Become a Patron!

What Are Your Favourite Icing/Frosting Combinations

BozVapes

Member For 1 Year
Hi all i looking for some great combinations for a Cake/Cookie style icing sugar, i know there are many
companies do a straight up frosting/icing sugar combination, if any one has any combinations they would
like to share, i did get Cream cheese icing from (LA) and was told it goes very well with meringue to create
a nice frosting, Im looking for something i can add some fruit flavour too..Thank you in advance and i hope
every one is well.

I understand that it will have to be layered into the recipes i use, I love how some juices are not overly sweet
but when it spits you get that nice frosting taste not overly powerful on the inhale very nice and that is what
im trying to recreate

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My favorite buttercream frosting right now is Wonder Flavors Buttercream Frosting at around 2%. Thick, rich and goes well with fruits. :)

And welcome to VU! Hope to see you more in the DIY threads!

BozVapes

Member For 1 Year
How did that work for you?

I like FLV Frosting.
https://store.flavorah.com/concentrated-frosting-flavor
Hi thank you for your input i will get all these flavours on my next batch, I'm Just trying to find as much information as i
can about the Cream Cheese Icing (LA), from what i have read 2.5% is a good happy medium and 1% for the meringue

From what i read & have
researched
===========================
5% is too strong and very very sweet
4% is supposedly too strong and is almost too strong to be a frosting
3% a little less sweet than above.
2.5% is perfect but i have not tested it yet thought i would ask before mixing.

I know i should do a single flavour test but im out of bottles till the end of the week, every thing is steeping, Has any one
any idea if there is a bitter taste at 2.5% my worry was that there was a cheesy taste to it or it would be too heavy too
act as a frosting,Im still learning so please forgive me if any of the above sounds stupid, im just looking for that pleasant
buttery / pastry / frosting that pops on the inhale..I love it when you get that frosting taste on the inhale especially with
a buttery pastry note.

I still want to try and keep all the recipe nice and light a little like buttery flaky pastry..I will order these frosting also
definitely getting my concentrates stocked up thank you for your input guys, i know im going to have to layer it
properly to get what i want from this.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And.....steep. LA CCI is a steeper. Like a couple of weeks. I’ve only used it as a cream cheese icing for say, Red Velvet cake. And it can get cheesy, IMO, if you use it over 2%. But, that’s just me!

I am also curious about your combo......

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Currently redoing my website, it's not open yet.. but this might help

2-8-2019 7-33-03 PM.png

VU Sponsors