Become a Patron!

What coil do I use?

NEWBIE HERE
I purchased a SMOK ALIEN 220W . I went into the smoke shop to buy new coils. When I first purchased my unit I was given a coil that said: V Baby - M2. Then when I went back in to buy more I was given a different coil: V8 Baby - Q2 (0.4)
I notice my coils dont last as long (2 days). Taste burnt. Is it the coils, or my settngs?. I do prep my coils.
Settings: 40.0 N W
Volt 3.951
OHMS 0.394
AMPS 0.250

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Do you know what tank came with it? There’s a fair few smok beast tanks out in various forms now

just want to make sure we advise you with the right info Kj

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Differently rated coil tend to use different mod settings... new coil is likely burnt if it tastes burnt.

It a good idea to Start All new coils at reduced wattages.. anyway. Remember OHM only determines wattage in a mech and niether ohm or wattage determines temperature.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Can't see the pic. Does it say anything on the bottom of the tank?

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you had an M2 and Q2 coil for a tank that came with an Alien 220, I'm sure you have a Baby Beast tank.

The M2 coils are for the stick v8, with a baby or big baby tank. Will last on a variable wattage mod, but not as long.

As for the other baby coils, Smok has had some quality control issues lately.

Many coils will fit a Baby Beast. Smok Prince Baby mesh and T12 are ok. Vaporesso GT coils will fit, Eleaf HW, Wotofo Flow, etc. Vaporesso GT mesh is supposed to be very good.

If you prefer to buy local rather than online and the smoke shop has mostly Smok gear, I'd try to find a Prince Baby mesh coil.

VU Sponsors