Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read the HHS release of the new guidance and lamented for the Pod People.
Yea but at least it's a more reasonable approach. The pods are the main issue with the kids, concealment + high nic (don't think they give a fuck about what flavor it is tbh). It does suck for adults who use pods or prefer them. Personally I think they suck, I loathe the whole pod thing from top to bottom and feel they could go fuck off over there someplace. But I get it's easier for some adults, less fiddling, easier to tuck a stick or pod into a suit pocket than an aegis legend with a brunhilde lmao. Then again when most of this b.s. comes up and I find adult in general suffering because of kids, 9x out of 10 I feel the simplest solution is just to ban kids. (shrugs). lol

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I read a good review from pizzadave80 here last night. And I think @f1r3b1rd has one also. So I'm definitely hopeful.
Glad to see you picked one up!
I'm curious to compare thoughts on it.
Personally, its the most practical mod I own...
Lite(pun intended), all day battery, all day juice capacity, and does what it says ir will do.

I dont think it's very attractive mind you, but I don't take it to bed so we're good there.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea but at least it's a more reasonable approach. The pods are the main issue with the kids, concealment + high nic (don't think they give a fuck about what flavor it is tbh). It does suck for adults who use pods or prefer them. Personally I think they suck, I loathe the whole pod thing from top to bottom and feel they could go fuck off over there someplace. But I get it's easier for some adults, less fiddling, easier to tuck a stick or pod into a suit pocket than an aegis legend with a brunhilde lmao. Then again when most of this b.s. comes up and I find adult in general suffering because of kids, 9x out of 10 I feel the simplest solution is just to ban kids. (shrugs). lol
A more favorable approach for 5 months...
or less.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had my keen and new strife play model with @zephyr coils
f507c2884cc94d7e48d808406cc07cd2.jpg
ef0dd19f6b1bf7867fb71a2ffe03ad36.jpg
11fdec430686a52a4109c34ca77d15c2.jpg
95ce0808597f17f98302d00f52a30807.jpg
94797476ba37467315a16e64e55fdb88.jpg
e246bc604fb3ae0b9752c27972ae098a.jpg
1a1d696b863a729bb579559e9ce555c8.jpg
67fd8192b4ce0e7dcce072cc47144d79.jpg
b06df40c58a53c085c302a0a046c6706.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you! Unfortunately it has cinnamon... I’m highly allergic

Oh no! Oh I had no idea, I'm so sorry.

I thought I'd read of you vaping bubble gum flavors before, so you might want to be aware that they probably do have cinnamon in them.

What I did that's vape related so far: ordered just a few flavors from BCF and another 240ml bottle of nic from LNW.

Squid Industries Squad AIO, RBA version, is supposed to be in my mailbox this afternoon. Yay, can't wait!

Last edited:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh no! Oh I had no idea, I'm so sorry.

I thought I'd read of you vaping bubble gum flavors before, so you might want to be aware that they probably do have cinnamon in them.

What I did that's vape related so far: ordered just a few flavors from BCF and another 240ml bottle of nic from LNW.

Squid Industries Squad AIO, RBA version, is supposed to be in my mailbox this afternoon. Yay, can't wait!
It’s ok you didn’t know! And I’ll definitely make sure to check them all first!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I reread the vaping regulation, panic ordered a bunch of wire, sent out a package to @jcash74 , mixed up a bunch of single flavor testers, checked out a few experimental mixes and watched Noted(jams).

On the way to see Star Wars, so I’m sure nothing else will get done.....

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tip: scrub with a toothbrush and dish soap...pulse at 30 watts...watch them color...but yes...wont stay after getting hot spots out...pic purposes
db41d4885ebb1f8418634eb994dd600e.jpg
e04b9ff90fc2411649a5df866bbed8d2.jpg
5455b62cb06c261bbb2b524504d723d5.jpg
f12bf0565f17ba891127db8baab26d03.jpg
29c651a95def1b3585a05bbd9b840f38.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room
Yea I've had them color, just not as pretty as yours. And yea it's sad it's only temporary. Plus you have a much nicer camera than I do, as fuzzy as this is that's about as 'macro' as I can get with a cheap cell camera. :p

new coils 4-30.jpg

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I got a text and email that my order for the Aegis Legend from 8 Vape is out for delivery. Strange thing is I also did a second order the day I ordered the Legend and it still shows as paid and unfulfilled. I know they are busy with all the sales and will wait until next week to see if anything changes or I'll just cancel the order and let my credit card know about the billing. Also got an email from Nic River that my liter of nicotine has shipped.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got a text and email that my order for the Aegis Legend from 8 Vape is out for delivery. Strange thing is I also did a second order the day I ordered the Legend and it still shows as paid and unfulfilled. I know they are busy with all the sales and will wait until next week to see if anything changes or I'll just cancel the order and let my credit card know about the billing. Also got an email from Nic River that my liter of nicotine has shipped.

I can just about guarantee you that if you e-mail them about cancelling the order, it will be shipped the next day and you won't hear a peep from Eightvape. They've done that to me twice now. Pissed me off good both times. If their prices hadn't been just obscenely good, I wouldn't have ordered from them again after the first time they did it.

What I've done that was vape related: Last night got my hands on the Squid Squad AIO. I was over the moon until I went to take the RTA tank apart to build it and the glass fell off in my hand when I unscrewed the base. Not broken, understand, but there's no way you'd be able to work on the coil while there is juice in the tank. I hate that. HATE it. But I built the RTA anyway, juiced it up and went to vaping. Got watts to 25, DRY HIT. Bumped it down to 22, semi-dry hit. Bumped it down to 20, ok, vaped for about 10 minutes, DRY HIT. Put the thing down and went to bed.

This morning, watts at 17.5, vaped for about 10 minutes, you guessed it. So here we go, trying to get this fucking tank apart without getting juice all over myself and everything around me, managed to get part of it back into the bottle it came from, and the rest was on my hands and the outside of the tank. After sopping up two tissues full of juice, got the tank apart, thinned the wicks and put everything back together. Put maybe 3/4 of a ml of juice in the tank and I'm going easy now to see if it's going to dry hit again. At 17.5, so far, so good. If this doesn't dry hit, I'll inch it up some, because I think flavor is going to be best at about 22 watts.

Wicking these tiny tanks and RBAs is a whole different thing from the building I've been doing up till now. Have to get it through my head that less is more.

Except for the way the tank is made, build quality on the Squad is really, really good. Flavor is good on the tank when it's wicking like it should. Battery is draining slowly, looks like battery life will be more than adequate. Draw is quite a restricted DL with airflow about halfway open. When I first fired it up and it was drawing right, with air open all the way, I clouded up the living room with about five hits. Good vapor production.

I should note that this tank has a fill port on the top that is covered by a silicone flap with a plug in it. For normal vaping and filling, the tank construction shouldn't be much of an issue, it's just a pet peeve of mine and IS an issue when you're first trying to get the build right.

Also built the latest Elder Dragon with a staged N80 coil that came out to 0.26 ohms. Going to save this RDA to use on a gunmetal Athena squonker.

ETA: After I ordered the Squad unit the other day I learned that the regular tank can use Aspire-BVC-compatible coils, like the iJoy Mercury and the Artery Pal series. This may mean the Artery RBA would fit in it. Would be a good alternative for someone wanting a tigher MTL draw on this device.

Also have been pondering the possibility, now that there are other coils and RBAs for it, of pulling out one of my Aspire Vivi Novas (the glass-lined version). Might be interesting. Those iJoy 1.0 ohm mesh coils are pretty darn good.

Last edited:

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I can just about guarantee you that if you e-mail them about cancelling the order, it will be shipped the next day and you won't hear a peep from Eightvape. They've done that to me twice now. Pissed me off good both times. If their prices hadn't been just obscenely good, I wouldn't have ordered from them again after the first time they did it.

Interesting. I've done a bunch of orders with them and never had this happen before. When you say email them, do you mean that I need to log into my account there and cancel the order? There is a link on there to do that. I don't really want to cancel it, I want what I ordered to ship. If that would get it to ship, I will do that.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Interesting. I've done a bunch of orders with them and never had this happen before. When you say email them, do you mean that I need to log into my account there and cancel the order? There is a link on there to do that. I don't really want to cancel it, I want what I ordered to ship. If that would get it to ship, I will do that.

If you don't mind waiting, I'd just wait, unless it gets absolutely ridiculous and you don't care if they do cancel the order. I was to that point when I e-mailed them.

I clicked the link to Edit/Cancel my order, and it told me that the order was already "processing" and couldn't be cancelled online. I believe the address I emailed was [email protected]. Include the order number, of course.

As sure as I tell you for sure that they'll ship if you tell them to cancel, they won't, and you'll end up not getting stuff that you really do want. Don't want that to happen to you.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just give them a chance to catch up. I placed 5 different orders with them a little over a week ago.
I received my 4th order today with only 1 more to go and it shows it just hit the Vegas PO. And it's actually the 2nd order i made that i'm waiting on.
So they didn't ship them in sequence.
I've dealt with these folks for 2 years and never had a problem. Just have to give them a little time as i'm sure it's chaos in that shipping Dept.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cleaned a few more attys, charged some batteries, a few more SFTs, mixed HC&C with the new TFA Vanilla custard II, mixed a few other experiments and ordered 2 flavors from VSO....red raspberry and pumpkin....looking for that perfect pumpkin. Nothing has worked for me. I have high hopes.....

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I made two orders with them, and only the second one is listed as shipped. I don’t want to open a ticket yet, but it’s kinda strange since the first order was placed on 11/28.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i am still waiting on my everzon order, 4 weeks now :cuss2:. and idk if it even shipped.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Just give them a chance to catch up. I placed 5 different orders with them a little over a week ago.
I received my 4th order today with only 1 more to go and it shows it just hit the Vegas PO. And it's actually the 2nd order i made that i'm waiting on.
So they didn't ship them in sequence.
I've dealt with these folks for 2 years and never had a problem. Just have to give them a little time as i'm sure it's chaos in that shipping Dept.

Yeah I will give them a bit more time. I've never had any issues with them either thus far. It's only a juice order that was a buy one get one that I want to try. I really hope they ship it before I decide if I should cancel the order or not.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I will give them a bit more time. I've never had any issues with them either thus far. It's only a juice order that was a buy one get one that I want to try. I really hope they ship it before I decide if I should cancel the order or not.

Ironically I just checked my mail, and I got something from them saying that my first order was shipped!
I stocked up on a few Freemax tanks and coils. So I ended up with four boxes of coils and two tanks for @$35. Considering that I bought 12 boxes of coils at @$10 each from Element, it was a good deal!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, after my little mod crisis. I was browsing around and saw this ad..... Seriously????

Okay, NO, I do not want to Feelm Inside. Screw that, at my age I don't even want to know he's "there" What in the hell were they thinking when they thought of a name for this device LOL

seriously.png

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, after my little mod crisis. I was browsing around and saw this ad..... Seriously????

Okay, NO, I do not want to Feelm Inside. Screw that, at my age I don't even want to know he's "there" What in the hell were they thinking when they thought of a name for this device LOL

View attachment 152842
Well, I hope he's bigger than that Deb!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You FEELMe bro? lol.

Not too much vape related, stalked the river supply order. Not that I'm that impatient but after recent orders and people saying it's taken forever for them to get out I was curious. Not too bad, placed the order on Jan 1st (no one there). They created the shipping label the 2nd, usps accepted it the 3rd. Arrived at the main mail depot in my state this morning. Supposed to be here Tues, if they get it to my local PO early enough I may see it Monday. If it hits Monday closer to mid morning or afternoon then it'll be Tues. Not bad considering the holiday craze and the sale. Last time they dicked my order up several times so interesting to see how this pans out. lol.

Tried to help offer some suggestions to someone on reddit. Got called an asshole for suggesting they use only a few of the 12 diy juice flavors they listed instead of trying to use all 12. So told them to fuck off then. This is after they complained they couldn't post in the diy juice subreddit and had been shadow banned. I said gee, big surprise, then got accused and told to go back to ECF. lmfao. Told them no clue, never been part of ECF. Suggested they get therapy. Had a vape, had a laugh. Still feel I gave them solid advice. :giggle:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You FEELMe bro? lol.

Not too much vape related, stalked the river supply order. Not that I'm that impatient but after recent orders and people saying it's taken forever for them to get out I was curious. Not too bad, placed the order on Jan 1st (no one there). They created the shipping label the 2nd, usps accepted it the 3rd. Arrived at the main mail depot in my state this morning. Supposed to be here Tues, if they get it to my local PO early enough I may see it Monday. If it hits Monday closer to mid morning or afternoon then it'll be Tues. Not bad considering the holiday craze and the sale. Last time they dicked my order up several times so interesting to see how this pans out. lol.

Tried to help offer some suggestions to someone on reddit. Got called an asshole for suggesting they use only a few of the 12 diy juice flavors they listed instead of trying to use all 12. So told them to fuck off then. This is after they complained they couldn't post in the diy juice subreddit and had been shadow banned. I said gee, big surprise, then got accused and told to go back to ECF. lmfao. Told them no clue, never been part of ECF. Suggested they get therapy. Had a vape, had a laugh. Still feel I gave them solid advice. :giggle:
Ya Reddit is toxicity. Good of you to try and help. F'm

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cleaned and wicked my QP Kali clone and noticed the top cap is full of cracks... it's literally crumbling in my hand... I'm quite gentle with this and always keep it clean and out of harm's way. Good thing I have another top cap for it as this is one of my favorite rdas at the moment.
6b1b13f31b9eaeea55df10fd12669236.jpg
4d67932c80174b27b2dceb85d7696421.jpg
f0eeafde819669cb90b5a84b40664701.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors