Become a Patron!

What are you stocking up on due to regulations?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What would be some good mods to stock up on. I generally don't do mechs although i have 2 a Nemmi and a sentinel both clones. Should i go the mech route? What mods will last me a while both regulated and mech. I like the box style.
I think mechs make sense due to the simple, "fool" proof design. Batteries will always be available.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think mechs make sense due to the simple, "fool" proof design. Batteries will always be available.
Not sure what to get. Hybrid tops are scaring me off. I have the Sub tank and mutation xv4 but mostly use just the subtank. I need an RTA with an adjustable 510. Theres so much research I gotta do now. Although the Wismec Theorem RDTA should work.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No new products in 90 days unless they apply first...which means no new products. And two years to sell off stock of existing stuff.[/QUOT

Roxy, what about existing items during this 2-year period? I've read everything between 30 days, 90 days, and 24 months. If we do have 2 years, how many local and online vendors will be able to survive that long, or willing, given that many will be looking for a new business opportunity (or have already started doing so, in anticipation of these regs)... I think some held out just in case the news was better than expected. I know a guy who quit a secure state job with a pension to open a vape shop. Can't even begin to imagine......

I do think BT will get something approved, maybe Juul like device...... who knows if those will pass inspection. Maybe they will create something with real tobacco that is somehow non-combustible. But if everything will need to be self-contained, I don't see buying a bottle of yucky Marlboro liquid at the 7-11.

I know that new items can't come to market after Aug 5, but can SMOK sell TFV4's for 2 years, and can Cuttwood sell their existing flavors for 2 years, continuing to producing existing but not new flavors?

Finally, if tanks and coils and pg/vg/nic are "tobacco"---- and wouldn't that make patches and gum tobacco---- will online sales and Ebay be shut off in 30 or 90 days? We may wind up able to buy stuff for awhile, but with no available vendors. PayPal dropped their POS system for vape shops recently, leaving one in our area SOL with no notice. They got a new system in 3-4 days, but Jesus.

My guess is that there are far more vapers than those who participate in VU or that other, less desirable, forum. We are the success stories. Whether or not we can make coils and e liquid, we embraced the healthier alternative, and a lot of us drastically reduced or quit big tobacco. What will Dad or Grandma do, unable to get coils for their Nautilus or Kanger? I thought about the death toll that could result, but then realized we've sent soldiers to war for business reasons, with larger losses yet.

Can real tobacco be vaped, as a healthier alternative to combustion? RYO and pipe tobacco certainly existed before 2007. Can it be vaped in a device created for another type of substance, one that we can't discuss?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Mind you I'm still reading through the comments but as explicitly stated e-liquid that contains no nicotine is not considered a covered tobacco process. Therefore by some deductive reasoning it can be made and sold because it is neither derived from tobacco nor addictive, which also relates to the free samples deal. I wish I wasn't on my phone and could highlight text. There's alot more to read though and reference so it'll take a few days.

I really hope you're right Blake, but as the regs are writen now I doubt it :(

The trouble is, the regs are contradictory. Around page 220 or so it says products without nic but are reseanably believed to be created to vape are covered - so it's still unclear.

Yup, they're covering all their bases. What I'm getting is pretty much anything used solely to vape with is covered. We'll have to see how it all plays out once they start enforcing it.

blakemorder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really hope you're right Blake, but as the regs are writen now I doubt it :(

Yup, they're covering all their bases. What I'm getting is pretty much anything used solely to vape with is covered. We'll have to see how it all plays out once they start enforcing it.
The regs are both very vague and contradict themselves fairly often and I think this is very deliberate. Being vague they can expand the scope to include pretty much anything they deem fit, and the contradicting nature will make any kind of case against it a nightmare to fight.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what to get. Hybrid tops are scaring me off. I have the Sub tank and mutation xv4 but mostly use just the subtank. I need an RTA with an adjustable 510. Theres so much research I gotta do now. Although the Wismec Theorem RDTA should work.
Get some decent parallel Mech's with adjustable 510 pin's, maybe a couple tube mod's. Insure you have a "real" mech, not a hybrid with a MOSFET chip. Also do your research on Mech safety, there really are just only a few easy to follow basic rules, but those rules are extremely important.

1. Know Ohms law
2. Use only quality "Authentic" batteries, Samsung, Sony, LG, avoid malicious battery company's like eFest.
3. Take care of your batteries, rewrap when you get nicks in them, wraps are very cheap and easy to rewrap
4. Stay within actual CDR when you build, if your battery is 20amp CDR, don't build above 20amp
5. Keep your mod clean and maintained

I even take an extra step and when I do a fresh build I vape it for a bit on a regulated mod to really insure there are no shorts.

I myself avoid hybrid connections even though I have the Noisy Cricket, it's the only Mod I have with a hybrid type connection. When shopping for a Mech things to look for are insure they have a good venting system. I avoid Clones, if you do get a clone do some research an insure it's good quality, there is a lot of junk out there from China. Basically just use your head and you'll be fine. I went into Mechs due to the pending bullshit coming down and to be honest, I really love them.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea on what to stock up on. I don't build (can't do). I diy for myself and two family members so I'm might get another liter of nic. I have nic from the last vape Apocalypse. I believe the nic will store well for years. I based my opinion on Kurts (a ecf member/chemist) findings/thoughts.
I'll have to buy some cheap nautilus tanks for me and the other two. We are simple vaper-ers and don't require much.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you explain CDR? I was looking into the Noisy as well. Do you know of a 4ml capacity tank that will work with that?
CDR = Continuous Discharge Rate, for example Sony VTC5's and Samsung 25R's are 20 Amp

Also the NC is not a good first mech, especially with the hybrid connection. Look for a parallel Mod that you can build around .2 ohms on up. The NC is a series mod you and you build high like .5 on up. Running a Tank on the NC you really, really, really need to know what the hell you're doing. It's not for the beginner.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea on what to stock up on. I don't build (can't do). I diy for myself and two family members so I'm might get another liter of nic. I have nic from the last vape Apocalypse. I believe the nic will store well for years. I based my opinion on Kurts (a ecf member/chemist) findings/thoughts.
I'll have to buy some cheap nautilus tanks for me and the other two. We are simple vaper-ers and don't require much.
You're going to run out of coils, you really need to learn how to build or find someone who can for you.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have plenty of mods and got a few more coming, pretty stocked up on tanks, but I don't DIY, tried it before and didn't work out that great, so guess I will stock up where I can on pre-made juice in glass bottles and hope things change before I run out, but not running out now, as we are meant to be OK for another few years from what I have heard.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My builds are usually .3-.6 so I deff know how to build them. Issue I have is the tank thats compatible with it.
With the NC lowest I would say to build is .5, even with that hot of a build you need lots room and airflow, use smaller gauge wire to fit in the deck of a tank. I've run the Griffin on mine using 30 gauge at 1.1 ohm. I've also drilled out the airflow on one of my Bellus Tanks.

Additionally I use a heat sink, that serves two purposes

1. Heat dissipation
2. Extends the 510 pin

Remember this is a hybrid connection and you MUST have an extended 510 pin on any device you attach or you will hard short and blow your face off.

Again Tanks on the NC or any series mod isn't for even a Novice, you really know what you're doing.

Also I very highly recommend vaping on a regulated device any new build to insure you don't have any shorts or janky connections.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the NC lowest I would say to build is .5, even with that hot of a build you need lots room and airflow, use smaller gauge wire to fit in the deck of a tank. I've run the Griffin on mine using 30 gauge at 1.1 ohm. I've also drilled out the airflow on one of my Bellus Tanks.

Additionally I use a heat sink, that serves two purposes

1. Heat dissipation
2. Extends the 510 pin

Remember this is a hybrid connection and you MUST have an extended 510 pin on any device you attach or you will hard short and blow your face off.

Again Tanks on the NC or any series mod isn't for even a Novice, you really know what you're doing.

Also I very highly recommend vaping on a regulated device any new build to insure you don't have any shorts or janky connections.
Agreed I would always try on a regulated first. Do you still need an extended 510 even with the heat sink?

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want the mod, it looks so sexy but I'm a little scared. Wish there was a parallel version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want the mod, it looks so sexy but I'm a little scared. Wish there was a parallel version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed I would always try on a regulated first. Do you still need an extended 510 even with the heat sink?
The heatsink does extend the 510, that's how I've been able to us a device without an extended 510.

Just look around and you can find a decent parallel, here's one I just picked up and really loving it.

anubis_zpsbiifxf0e.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The heatsink does extend the 510, that's how I've been able to us a device without an extended 510.

Just look around and you can find a decent parallel, here's one I just picked up and really loving it.

anubis_zpsbiifxf0e.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Looks really cool but out of my budget

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're going to run out of coils, you really need to learn how to build or find someone who can for you.
So you guys are saying no vaping products will be available? Damm, I really need to read the deeming regulations.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you guys are saying no vaping products will be available? Damm, I really need to read the deeming regulations.
They go into effect Jun 10th, anything on the market after 2007 they will need to get FDA Approval which is in excess of $1 million to have them even consider it. There is a 2 year grace period for vendors to sell what they have, so in summation. Sept 11th 2009 only thing that can be sold is like the Blu garbage you get in mini marts, which just happens to be Big Tobacco product........

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They go into effect Jun 10th, anything on the market after 2007 they will need to get FDA Approval which is in excess of $1 million to have them even consider it. There is a 2 year grace period for vendors to sell what they have, so in summation. Sept 11th 2009 only thing that can be sold is like the Blu garbage you get in mini marts, which just happens to be Big Tobacco product........
I will have to check out the "other" vaporizers that are being sold for "weight loss" and "other substances".

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone should have a second passport, from a friendly country. In the near future I plan on tearing up my United States passport and renouncing citizenship...I may come and visit once in awhile, but I doubt it.

Personally I've had it with this police-nanny state.
Donald Trump decided against a wall across Canada so you can come here if you don't mind living in an igloo and using dogsleds to move around.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huck sweetie. I read it some things I had to read a few times. I picked it apart. And the one thing that is 100% the FDA does not want the vaping industry around period!

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
Sure is how it feels. Liek they wadded up a piece of gum, chewed it up and spit it out on the highway. Then a truck rolled over it.

Assholes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My wife asked me how long until I get locked up for eliquid trafficking after regs go into effect. Time to remap the old moonshine paths...lol

It's not eliquid. It's massage oils, lip gloss and lube now.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My wife asked me how long until I get locked up for eliquid trafficking after regs go into effect. Time to remap the old moonshine paths...lol

Hmm... maybe I could make a buck re-establishing my granddad's old biz. Way back when, he souped up bootlegger's cars and added things like switches to dim one tail light to make it look like a different car at night, etc. :teehee:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I thought it was August 10?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well something positive, Chinese companies are getting into the fight. Just saw on Reddit Kangar released a statement they're jumping into the fight. What we can hope for and I believe it's viable that litigation will tie this up for some time

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I haven't read through this whole thread, but I had this same thought, and here you go. If it's been mentioned, my bad, late to the party.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/22/v...cig-activists-dealt-blow-after-judges-ruling/

I remember reading that when it happened and thinking now we have a precedent, which may become huge. Just another thread of hope to hang on to.

Agree. I'm debating whether having them ruled "not tobacco" is best or passing the Cole Bill is. Ruling them not tobacco may just force the FDA to create a new category, but come back with nearly the same regs. The Cole Bill would at least allow current products to stand, and make it easier for new products to show equivalence.

What do all of you think?

VU Sponsors