Become a Patron!

What Crazy Coils Can I Make?

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
While experimenting with making my own coil to be named "Da Demonic Ducky" coil (or Triple D for short) I decided to try some other builds. I have 22, 24, 26, 28 Nichrome 80 (Shout out to v rod vapors and lightning vapes for the wire for me to r&d my own coil). Just wondering what kinda coils I can make with it and chuck HUUUUUGE clouds with a flavor overdose at same time. I am pretty much drawing a blank.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
isnt it great when youve got a kickass name but nothing to name it with? lol off topic but it took me a week to name my dog, when i came up with Satie Vae then I knew it was her name!

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
isnt it great when youve got a kickass name but nothing to name it with? lol off topic but it took me a week to name my dog, when i came up with Satie Vae then I knew it was her name!
I actually came up with 2 coils I run I made myself. I call one Devil Duck and the other Demonic Duck. One is a triple helix clapton style, other is a double chained de-cored clapton. They took probably 3,000 feet of wire to perfect but I love em. Matter of fact, I dont even wanna recoil my RDAs because they work so good. I am now toying with Ni200 & making a few tc ones as well

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Need more thinner gauges for better builds but you could pull off some Twisted, Helix, and other types like Stovetops, birdcages. If you tried claptoning with those thick wires it wouldnt fit in many RDA's...Could Twist and Flatten builds also, then Polish them up but if your going for performance you will need thinner wires or stick with Twisted/Parallel Builds.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My TC builds will be in a Derringer and Twisted Messes while my regular builds are in Mutation X V4 and a Mutation XS

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Still using 28g (your highest gauge posted) around anything lower then that would be too much for even for a TM RDA, It may barely fit in the holes but the screws would touch the Top Cap. Also using stuff as thick as 28g as your outer wrap leads to crazy amounts of ramp up time, this is another reason thinner gauges are preferable, there's less of the "heatsink effect" and you can use them in smaller RDA's/RTA's. If you used 2 x 28g as your core and a 40g outer wrap you could easily put that Fused Clapton into a Goblin Mini...Something that normally would fit any type of crazy build..

Invest in a spool of 38g or 40g, its worth every penny if your serious about trying more advanced builds. Kanthal D 40g can be found on ebay for extremely cheap $8/1000ft.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I am using stainless now for my main builds, seems to taste better and just started getting into TC so just using Ni200 28awg at the moment. I got plans to order about $100 worth of Ti wire soon and begin toying with it. My Mutation XS build is 0.30 and my V4 is 0.12 Of course I am running them on a IPV 3 Li V2, noticed that the V4 flavor isnt really good with the cloud build til 73w while the XS with flavor build is good at 25w and up. I will post a vid of how I did the builds as soon as I finally blow a coil or wanna freshen up

VU Sponsors