Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'all quit talking shit 'bout my two Detonators and six Voopoo mods and a Voopoo RDA and three Voopoo tanks.

The Detonators haven't blown up even once, and the Voopoos have not poo'd on anything yet.

I will be sure to let you know if either of those things happen.
Detonators that do not explode? Sounds defective :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is your adapter for 810 to 510 or just for your tight draw side ways DTs?

Um... I have no earthly idea what an "810" is.

It's just this:

angledadapter.jpg
It keeps the hot spats of ejuice off my lips and tongue (mostly, if the coil is well-behaved), which is a real concern, for some reason, when you vape at low wattage. Occasionally a coil will pitch a tantrum and DEMAND to be replaced, if it starts spitting juice at me with every draw, but that's not terribly common. The only way to remedy that is to make a new coil; even rewicking won't fix a bratty coil.

I also like how it keeps the driptip at such an accessible position. Someone told me that makes my vape look like some robot thing in Dr. Who, but i have no clue, never watched that show. That was in response to my posting this "matchy matchy" catalog of my various colors:

matchymatchymods.jpg

Andria

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Um... I have no earthly idea what an "810" is.

It's just this:

View attachment 155896
It keeps the hot spats of ejuice off my lips and tongue (mostly, if the coil is well-behaved), which is a real concern, for some reason, when you vape at low wattage. Occasionally a coil will pitch a tantrum and DEMAND to be replaced, if it starts spitting juice at me with every draw, but that's not terribly common. The only way to remedy that is to make a new coil; even rewicking won't fix a bratty coil.

I also like how it keeps the driptip at such an accessible position. Someone told me that makes my vape look like some robot thing in Dr. Who, but i have no clue, never watched that show. That was in response to my posting this "matchy matchy" catalog of my various colors:

View attachment 155897

Andria
Dr Who!? Can't see that in them.
They all just look like the fell off the shelf to me and landed on the tips.
:facepalm: I've done it again haven't I!?

810's
images (4).jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dr Who!? Can't see that in them.
They all just look like the fell off the shelf to me and landed on the tips.
:facepalm: I've done it again haven't I!?

810's
View attachment 155903

This thing:
dalek.jpg

Which apparently is called a "dalek." Not exact, but I guess I can see the resemblance.

Those 810s are absolutely opposite to what I like in a driptip -- my Mings, and the "Michelle" I ordered from AHD, are 3/4" - 1" long, and very slender inside (4-6mm), to help provide the tightest possible draw. You can call it "trying to suck a golfball thru a garden hose" if you like, but that's what smoking felt like to me, and without that kind of hard suction on my vape, I'm not satisfied -- a loose airy draw reminds me of the straws I cut to cigarette-length back when I tried to quit smoking, pre-vaping -- just nothing there. I never huffed my cigarettes, so there is zero reason to huff my vape.

Andria

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This thing:
View attachment 155935

Which apparently is called a "dalek." Not exact, but I guess I can see the resemblance.

Those 810s are absolutely opposite to what I like in a driptip -- my Mings, and the "Michelle" I ordered from AHD, are 3/4" - 1" long, and very slender inside (4-6mm), to help provide the tightest possible draw. You can call it "trying to suck a golfball thru a garden hose" if you like, but that's what smoking felt like to me, and without that kind of hard suction on my vape, I'm not satisfied -- a loose airy draw reminds me of the straws I cut to cigarette-length back when I tried to quit smoking, pre-vaping -- just nothing there. I never huffed my cigarettes, so there is zero reason to huff my vape.

Andria
Ah, ok, kind of see it with those things on its robot head.
I thought they'd referenced his sonic screwdriver. Very weird show Dr Who. The modern ones sort of ok, take it or leave it, but the early ones were ridiculous. Like really "oh no, a dalek is coming after me what will I do to escape this thing on shopping cart wheels with 1 inch ground clearance and a top speed of 2 kph!?" :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought they'd referenced his sonic screwdriver. Very weird show Dr Who. The modern ones sort of ok, take it or leave it, but the early ones were ridiculous. Like really "oh no, a dalek is coming after me what will I do to escape this thing on shopping cart wheels with 1 inch ground clearance and a top speed of 2 kph!?" :giggle:

but they have deadly plumbers helpers! And besides it is in the script.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Placed a Bull City order, placed an order fro a mod and RDA from jwill, and now I'm screaming and cussing because I can't complete the order for the vicious ant! Even though I just used pay pal twice for purchases using the same payment method and even though there is plenty of money in the account the MF'ing transaction won't go through. SHIIIIITTTT!!!!! I've been drooling over this mod for months and now that the money is there it wont let me buy it! Freaking pissed

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Placed a Bull City order, placed an order fro a mod and RDA from jwill, and now I'm screaming and cussing because I can't complete the order for the vicious ant! Even though I just used pay pal twice for purchases using the same payment method and even though there is plenty of money in the account the MF'ing transaction won't go through. SHIIIIITTTT!!!!! I've been drooling over this mod for months and now that the money is there it wont let me buy it! Freaking pissed

Did your bank pull one of those lovely switches where they decided there was "abnormal activity" on your account? If their systems detect that, they'll shut you down in a heartbeat. Usually just takes a phone call to resolve it. I hope it's nothing more than that.

Let us know how it works out, if you have a chance.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did your bank pull one of those lovely switches where they decided there was "abnormal activity" on your account? If their systems detect that, they'll shut you down in a heartbeat. Usually just takes a phone call to resolve it. I hope it's nothing more than that.

I just tried another credit card that's not linked to the same bank and get the same message. I'm fucking pissed. I guess this is the vape gods saying I'm not meant to have the vicious ant

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

With the way they seal juice bottles lately, you could use a sonic screwdriver to open them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just tried another credit card that's not linked to the same bank and get the same message. I'm fucking pissed. I guess this is the vape gods saying I'm not meant to have the vicious ant

If I'm not mistaken, on Paypal's site there's a place where you can elect to have them call you. The times I've used that in the past, they have called within just a few minutes. Maybe it's time to talk to them? I'll see if I can find a link.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck it! The problem seems to be on the vicious ant side and not Pay Pal. How do I know this? So, I went back to the drawing board and went to Signature Tips. Before deciding to get the VA I'd planned on getting another SQ217 as I wish I had not sold mine and the price is the almost the same. Payment went right through. No fuss no muss.

It has got to be the Vape Gods telling me that I don't really need a Vicious Ant

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I'm not mistaken, on Paypal's site there's a place where you can elect to have them call you. The times I've used that in the past, they have called within just a few minutes. Maybe it's time to talk to them? I'll see if I can find a link.
I tried that and the online "robot chat". Said the wait time was "several hours".

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Fuck it! The problem seems to be on the vicious ant side and not Pay Pal. How do I know this? So, I went back to the drawing board and went to Signature Tips. Before deciding to get the VA I'd planned on getting another SQ217 as I wish I had not sold mine and the price is the almost the same. Payment went right through. No fuss no muss.

It has got to be the Vape Gods telling me that I don't really need a Vicious Ant

Well I'm glad you found out it isn't your account. Can't say I wouldn't be seriously pissed, too, if I were you.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm glad you found out it isn't your account. Can't say I wouldn't be seriously pissed, too, if I were you.
I am but it seems VA is doing just fine without my money. This is likely my last real vape purchase before vaping dooms day.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Last night after supper, I put a wick in the OBS Crius rta that @SnapDragon NY sent me. It already had a coil in it, so it was a quick endeavor. I dig it!!! I've never used a bottom air flow rta before and it doesn't leak. Just need to get used to the side fill lol. Works perfect!!! Put in some of The One Lemon Crumble and enjoyed. Now I'm having a menage a trois with 2 wotofo serpent smm's and a OBS Crius. Once I finish these bottles of juice, I'll get the OBS Ace atty with the rba going as well as the Kayfun Lite rta that @dubya314 sent me up and running. The coils for those 2 are tiny little bastards...:D

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last night after supper, I put a wick in the OBS Crius rta that @SnapDragon NY sent me. It already had a coil in it, so it was a quick endeavor. I dig it!!! I've never used a bottom air flow rta before and it doesn't leak. Just need to get used to the side fill lol. Works perfect!!! Put in some of The One Lemon Crumble and enjoyed. Now I'm having a menage a trois with 2 wotofo serpent smm's and a OBS Crius. Once I finish these bottles of juice, I'll get the OBS Ace atty with the rba going as well as the Kayfun Lite rta that @dubya314 sent me up and running. The coils for those 2 are tiny little bastards...:D
Tiny yes, but flavorful and rewarding :) Did you try out the RH yet? If you have any trouble with either, send me a PM, I can walk you through it if you'd like :)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah, i confess. i need you around to keep me in line ;). oh wait, i'm up to no good ever when your around, or, especially when your around :teehee:

but really, i am checking all avenues to find a few mods i want. that lead me to that othe rplace. while there, i saw a very nice lady and offered her some advice.

So you’re going over to the other side and being helpful!! What am I going to do with you? Don’t answer! :giggle:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

:ejuice::cloud:<3

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So you’re going over to the other side and being helpful!!

What am I going to do with you? Don’t answer! :giggle:

yeah, i'm kinda desperate, well no, not really. but ya never know will you will find something. i will be get one today in da mail.

well, ummm, yeah, ummm :p

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i understand that you will get it pretty quick. but these days, who knows. have your can of lysol handy.

I got a Tesla about a month or so ago and I still haven’t all the way opened it. It’s in the opened box with a plastic thing still over the mod.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah, i'm kinda desperate, well no, not really. but ya never know will you will find something. i will be get one today in da mail.

well, ummm, yeah, ummm :p

Ouch!! Waiting is perhaps good for the soul or something?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I got a Tesla about a month or so ago and I still haven’t all the way opened it. It’s in the opened box with a plastic thing still over the mod.

VA ships DHL iirc. once they have it in their hands, it moves fast.

you should open it and try it to see if it works. if you don't and its defective, you will have gone past the warranty.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started the day out mixing up 120ml of some of that nana cream clone and 120ml of a lighter strawberry cream (one of diy or die's recipes). Also was due for a coil cleaning, so cleaned up and fresh wick along with a cup off coffee. Took a bit rolling out of bed and right into cleaning/mixing but overall a good start to the day.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Luxotic MF squonk kit came in today (a day early) so I was pretty stoked to find it in the mailbox after work. I promptly grabbed a mixer and went upstairs to mix a toddy and check it out.

Earlier in the week, I put the BF pin in one of my o-atties (I have 2) in anticipation of the new squonker. Building the o-atty was exponentially easier this time around. I think the 3 variables were-- 1: I had a couple of days to re-adjust to dealing with wire and tiny screws, 2: I just put a single 24g .4 ohm 3mm 8 wrap round wire (SS) build in it as opposed to putting a stiff fused clapton in it and 3: I was at the start of my first adult beverage as opposed to the end of a 3rd. It's friday. Don't judge me for pouring a drink at 4:15pm. Lol

That being said, it was still awkward because one of the damned cats, Little Bit, is quite needy so he'd continually jump on the table and position himself between my face and the atty. Since I don't have a spray bottle upstairs in my hobby room (he's deathly afraid of it), all I could do was continually put him back down on the floor. He did this over and over because he's clearly not as smart as the other cat (his brother, Fatty).

Anywho, I put an old regular resin 510 drip tip on the o-atty and it vapes like a dream at 30 watts. The squonking action is quite nice with the included bottle and the fit/finish seems to be pretty nice. I am impressed for no more than it cost as I only gave about $15ish and some change shipped from MFS.

I am currently using the adapter for an 18650 but I like the mod enough that I may have to invest in a couple of 21700s so I guess I'm off to stalk Mooch's page to find out what I should order. I never thought I'd see the day I'd be looking to purchase higher capacity batteries to use in a $15 mod with an expensive atty on top but I'm not complaining.

I actually had a picture or two I was going to include in the post but when I went to upload them after typing out this post once already, Little Bit decided to jump on top of my tower and stand on the power button thus hard resetting my linux box. Damned cat. Lol

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Farking VISA did that to my VISA card back in December when I tried to buy my 2nd sewing machine -- not even very expensive, $145! I could NOT figure out why it kept failing, I even called Walmart to see what the hell was going on, and the nice lady mentioned it; I checked my BofA acct where I have online access to my VISA, and sure as hell, they had blocked it! Stupid FUCKERS!!! So I had to wait 24 hrs to try it again. :headbang:

Andria

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After the fiasco with Vicious Ant not wanting my money I decided to go back to my original tax refund plan and get another SQ 217.

Later in the day I stopped at Jwill's place to pick up the Half Moon Mod SQNKR and Kali v2 RDA I'd bought from him. Was also finally able to give him the RDA he'd bought from me a little while ago. Had a nice visit. Got to play with the puppies. Sadly I had to get to work so I had to cut the visit short. Was good to see him again.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I have a quandary. Does anyone know where I might find some skins/wraqps for a Sigelei Minibook? I've looked at Mightyskinz, I've looked at Jwraps, and nobody seems to offer skins for Minibooks. AARGHHH! I just ordered 2 white Minibooks from Blackoutvapors, because they seem to be the only place that has them, and they had them for $24.99, and with all this recent bullshit about GA maybe enacting a ban on online sales of vape products, I figured i'd better get 'em while I can. But I really want to wrap them! But I can't find any wraps for them! AAARGHHHH!!!

I looked one place, they offered wraps for something called a "Sigelei 75w" and it looked VERY much like the Minibook... but then I thought about the Minibook's very unique battery door, and thought that might pose a problem. Any suggestions, anyone???

Help!
Andria

VU Sponsors