Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cleaned and wicked my QP Kali clone and noticed the top cap is full of cracks... it's literally crumbling in my hand... I'm quite gentle with this and always keep it clean and out of harm's way. Good thing I have another top cap for it as this is one of my favorite rdas at the moment.
6b1b13f31b9eaeea55df10fd12669236.jpg
4d67932c80174b27b2dceb85d7696421.jpg
f0eeafde819669cb90b5a84b40664701.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Juice maybe? Citric vapes used to crack plastic tanks back in the day

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juice maybe? Citric vapes used to crack plastic tanks back in the day
Not sure. 99.9% of what I vape is diy from wildgypsy. Menthol mixed berries.
Like I said tho, I try to keep it clean and dry. Im always wiping everything down.
It's a bummer. But, it came with a second top cap/ afc. I liked the chuff style cap, but oh well.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure. 99.9% of what I vape is diy from wildgypsy. Menthol mixed berries.
Like I said tho, I try to keep it clean and dry. Im always wiping everything down.
It's a bummer. But, it came with a second top cap/ afc. I liked the chuff style cap, but oh well.

If it is caused by juice, menthol is probably the culprit. Menthol can definitely crack poly tanks. Also mint, cinnamon, citrus.

If you can, check where you bought the clone from. See if that cap is polycarbonate or some other plastic that is not actual ultem.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it is caused by juice, menthol is probably the culprit. Menthol can definitely crack poly tanks. Also mint, cinnamon, citrus.

If you can, check where you bought the clone from. See if that cap is polycarbonate or some other plastic that is not actual ultem.
Not sure where it was bought, it was gifted to me from a member here. Thats why I'm bummed... gifts to me are more valuable than if I were to buy it myself. If that makes any sense lol.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

i have 2 Kali clones, same top cap. i would bet $100 they are plastic. and i am not a betting man.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not sure where it was bought, it was gifted to me from a member here. Thats why I'm bummed... gifts to me are more valuable than if I were to buy it myself. If that makes any sense lol.

Aw, that is a shame. Sometimes shit just happens, though. Live and learn, and all that. :hug:

Sitting here the other day I realized that I had put bubble gum juice in my iJoy Mercury that has some kind of a plastic tank in it. That juice had been in the tank for a week or more. It wasn't damaged (yet), but I daresay if I'd kept it in there for long, I'd have seen cracks in the tank and would have had to replace it or toss the mod. It's an AIO, and there is no using it without that particular model of tank.

Bubble gum has almost ALL of the tank crackers in it - mint, cinnamon, AND citrus. And I knew good and well that the tank wasn't glass when I put that juice in it. Just didn't think, because I've been using pyrex tanks and metal RDAs for so long.

So maybe this is also a word to the wise for folks who use AIOs and pod systems, too. Be careful what flavors you put in proprietary, non-glass and non-metal tanks!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, after my little mod crisis. I was browsing around and saw this ad..... Seriously????

Okay, NO, I do not want to Feelm Inside. Screw that, at my age I don't even want to know he's "there" What in the hell were they thinking when they thought of a name for this device LOL

View attachment 152842
:giggle::giggle::giggle:One of the worst names ever:giggle::giggle::giggle:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Blueberry, Sweet Currant, Forest Fruit, WS-23....no citrus. Is WS-23 a tank cracker? Maybe, eh. Currant has some twang.....maybe??

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Blueberry, Sweet Currant, Forest Fruit, WS-23....no citrus. Is WS-23 a tank cracker? Maybe, eh. Currant has some twang.....maybe??

Oh, so it is not menthol? Don't know about cooling agents without menthol. Google, here I come.

There is a flavors warning list on ELR that contains a good many of the tank cracking flavors.

None of the flavors you listed are on it. Even Koolada isn't on it. So now it's a mystery.

ETA: Hold the phone. There are some blueberry flavors on the list. TFA Blueberry and Blueberry Candy, and LA Blueberry specifically, plus some muffins, waffles, crumbles.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Waited a full month for my FA Joker mix to steep. Tried it today. Well that was a let down.
:blech:
I forget which it is, I think it's Joker.. my bad it's pazzo's one shots joker and FA metaphor. No damn clue what to do with them, they smell kinda funky. Got them as freebies when nic river screwed my order up last time around. So there they sit. lol

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cleaned and wicked my QP Kali clone and noticed the top cap is full of cracks... it's literally crumbling in my hand... I'm quite gentle with this and always keep it clean and out of harm's way. Good thing I have another top cap for it as this is one of my favorite rdas at the moment.
6b1b13f31b9eaeea55df10fd12669236.jpg
4d67932c80174b27b2dceb85d7696421.jpg
f0eeafde819669cb90b5a84b40664701.jpg

You mentioned it's a clone, not knocking clones. However I wonder if they're using a lower grade pei rather than true ultem and if the heat isn't just getting to it. The way it's weakened near the airflow and cracks moving evenly up almost like heat stress. Not necessarily from the juice or heat of the vapor but from the rda itself heat soaking the pei cap.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mentioned it's a clone, not knocking clones. However I wonder if they're using a lower grade pei rather than true ultem and if the heat isn't just getting to it. The way it's weakened near the airflow and cracks moving evenly up almost like heat stress. Not necessarily from the juice or heat of the vapor but from the rda itself heat soaking the pei cap.
The heat was my thought as well. It doesn't seem to get all that hot when using, but the inner temp of that top cap above and around the coils is probably much hotter than the outer barrel that you can actually touch and feel while using.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

i had thought the same thing. i was advised to move my coils more in, that is what i am going to do.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I forget which it is, I think it's Joker.. my bad it's pazzo's one shots joker and FA metaphor. No damn clue what to do with them, they smell kinda funky. Got them as freebies when nic river screwed my order up last time around. So there they sit. lol
Yeah, Pazzo one shots.
Jack is really good at @3 to 4% with things.
King is good @5% Both those go great with FA marshmallow @5%.
Ace is good but needs a few week steep.
Joker is a fail I reckon all I get is a yuck custard taste. Never tried metaphor.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Boo you hate Joker? If yes then add my Boo to the list as well. :D
Oh no, never tried that. I meant I hate when you let something sit a whole month and then anxiously get it to finally try it and it's garbage. That sucks

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I'm sorry, yes gifts from others are special. I hope you can get a replacement top. I know, not the same but you do still have part of the gift :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, so it is not menthol? Don't know about cooling agents without menthol. Google, here I come.

There is a flavors warning list on ELR that contains a good many of the tank cracking flavors.

None of the flavors you listed are on it. Even Koolada isn't on it. So now it's a mystery.

ETA: Hold the phone. There are some blueberry flavors on the list. TFA Blueberry and Blueberry Candy, and LA Blueberry specifically, plus some muffins, waffles, crumbles.
Interesting.....blueberry? Really? Huh. I would have never guessed.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Found a cute design on the newspaper, cut it to size and put it on my battery and then put the clear battery wrap over it :) Too fun!

EDIT: Merging into one post and put lotion on so my fingers didn't look so icky, no one wants to see flaky skin like that. HA HA. Much better now

IMG_20200106_174935209.jpg IMG_20200106_174950493.jpg IMG_20200106_175009639.jpg

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Deb! Cute idea!

I used a squonk refill bottle for the first time. Had to watch a video. I am not going to wrestle with the bottle in this Luna if I don't have to!

Refill bottle worked just fine. Thank goodness! No mess!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Vape related though - going old school

Stripped down two REO Grands and they are chugging along like champs, also rewicked 5 atties while at it

You guys got me reflecting on gift vape gear, it is special

The Dvarw clone was a gift from Mr Meowgi :)

And both REOs were gifts - Pinky was my very first mod - I think Mr J forgot it was my birthday five years ago, and he stuffed $200 in a card and said get yourself something, lol...The other was from a member who quit vaping and graciously sent me his stash as a surprise a couple of years ago :)

The rest I had to buy myself, lol

Vape related.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vape related though - going old school

Stripped down two REO Grands and they are chugging along like champs, also rewicked 5 atties while at it

You guys got me reflecting on gift vape gear, it is special

The Dvarw clone was a gift from Mr Meowgi :)

And both REOs were gifts - Pinky was my very first mod - I think Mr J forgot it was my birthday five years ago, and he stuffed $200 in a card and said get yourself something, lol...The other was from a member who quit vaping and graciously sent me his stash as a surprise a couple of years ago :)

The rest I had to buy myself, lol

View attachment 152998
Beautiful. I need to get out my daughter's REO and show it. Gawd awful colors lol but hey I bet some will think it's cool. :)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Came by Vaping Underground to say hi to everyone after being away for a while dealing with some unexpected problems. Hope everyone is doing well, had a happy new year, Christmas and all is well kicking off 2020. About through my stuff and looking forward to being around more.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Came by Vaping Underground to say hi to everyone after being away for a while dealing with some unexpected problems. Hope everyone is doing well, had a happy new year, Christmas and all is well kicking off 2020. About through my stuff and looking forward to being around more.
Oh!!! so happy to see you honey and I am glad you're almost done! Happy New Year to you too!! :hug:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yay!!!!! I’m so excited to see you!:blowkiss:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Hope all will be well soon for you, look forward to your being back here more often. We're saving your spot! :)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today, I also filed a claim with paypal due to 3Fvape and never getting my item. Twice now, they say for me to wait when it has been over 30 days. There has been no movement at all from the tracking number they gave me. I asked for my money back and they tell me they can't refund me?? Like hell they can't. yep. I'm done with them. :) I'm on a roll. Hooray for the holidays. lol

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today, I also filed a claim with paypal due to 3Fvape and never getting my item. Twice now, they say for me to wait when it has been over 30 days. There has been no movement at all from the tracking number they gave me. I asked for my money back and they tell me they can't refund me?? Like hell they can't. yep. I'm done with them. :) I'm on a roll. Hooray for the holidays. lol
Hooray? That sucks. I’m sorry you’re having issues. I wish I could help!:hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

So glad that you dropped by today. Hope things get better soon. And really hope this is a good year for you!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Welcome back buddy!
You've been missed :)

Hope everything is working out for you.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

guess what. i don't think its 3F. my orders from both FT and everzon = same exact thing = tracking is fucked up.
30 days everzon, 1 week FT. "technically" i would not call them "late", cause we aall know about the slow boat.
i wonder if peopl not ordering vape shit are having this problem ?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
but i know someone here got something basically on time, very recently.

Maybe the Chinese are reorganizing their businesses since the US threatened them with trade bans or whatever it was.

I haven’t seen any low prices on Chinese sites, though. A lot of stuff I’ve seen was full msrp.

Who knows what’s going on!!

VU Sponsors