Become a Patron!

What battery should i use in my tesla terminator

I have been vaping for 2 years now but i usually use series then i try this tesla terminator i use lg choco but it looses strenght for about 20 mins and dies for about 30 to 40 mins what battery should i use for this semi mechanical and semi variable mod tnx for the help in advance

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
First off welcome to VU. There is a lot of information needed to go through this with you.
1. What kind of RDA/RTA are you using
2. Are the LG Choco batteries you speak of HG2?
3. What kind of ohms are your coils?
4. Have you ever used a mech mod before?
5 Which Tesla Invader?

Show us some pics of what you have going on. Sure would make this discussion a lot easier if we knew what we were working with,

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Exactly the same as any fully mechanical mod, the resistance controls the wattage. So the lower the resistance, the greater the watts to the coil and the shorter the battery run time. Simple solution.. use higher resistance coils.

First off welcome to VU. There is a lot of information needed to go through this with you.
1. What kind of RDA/RTA are you using
2. Are the LG Choco batteries you speak of HG2?
3. What kind of ohms are your coils?
4. Have you ever used a mech mod before?
5 Which Tesla Invader?

Show us some pics of what you have going on. Sure would make this discussion a lot easier if we knew what we were working with,[/QUO
ive been using sob outlaw idont know what kind of lg choco ive been using but ill pic it my ohms are 0.176 and yah i used mech for a month no not tesla invader it is tesla terminator

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
Exactly the same as any fully mechanical mod, the resistance controls the wattage. So the lower the resistance, the greater the watts to the coil and the shorter the battery run time. Simple solution.. use higher resistance coils.
So what build should i use for this mod for cloudchase My build is kanthal .50 26 gauge 3m guide 3loops and what vtc should i use tnx for your help in advance because im planning to go in a cloud chasing competition in our country

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Your build is borderline dangerous. If you were on an unregulated mech you would likely vent those LG HG 2's.

You are building super low on a single 18650 setup. If you want better run time you need to bring the resistance up.

I am personally of the opinion you are presently not in possession of the required knowledge to safely use a mechanical mod.

You should start with ohms law, read about battery safety and go back to a regulated mod until you are in possession of the required skills to not blow yourself up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok so im just gonna say this
. your batteries may be old and dieing or something and they are the issue
the mod is not truly unregulated, it is sensing the coil and adjusting power as needed. So you dont really know what it is doing. but since they say 90w max and 30amp max that to me says it is a regulated VW device not a mech mod. And you should be using 30 amp batteries like the LG HB6
But they will not last long at 1500 mah
so i would go with the VTC5a best bag for your buck overall

look in the manual and see what it says for batteries

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the more i look at this mod the less sense it makes, one site says its unregulated another says it adjusts watts

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
the more i look at this mod the less sense it makes, one site says its unregulated another says it adjusts watts

Its kind of like to Stentorian AT7. It senses the coil, adjust the power and off you go. The problem with this and the OP configuration is it favors the maximum output, instead of what is safe. It does not calculate what battery you have, it takes what it needs to fire based on its own internal calculation. I think it also has low voltage cutout to prevent it from overdrawing which is why the battery life sucks.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
ok, now there you just changed the question. Since your mod is semi-regulated, and you are using decent LG batteries, the browns are ok. Sony VCT5a i believe, would be best. (30A 2000Mah) since for clouds you need power not run time.
Since your mod is capped at 90w and 0.10 ohm a 4 coil set up would be best (called kissing quad) or dual parallel coils.
(2 strands of 24ga kanthal wrapped side by side. *like a twisted coil without the twists*)

Now in all honesty... your mod really isn't going to perform to competition standards. Since cloud depends on surface area of the coil, and more surface requires more power. But there is also technique.. your inhale and exhale to consider.
Using a mechanical mod is an advanced user item. Cloud chasing on a mech is considered to be expert user area and competition builds are generally 0.07-0.09 ohm. (again, out of the opporation limits of your mod). Best bet is a fully regulated 220-230 watt mod for clouds without the high risk of super low builds.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, now there you just changed the question. Since your mod is semi-regulated, and you are using decent LG batteries, the browns are ok. Sony VCT5a i believe, would be best. (30A 2000Mah) since for clouds you need power not run time.
Since your mod is capped at 90w and 0.10 ohm a 4 coil set up would be best (called kissing quad) or dual parallel coils.
(2 strands of 24ga kanthal wrapped side by side. *like a twisted coil without the twists*)

Now in all honesty... your mod really isn't going to perform to competition standards. Since cloud depends on surface area of the coil, and more surface requires more power. But there is also technique.. your inhale and exhale to consider.
Using a mechanical mod is an advanced user item. Cloud chasing on a mech is considered to be expert user area and competition builds are generally 0.07-0.09 ohm. (again, out of the opporation limits of your mod). Best bet is a fully regulated 220-230 watt mod for clouds without the high risk of super low builds.
VTC5A's are 25a, not 30a ;)

Anyway Mooch's recent reviews of the Samsung 20S are 30a @ 2000 mAh and states they are the hardest hitting batteries, beyond the LG's. I myself have just ordered a batch. IMRbatteries have them in stock, I doubt they're going to last long though.

I love my VTC5A's but after reading Mooch's reviews I just had too ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
at .17 ohms a 25 amp battery is fine, but if you plan to go down to .1 you should get a 30 amp battery

VU Sponsors