Become a Patron!

What coils to get for my Smok Skyhook RDTA Box?

kloudsta

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I don't really have the time or experience to build my own coils, so I would like to purchase some pre-built ones. But I don't know what specs to get that will match the factory ones that came with my mod.

If anyone has the Skyhook RDTA Box, and can tell me the exact size, gauge, wraps, material or better yet, can link me to a place that I can order the coils that will perfectly work with my mod like the factory ones.

By the way. I get around 0.270 - 0.283 ohms, using it in dual coil mode. I notice that the coils that it came pre-installed with have 7 wraps... some people have told me its 26/32 gauge clapton coils, but I'm not sure if they are Kanthal, SS, Nickel, or titanium.

I really need some help guys. Thanks.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the coils it comes with are kanthal.
you can use any wire type in it but personally i prefer SS then kanthal.
as far as buying premade ones, tons of one's out there to buy in packs or you can hit up a custom coil builder on here like @b_d_builders

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If as you said "I don't really have the time or experience to build my own coils" why did you get a rebuildble device?

Anyway there are a number of sources out there that sell premade coils

Last edited:

kloudsta

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But what gauge should I get? I need the exact details on which pre-built coils to buy. 26*2/32 gauge claptons with 7 wraps? Will this give me around 0.270ohms? I want to get the same ones that came with the device.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But what gauge should I get? I need the exact details on which pre-built coils to buy. 26*2/32 gauge claptons with 7 wraps? Will this give me around 0.270ohms? I want to get the same ones that came with the device.
Premade coils have the ohms listed on the package

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You want coils in the 0.5-0.6 range. Then by using 2 coils, the resistance will come in at roughly half that, in the 0.25-0.3ohm range.
26 is the gauge of the core(s), and determines the resistance.
32 is the gauge of the wrap, and has a negligible affect on resistance.
A higher gauge(smaller) wrap wire gives a faster ramp-up and more flavor.

Look for a 2x26/36 or 2x26/38. I think you'll notice an improvement.

VU Sponsors