Become a Patron!

What are you stocking up on due to regulations?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you guys are saying no vaping products will be available? Damm, I really need to read the deeming regulations.

In your(and my) case, with naughty coils, we'll be fine for at least two years. They will still be available but we might have to get them via a slow boat from China as US vendors reduce inventory. It's my guess that after two years, those in the know, will still be able to get them via a slow boat from China.Other countries will still allow them so Aspire will still make them. And there will be clones. China vendors will still ship.

I do have a couple RDAs that I don't use cause I've never been bored enough to build, and I have a rebuildable deck for my Naughty because it was cheap and a challenge as it is so tiny but I'm not overly worried about getting Naughty coils. At least, not yet.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In your(and my) case, with naughty coils, we'll be fine for at least two years. They will still be available but we might have to get them via a slow boat from China as US vendors reduce inventory. It's my guess that after two years, those in the know, will still be able to get them via a slow boat from China.Other countries will still allow them so Aspire will still make them. And there will be clones. China vendors will still ship.

I do have a couple RDAs that I don't use cause I've never been bored enough to build, and I have a rebuildable deck for my Naughty because it was cheap and a challenge as it is so tiny but I'm not overly worried about getting Naughty coils. At least, not yet.
I'll probably buy a few more nautilus and some coils and a few more liters of nic. I can't afford to stock up since I'm not working right now.

I have no doubt in my mind that companies such as Njoy will tap the market in the U.S.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, regarding that court decision in New York, my dads a lawyer, and unfortunately it's a situation where federal law trumps state law. However, he did say that in New York, Vape shops potentially could "win" since that precedent has been set on the state level. I feel like this shit is ripe for class action lawsuits. I hope enough opposition will exist that it gets delayed and or changed. I can hope.

I have an HCIGAR VT133 out for delivery now, and 850 ft. Of various wire and gauges on the way, as well as 540ml total of juice shipped today. Deals on authentic mechs I'm gonna jump on, and attys, too. Also batteries. My vendor does bulk pricing so I may go nuts and load up. And I need to get DIY supplies. I'm not short on mods, mech and regulated, at all. Nor attys, and nice ones at that. I'm still gonna hawk eye the sales and get as much as I can get as budget allows.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All these advocacy groups like CAASA need to get together along with vendors, manufacturers and and attack them on a united front. What it's going to take is big money since it's old money behind this. There needs to be media campaigns with known celebrities and John Q Public getting the facts out. Along with exposure of the corruption. We must have the general public behind us, right now the general consensus is this is a good thing.

In the meantime I'm going to continue to stockpile since I'm skeptical that anything good/fair will happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
All these advocacy groups like CAASA need to get together along with vendors, manufacturers and and attack them on a united front. What it's going to take is big money since it's old money behind this. There needs to be media campaigns with known celebrities and John Q Public getting the facts out. Along with exposure of the corruption. We must have the general public behind us, right now the general consensus is this is a good thing.

In the meantime I'm going to continue to stockpile since I'm skeptical that anything good/fair will happen.

We do need that. We have to play their game. We need lobbyists, uniting of advocacy groups, and trade associations. Get some money behind this. Money is all that matters. So pitiful. Our government operates similarly to organized crime.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The situation is that different advocacy groups have different agendas. Casaa is for individual vapers, SFATA is for manufacturers/retailers in the U.S., and China, who has the most to lose, has their own group also. I think a 3 or 4 prong approach will yield results. Hopefully, one wont sell out the other for minor/ self serving gains from the FDA.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The situation is that different advocacy groups have different agendas. Casaa is for individual vapers, SFATA is for manufacturers/retailers in the U.S., and China, who has the most to lose, has their own group also. I think a 3 or 4 prong approach will yield results. Hopefully, one wont sell out the other for minor/ self serving gains from the FDA.
Just watched Grimm Greens YouTube, they've come together finally and putting on a united front.

Very good news

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well something positive, Chinese companies are getting into the fight. Just saw on Reddit Kangar released a statement they're jumping into the fight. What we can hope for and I believe it's viable that litigation will tie this up for some time

All of a sudden I'm cheering for the Chinese,,against America.
Strange daze..

skreiss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am starting to figure out what I am going to get for the great vapeapocalypse. I just kicks smoking and started about 2 1/2 months ago, so this bites. This has become a hobby along with the health benefit.

It is a given DIY for juice. So i figure as it gets closer and if it becomes more of a reality, i will stockpile nic to freeze.
I need to pic up RTA tanks and rebuilding gear. Recommendations on long lasting good tanks?
Then there are the mods. I currently have a istick100 and evic vtc. I am pre-ordering the RX200S. But again, some long lasting mods i imagine would be key here.

Last edited:

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am starting to figure out what I am going to get for the great vapeapocalypse. I just kicks smoking and started about 2 1/2 months ago, so this bites. This has become a hobby along with the health benefit.

It is a given DIY for juice. So i figure as it gets closer and if it becomes more of a reality, i will stockpile nic to freeze.
I need to pic up RTA tanks and rebuilding gear. Recommendations on long lasting good tanks?
Then there are the mods. I currently have a istick100 and evic vtc. I am pre-ordering the RX200S. But again, some long lasting mods i imagine would be key here.
I like kfun. Simple & lots of parts.
Orchid v5 & v6 for dual coils. Parts are interchangeable.
Old school has withstood the test of time..

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ordered gallons of 100mg pg Nicotine as its flying off the shelves! I'm certain the prices will go far above the current $200 avg per gallon as people flock to load up. My supplier ran out by 3pm yesterday! Black market prices will skyrocket too, as will the issues with quality. My nic supply will be only USA made, certified, and readily available for my compatriots in vaping!
I have no clue what hardware to buy, was thinking adjustable pen style and simpler small tanks that can be recoiled. Ideas?

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the nic and the devices will both be driven underground, with us having to go back to the days of sneaking stuff through customs and risking items being seized.
The cuban cigar market went apeshit after the ban, prices are still too high and quality is iffy. Moving the market and reputable growers to Nicarauga and Dominican Republic the industry actually flourished and I see the same for the US vaping market to move operations to friendly over seas markets like the Philipines and China. The actual number of say, cuban products seized in shipping is very low. All customs does to you is send a letter you can ignore and then your supplier will send another one out, no charge, through s different port of entry like NJ.
I can see the china shipping containers of vape gear and liquid now being loaded and labled as flashlights to arrive here by fall!

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nothing. Nic will always be readily available as will flavorings and PG/VG. Loose li-ions and wire can be purchased with relative ease as well.

zdawk

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If anyone asks, yea... that's why I'm splurging on mods... the regulations coming......... It has nothing to do with my "I want that, and that, and that, and that!" personality...It's strictly strategic....... I swear... :bingo:

Craig Mad Bricky

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
a couple of gallons of 100mg nic (and one of those argon gas wine saver kits to help protect the nic), then some more mods. That nic, plus what I already have in the freezer, should last me the rest of my life (if I'm doing my math right). I figure I can always get kanthal, PG, VG, cotton, flavors, etc., though I might get a little more PG and VG for that period when supplies dry up and it becomes a little harder to source.

how does the wine saver work with nic? do you transfer to different containers? thanks, Craig

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We do need that. We have to play their game. We need lobbyists, uniting of advocacy groups, and trade associations. Get some money behind this. Money is all that matters. So pitiful. Our government operates similarly to organized crime.
What, Wait our government IS organized crime.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So far all i've stocked up on is an extra mod besides my daily and back-up. I've got 5 rta's but plan on buying a bunch of clones when i find my fav rta. I grabed a bunch of micro switches to repair mods. Also have 2 liters of 100mg nic in the freezer. I'm going to get extra circuit boards for the mods if they ever fry but after spending another 150$ think ill be set.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Fishman1704

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would think that a smart person would sell nicotine extracted from tomato plants. It couldn't be called a tobacco product then. I would suspect the FDA would then rewrite the wording to read "nicotine" products. Well this would present interesting issues. Now nicotine products would now have to include, what, about 90% of the vegetables that we eat. I don't think it likely that this would go over very well.

What we're seeing is what basically comes down to the FDA now writing laws that we all have to be subject to. The last I checked, I do believe that the Constitution gives the right to enact legislation only and exclusively to the Congress. Let me see..... Oh here -
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_transcript.html
So according to what I'm hearing, no bill was introduced to either house stating the rules the FDA is shoving down our throats, hasn't passed both houses like article one states it must do, hasn't been signed into law by the executive branch, or vetoed and then passed by 2/3's of the house. But due to biases of an entitled aphabet organization chief, we have no choice but to accept this as the law of the land, completely bypassing how the Constitution clearly states how laws need to be passed. I believe that whether you are a vaper or not, this should piss you off. I can understand the FDA mandating policies about underage sales, mandating childproofing on the packaging, but infringing upon the rights of us adult individuals to explore ways to improve our lifestyle and our health is, in my opinion, the FDA grossly overstepping their authority. People need to recognize this for what it is. It's an attack against a grass roots, free enterprise by big business and big government. This is how we should be presenting our argument. Most people already have formed an opinion about vaping making it very difficult to sway them. And a lot of people are very ardently opinionated on both sides of the issue. So instead of trying to get people to understand what we already know about how vaping saved our lives, we should be taking a tact on how government is stepping on us, not just vapers, but on all of us. I don't need government stepping into my life to protect me from myself, especially since I probably just added 15+ years to my life expectancy without them doing anything at all.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
how does the wine saver work with nic? do you transfer to different containers? thanks, Craig
I put my nic in amber glass bottles (because glass won't break down chemically and amber color keeps out light) and in the freezer. If you spray argon into it before capping, it displaces the oxygen. Since argon is heavier than oxygen, it keeps most of the oxygen out while you put the cap on. Especially useful for whichever bottle of nicotine that you are currently using. This is the same thing restaurants do for opened bottles of wine. The theory is that it will help to preserve your nicotine, just as it helps the restaurants keep that partial bottle of wine for the next time a customer orders a glass of that same wine.

This isn't the only option for argon, but what I just recently bought on Amazon was this
81hsEWvjsqL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just adding my $0.02 on this thing... Liquid nicotine has been around for a long time. It is an organic pesticide. Used in farming, long before 2007. So if they try to mess with it, it can be "grandfathered in". I believe the entire farming industry will have our back on this one.
Batteries... With the exception of built in battery mods (ego spinners, nugget, mini volt, etc), they are not " ecig batteries ". They are rechargeable batteries. Used in computers, cell phones, cordless power tools, radio control vehicles, etc. Therefore, they cannot be regulated. But it would be wise if any had a vaping specific name to think about a name change (Subohmcell, etc).
Wire/cotton.... Like batteries above, cannot be regulated. There are many different uses for resistance wire then just vaping alone. Basically any electrical device that supplies heat uses resistance wire. And cotton is so widely used for clothing and health/beauty purposes. And even surgery. Bets of luck, FDA regulating both of these. But just like batteries above, I would recommend companies get rid of any vaping specific branding. (Lightning Vapes wire, Cotton bacon, Elfwick etc)...

In a nutshell, I do not believe these regulations will pass as they currently stand. They are too broad, too vague, and too over reaching. Any company whose products can be used for things other than vaping is simply not going to let this fly.
This thing is far from over, and the war has just begun. It's going to be a long drawn out fight. And I for one am putting my resources into the fight for the moment, rather than worrying about a work around. I'll worry about plan b if I have to. We as vapors need to concentrate on defending plan A. Which is vaping as we know it today.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't always bet on your nicotine being available as easily as it is now. According to Wikipedia, the last registrant for a nicotine pesticide recalled it in 2008, and is not available for sale as a pesticide since 2014. To top it off, if I'm going to vape it, I would at least like its quality and purity to be on the upper end, not a pesticide that has been repurposed..

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You wanna see a whole new level of prohibitions, taxes, and regulations? Then vote for Hillary.

You don't have to worry about that happening. Personally I think they are all criminals, but she is the worst. If she gets into office, it's going to be business as usual or worse. At the expense of the working class. OK shutting up now, I don't want to derail this awesome thread.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't always bet on your nicotine being available as easily as it is now. According to Wikipedia, the last registrant for a nicotine pesticide recalled it in 2008, and is not available for sale as a pesticide since 2014. To top it off, if I'm going to vape it, I would at least like its quality and purity to be on the upper end, not a pesticide that has been repurposed..

Was not aware of that info. In that case I'll be sure to pick up another liter or 2 soon. I just recently cracked a fresh liter from Nicotine River. I'm down to 3mg/ml or less now. And doing the math a liter will last me 2 to 3 years at my current rate of usage. I will eventually wean myself off. Vaping is a means to an end for me, and I don't plan on doing it forever. But I want to slow down on my own terms, not on the terms of some shill sham government puppet organization...

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just adding my $0.02 on this thing... Liquid nicotine has been around for a long time. It is an organic pesticide. Used in farming, long before 2007.

I think you're talking about nicotine sulfate (I think) and products like Black Leaf 40 which are 40% NS. I looked into Black Leaf 40 a couple of years ago and I don't think you can buy it in the US or Canada anymore. After finding that out I didn't pursue the safety aspect of vaping it or trying to modify it for vaping. I believe it's used in products like the patch, but that's on your skin.

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do to threat of upcoming regs. I will be stocking up on beer. I plan to stay drunk in hopes of forgetting how stupid our government is.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
We are talking about the same country, same government, where someone won a multi million dollar lawsuit because Red Bull, in fact, does NOT give you wings. God bless America.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are talking about the same country, same government, where someone won a multi million dollar lawsuit because Red Bull, in fact, does NOT give you wings. God bless America.
I did get $10 from that settlement lmao

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you're talking about nicotine sulfate (I think) and products like Black Leaf 40 which are 40% NS. I looked into Black Leaf 40 a couple of years ago and I don't think you can buy it in the US or Canada anymore. After finding that out I didn't pursue the safety aspect of vaping it or trying to modify it for vaping. I believe it's used in products like the patch, but that's on your skin.

I will have to do more research on agricultural Nicotine. I'll admit that I threw that thought up as an idea without doing a lot of homework on the subject. But my point was that Nicotine in liquid form did exist before the "Grandfather date" so maybe it would be able to go the "substantial equivalency" pathway. If this tyrannical regulation is allowed to come to pass as it stands...

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will have to do more research on agricultural Nicotine. I'll admit that I thew that thought up as an idea without doing a lot of homework on the subject. But my point was that Nicotine in liquid form did exist before the "Grandfather date" so maybe it would be able to go the "substantial equivalency" pathway. If this tyrannical regulation is allowed to come to pass as it stands...

If your looking for pre 2007 nicotine on the market, you might want to look into nicotine base for DIY gum and lozenges. Vapers are not the only folks into DIY. Gum and lozenges have been around much longer and nicotine in a PG base is used, and is sold, for DIY.

I've not had time to look for possible dates.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So far, I've been stocking up on nicotine and hardware. Just spent over $400 on hardware alone :eek:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far, I've been stocking up on nicotine and hardware. Just spent over $400 on hardware alone :eek:
Nice! I had to spend $1200 out of pocket on a root canal/crown last week. My vape budget took a big hit:oops:.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice! I had to spend $1200 out of pocket on a root canal/crown last week. My vape budget took a big hit:oops:.
Ouch! (in more ways than one). I've been working on paying down my credit cards, so thankfully have room on them to stock up. 'Course, the other side of that is that I'm filling the damn things back up, thanks to the FDA :(

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RTA's, glass for tanks, juice, coils for my husband's Nautilus Mini cause I damn sure don't want him to have an excuse to smoke more.

Argh! FDA!! You ridiculous butt munches!! I've finally got him down to less than half a pack a day and you want to take his setup away?? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

If he dies too early because of tobacco can I sue the FDA?

AntDog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
RTA's, glass for tanks, juice, coils for my husband's Nautilus Mini cause I damn sure don't want him to have an excuse to smoke more.

Argh! FDA!! You ridiculous butt munches!! I've finally got him down to less than half a pack a day and you want to take his setup away?? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

You absolutely can, and should.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When the FDA regs hit, most were like

giphy.gif

And some were

giphy.gif

But as time passes, the trend is beginning to be more like

giphy.gif

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There's actually an rba deck out for the Nautilus. I did have the v1 of it and it was pretty much a fail, but the new v2 looks very promising and I ordered 5 from eBay (only place you can get them ATM).

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's my hoarder mail.

66a11c328b19cf8c186b5a4f35b93425.jpg
ad4bce28c555c1a648d036aa3a6d2758.jpg
5d148fc555d6531d8e0be0911e7d242c.jpg

Plus I have a Hohm Slice, 4 Boreas, 50 notch coils, and 2 Merlins on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my hoarder mail.

66a11c328b19cf8c186b5a4f35b93425.jpg
ad4bce28c555c1a648d036aa3a6d2758.jpg
5d148fc555d6531d8e0be0911e7d242c.jpg

Plus I have a Hohm Slice, 4 Boreas, 50 notch coils, and 2 Merlins on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
I've been looking at the Hohm Wrecker G2 for a regulated mod, how you liking it? Also I'd get a few RBA decks for the Crown, I've got two. Two in use and two in with my FDApocolypse kit.

Me I did have a dozen Mech Mod's up to last night until my Mutant V2 got lifted at the nudie bar.. Sucks, but o'well teaches me what "not" to bring out when I'm planning on tearing it up ya know...... Plus side is I found a spot that still had some in stock today, I really like that Mod.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Loving my G2. She's big, she's ugly, and she hits like a Mack truck. Surprisingly light and comfortable. The menu system has a bit of a learning curve to it but once you get it down she's good to go. Very impressed so far.

VU Sponsors