would change it to 5/5/2016). However, even though that bill has numerous co-sponsors, it hasn't made it out of subcommittee.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They cant really mess with the batteries or the flavor extracts as although used in vaping their primary purpose rests outside the hobby.
As for nic, you can extract your own, its easy as shit.
Only thing left to do is stock on drippers and more mechs....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I definitely will be avoiding looking into a few tanks with ss tank options, since the plastic degrades and as much as I love my glass tanks, they all eventually get destroyed by gravity

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They cant really mess with the batteries or the flavor extracts as although used in vaping their primary purpose rests outside the hobby.
As for nic, you can extract your own, its easy as shit.
Only thing left to do is stock on drippers and more mechs....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Why only mechs?

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It starts in 90 days, if they want to keep it on the shelf they have to apply and then in 2 years it will have to be approved to stay on the shelves...

So, what? Youre saying in 90 days, its all over? Wasnt there a grandfather date? What is it?

This shit really sucks, but Im extremely happy and fortunate I got into vaping when I did, Im just sad to have to see its downfall.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So, what? Youre saying in 90 days, its all over? Wasnt there a grandfather date? What is it?

This shit really sucks, but Im extremely happy and fortunate I got into vaping when I did, Im just sad to have to see its downfall.

No new products in 90 days unless they apply first...which means no new products. And two years to sell off stock of existing stuff.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No new products in 90 days unless they apply first...which means no new products. And two years to sell off stock of existing stuff.
So in 90 days, nothing knew can come to market?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone should have a second passport, from a friendly country. In the near future I plan on tearing up my United States passport and renouncing citizenship...I may come and visit once in awhile, but I doubt it.

Personally I've had it with this police-nanny state.
Yep, spent 10 years of my life and went to war for my country, I'm so fucking disgusted at what it has been become. I've been planning on getting out of this country in 3-4 years.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

grandfather date was Feb 2007 :(

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It passed subcommittee. Still needs to pass the Senate.
its hope...
MY PERSONAL ASSESMENT:
congress and the feds want money
they lost money hand over fist from tobacco sales
they gonna see how we react as a community
if the tobacco sales increase - we may very well be fucked
if they don't increase, that magic bill to extend the grandfather date may get passed
we gonna get regulated
we gonna get taxed
we are stll going to have vaping... just a lot more expensive.

that's my thoughts... on the deal.
The more we fight, bicker, bitch, argue, troll, insult, argue and show that we cant get along, the more expensive it will be.
if we can somehow figure out a way to band together and try to at least speak as one voice, we may be able to mitigate the expense

edit: I realize this is a very simple way to see things. maybe I get weird at 0030 or perhaps its simpler than we think. either way, the chief motivation is money

Last edited:

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive got dual citizenship with Germany (born there to a German citizen mother and an American citizen Army veteran father) so I could jump ship whenever and go to Germany. But, right now, Europe is not a place you wanna go. Sure, its beautiful there, the small villages and castles and old world feel in areas is amazing, and the culture is just fantastic. But right now there is a HUGE influx of refugees all across Europe, and they are just fucking shit up. A lot of European countries were already struggling to some degree with a sinking economy and other shit, and now these refugees are just straining an already strained system.

If I was to go anywhere, it would be Canada, Australia, or Thailand.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, spent 10 years of my life and went to war for my country, I'm so fucking disgusted at what it has been become. I've been planning on getting out of this country in 3-4 years.

Good on you @r055co .... I been planning quite a bit longer, but that's what it takes to get a second passport and dual citizenship, now I can't wait to use it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
its hope...
MY PERSONAL ASSESMENT:
congress and the feds want money
they lost money hand over fist from tobacco sales
they gonna see how we react as a community
if the tobacco sales increase - we may very well be fucked
if they don't increase, that magic bill to extend the grandfather date may get passed
we gonna get regulated
we gonna get taxed
we are stll going to have vaping... just a lot more expensive.

that's my thoughts... on the deal.
The more we fight, bicker, bitch, argue, troll, insult, argue and show that we cant get along, the more expensive it will be.
if we can somehow figure out a way to band together and try to at least speak as one voice, we may be able to mitigate the expense

edit: I realize this is a very simple way to see things. maybe I get weird at 0030 or perhaps its simpler than we think. either way, the chief motivation is money

Could not agree more Bird.

Now back to my most epic shopping spree :)

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lmao, where did they pull that date from? What even was there in 2007? I dont even remember there being cigalikes back then.
That's a date that Congress put in the Tobacco Control Act (which gave the FDA regulatory control of tobacco products and was signed into law by Pres. Obama on June 22, 2009). As far as I know, the only ecig stuff on the market before Feb. 2007 was the 801 pen style and eliquid made in China.
th

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's a date that Congress put in the Tobacco Control Act (which gave the FDA regulatory control of tobacco products and was signed into law by Pres. Obama on June 22, 2009). As far as I know, the only ecig stuff on the market before Feb. 2007 was the 801 pen style and eliquid made in China.

Great, so we can get Chinese juice but not US made. BRILLIANT

VU Sponsors