What did you do today that is vape related?

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by CJ-3, Jan 14, 2017.

1. DrVapenstein

DrVapenstein Bronze Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    yeah I just find it easier to make a bunch of 240ml bottles once I have 6 or more empties as opposed to making just a couple bottles at a time

Rhianne, nadalama and The Cromwell like this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I use 120's but same principle.

Rhianne and nadalama like this.
  3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    15 min start to finish including cleanup to mix 3 120 ml bottles of juice.

Rhianne likes this.
  4. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Did any of you get any of get any of those Keys Stacked RTAs from MFS? They were only like five bucks.

I set one up today with 26ga SS round wire. I made both coils 6 wraps around a 3mm jig. Vaping away at 45W and I'm impressed. I can take pretty long drags no problem (wicking like a champion) and the flavor is really good. These have the widest chimney I've ever seen on a RTA. Looking down from the top looks like some of my RDAs.

I got three of them, awesome deal for a really good RTA.

nadalama, gadget! and Rhianne like this.
  5. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    And you’re not too shabby as an enabler yourself. You got me thinking about breaking out my Cut again, and emptying that juice out of the bottle!!

nadalama likes this.
  6. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    What flavors did you use? Vanilla Custard is my main mix. But I also use it as a base for adding other flavors.

Just Frank likes this.
  7. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I had to read that twice!! Lol

8. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    The good ole days when Evods were the most. :teehee:

9. DrVapenstein

DrVapenstein Bronze Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    just cap vc v2 and tfa dulce de leche

Rhianne likes this.
  10. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’m still in shock that people were on the beaches like that! What the hell were they thinking?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 4:17 AM
    Ryedan and nadalama like this.
  11. ~Don~

~Don~ Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Cleaned these two today... the grip was a bit dingy looking so took some Flitz to it.

[​IMG]

Overlord was a simple wipe the bevel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carambrda, Smigo, gadget! and 5 others like this.
  12. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    I’m using Kings Custard one shots, but the Cap VC is good too. I’ve mixed Crom’s Custard, but I liked it with a bit of LB Vanilla Cream Tobacco. Yep, I like tobacco!

DrVapenstein, The Cromwell and ~Don~ like this.
  13. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Beautiful! I love the one on the right, gorgeous.

~Don~ likes this.
  14. ~Don~

~Don~ Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks... that is the God Mod Russia Overlord I got from jwill last year... picture doesn't do the mod justice... looks black, but it isn't... Candy Gray ;)

Guess you can tell its not black next to the Black Grip :Derp:

Rhianne and nadalama like this.
  15. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    We all have to do our part. I try, Lord knows I do. :teehee:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  16. bikerboogieman

bikerboogieman Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:

Thanks for the tip, I'll do that...:cheers:

nadalama and Rhianne like this.
  17. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I usually never mix with custards. I just got TFA VC V2 though. I mixed it with V1 and both TFA Straw, and Ripe. It tastes pretty good but can get better.

nadalama and Rhianne like this.
  18. Smigo

Smigo Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Takes me 15 minutes to decide and pick which flavours I want to use. :giggle:
    I mixed up 4 x 100 mls today and tried a Mango Berry mix that had been steeping away for a month. Am happy with how it turned out.
    I think at a rough guess I spent an hour making them. I dont mind though taking my time.

nadalama, The Cromwell and Rhianne like this.
  19. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I vaped, mixed a bottle of e-Liquid and searched for my MOD most of the day because I kept losing the freaking thing~! Entertainment on the cheap? LMFAO :vino:

Rhianne, ccrules and Vape Fan like this.
  20. AndriaD

AndriaD It's NOT freaking BUBONIC PLAGUE! VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just got this in email from Vaperstek:

First and foremost, we hope that you and your family are all healthy and well. We understand that the daily cascade of information surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) is leaving a lot of us drenched in uncertainty. We wanted take a moment to give you an update on our current business status, and remind you that we will continue to adapt to this unfolding situation to best provide you with the top quality products and services you've come to expect from Vapers Tek.

Social Distancing? Order Online!

Public health experts and epidemiologists are unanimous in promoting social distancing as our most effective weapon as individuals to keep overall infection rates as low as possible, and to prevent overwhelming our already stressed health care system. We encourage this practice to all our customers, and are currently offering Free Shipping on orders over $75.
    Our full line of custom premium e-liquids is just the tip of the vape supply iceberg we offer online at:
    www.vaperstek.com

That being said, our brick and mortar stores in both Grove and Miami will remain open unless one or more of the following events occur:
    1. We are required to temporarily close by a federal, state, or municipal government proclamation.
    2. Our staff or local community has been exposed to the point where we feel as if the members of our team and our customers health and/or safety is in jeopardy.

In the event we do have to close our physical stores, we will continue to ship online orders unless there is a full stoppage of all transportation delivery systems.

Due to an increase in order volume, as well as larger-than-usual individual order size, we do ask for your patience with placing online orders. We understand the need for all our customers to stock up in the event of a prolonged period of quarantine, non-shipments, and/or national carrier shutdowns. Know that we at Vapers Tek are diligently committed to ensuring all of our customers are taken care of in as timely a manner as we are physically capable of providing. We have always, and will continue to put our customers first.

Thank you

---

So, VT is apparently operating, but due to higher than usual volume, they might take a little longer than usual to fill orders. And of course, the "open" status could always change.

Andria

21. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Maybe I could mix that with TFA RY4 Double. I’ve never tried the TFA VC (either version). I think you’re the first one I’ve heard of that uses it.

Just Frank likes this.
  22. AndriaD

AndriaD It's NOT freaking BUBONIC PLAGUE! VU Donator Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Got the blue minibook today, that @shawn.hoefer had for sale... I am IN LOVE with it!!!

bluemod.jpg

It's a much nicer color than I thought it would be; I thought it was kind of a sickly cyan color, but it's actually like a deep sky blue. Yes, already checking AHD's site for a nice custom tip for it. because I don't have anything that matches it. Already got the approval from the mate, but I'm gonna wait till Wednesday when we get his SocSec direct deposit and I make a big payment on my Visa. It's either going to be "Precious Blue" or "Blue Topaz Water." Can't quite decide between those.

Andria

ETA: So, I now have 7 Minibooks... black, red, 4 white, and the blue. That's one more than my 6 CF IVs, some of which are showing their age.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Ryedan, nadalama, ccrules and 6 others like this.
  23. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    When I did my vanilla custard shoot out, I liked TFAs the best. I tested the ones I had solo (about 5 or 6 of them). CAP V1 was too rich for my liking but that's been one of the most popular custard flavors for years.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    nadalama, Rhianne and The Cromwell like this.
  24. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Best stuff evah! just my personal opinion. Tried some of the V2 stuff and hated it tested of bile to me.

I only use 4 ml of the V1 in 120 ml.

Rhianne and MrMeowgi like this.
  25. ccrules

ccrules Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    That is so cool! Have never seen or heard of them before.

nadalama and shawn.hoefer like this.
  26. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Really? They've been around for a WHILE, they're only 40w mods, which is why, when you can find them -- it's gotten kinda difficult! -- they're very inexpensive. But BlackoutVapors still has some white ones -- I just got a couple of white ones from them a couple weeks ago, and they seem to be a solid company, though that's the first business I've done with them. https://blackoutvapors.com/product/sigelei-mini-book-40w-tc/?attribute_color=White

They're by far my most-fave mods EVER! I love those nifty battery doors, and they also are the most efficient battery-users I've ever had; all my mods are single-battery mods, and a 30Q lasts longer in the Minibooks than in ANY other mod.

Andria

nadalama, Rhianne and ccrules like this.
  27. Pastorfuzz

Pastorfuzz Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just ordered a shitload of flavors from BCF and Gremlins.
    Traded off my Purple Wake mod.

28. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Trying to weather the storm. VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  29. bx10r

bx10r Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I made cake..lol[​IMG]

Sent from a very cloudy room

gadget!, Smigo, MrMeowgi and 2 others like this.
  30. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Trying to weather the storm. VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    OMG. I took out the liter of Kentucky Bourbon Cusdart and filled up 2 120s. When I was done I licked my fingers of a few drops. I got a strong buzz. The juice is 18mg! I believe my intention was to mix it with the 12mg Vanilla Bourbon Custard since Vaping Watch was out of 30 and 120ml of the Kentucky. There's no way I would vape that straight.

So, now if one of you kind vapers would help me calculate now much 18mg to use when cutting the Vanilla, that would be wonderful. I'm at 12mg. Perhaps cut it in half? I ordered way too much Vanilla 120s.

Rhianne likes this.
  31. Smigo

Smigo Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I ordered one of these Zeus tanks in Gunmetal grey and some coils today from a shop here. Im expecting them to take longer than usual to arrive. I wanted the Gunmetal one and it was amongst the last I could find here. Looking forward to getting it.
    images (20).jpeg

32. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Hey @nadalama , I figured this one out-
    IMG_20200324_195711.jpg

I guess I wasn't looking that hard the first time because this was hiding in plain site. Anybody that still uses a Smok TF-RTA can go ahead and throw a (standard) Prince tank bubble glass on it. I remeber you commented that I could find it and I did!

nadalama likes this.
  33. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    You're like the Sherlock Holmes of tanks! :teehee:

Rhianne and Just Frank like this.
  34. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    If you mix equal amounts of 18mg and 12mg, you wind up with 15mg. It averages.

Andria

Rhianne likes this.
  35. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm. I'll try that for a kick bottle. I really want to be able to enjoy the Kentucky so I'll try a bit less than half, too.

Thank you very much, Andria. I hope this finds you well and in good spirits (as best as good spirits can go right now).

AndriaD likes this.
  36. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Yes, we're all well here -- hope you and yours are, too! But this insanity is definitely not helping my lifelong anxiety problems. We just emerged from a horrendous recession, and although things are much better now, I hate to think what all this insanity is going to do not just to the economy, but to our entire modern way of life. I stay home pretty much all the time just by choice -- but knowing how many places are closed now, or only running short hours... it's giving me a slight case of cabin fever. Hopefully all this "shelter in place" stuff, plus oncoming spring and warmer weather, will get us over this in short order, at least to the point where the widespread paranoia and panic ease up.

Andria

Rhianne and gadget! like this.
  37. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    I'm glad to hear that you're okay albeit feeling the effects of what this situation is doing to you. Frankly I'm in the same shape you are, ailments and all.
    I don't know if you've been to the Daily Chick-In Thread, but it's a great way to relieve yourself of frustration and get support. It's time for me to check-in today.

I put a nice build on my Kylin Mini last night and put a dropper full of the Kentucky in the tank. It was just right. But I forgot to pressurize the tank. :rolleyes:

38. brandon david

brandon david Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well, my preferred 810 drip tips came in to the office as expected Saturday (which I got Monday-- that essential life, ya'll) but my 5ml glass was delayed until yesterday. Once it came in late morning, I wasted no time scampering off and swapping things out and now am back to my ideal RTA setup having a 5ml tank with dripper flavor and the drip tip I like. It works just as well as I remember and I am thoroughly pleased. :)

Steam Crave just nailed it with the aromamizer plus v1. I am interested in the v2 but cannot justify the purchase with as good as the v1 is. If a newbie to building on the hobbiest side of things is thinking about picking one up and wants to tune your vape in to your personal tastes, I don't mind doing a pictorial build and wick tutorial on this guy. I hadn't built one in over a year and it was (almost) like riding a bicycle. It was that easy and I don't mind helping you figure it out. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    MrMeowgi, Ms. Trixy and Rhianne like this.
  39. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    I really like your drip tip, Brandon. I have a couple that shape but they're for my Cleitos. Where did you get it? Is it press-fit? Is it a 510???

Rhianne likes this.
  40. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    On another note, I've been racking my brain trying to find Nautilus BVC coils for my incoming Nautilus Minis. I thought I had a boatload, but they're BDC.
    It's okay for the Davide Glassomizer I have, but I can't find CE5s, Vivi Novas or similar anywhere. I'm setting up to vape nic salts from these tanks.

Also, I can't find Wake Bigfoot tank coils or the newer DotMod'ish Wake RTA in gold. Apparently they didn't make one in purple for the purple mod.
    I did find out that they take Sigelei M coils which I'm also unable to find, or they're $20 a box. I'm looking for those specifically because I can use the gold cage over it for show. Not that I get out that often to show it off. :(

I can't believe how many coils are sold out! :gaah::cuss2:

ccrules likes this.
  41. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Drat I just trashed a bunch of vivi nova stuff last year.
    along with a bunch of Kanger clearos and coils.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  42. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Dry burned and rewicked the three set ups that make up my current rotation

That is about all I did today besides vape and play on the computer

43. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, Crom. I do it to myself. Hey, after a certain amount of time if I don't think I'll use something I'll get rid of it. THEN comes the time I need/want it.

I did find Nautilus coils specifically for SNic. 1.80Ω BVC NS - $13.95. And I found the compatible Sigelei MS coils for the Wake Tank. I also found a RTA for the Wake mod. AND I finally found a 4mm coil rod built into the handle of a SS vape brush. That $4.95 puts me over $100 for free shipping.

I have so many BDC coils. I know the Davide Glassomizer will take them, which I have up for sale, but I can't find anything else to put them in. Everything is sold. Oh, and like you, I'm home and in front of my PC all day. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I'm ranting. I just want these windows closed.

Good for you, Lucy! You may not feel productive, but you sure feel deserving relaxation.

gadget!, The Cromwell and Rhianne like this.
  44. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    The iJoy Mercury AIO and the Artery Pal 2 can use those BDC coils. Last time I looked, VapeNW still had the Mercury for $6.99. It's a steal for that price, but is definitely MTL. Solid, though, nice quality. Also tiny.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Rhianne likes this.
  45. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    I see what you mean about the Mercury. Nice AIO. And I don't need to buy pods. Considering I just went through 23 boxes Aspire coils. I was pleased to find 11 boxes of BVC 1.8Ω coils! Yay! I'm not going to waste BDC coils. I could attempt to sell them, but I'm sure they'll just sit.

I like the Mercury enough to get one or 2 at that price. I'm trying to go MTL for nic salts. But still do my usual subbing. I have a Nautilus Mini coming from Dub. Maybe one from Vash. I can keep a Mercury at bedside and one for the purse or in the kitchen. I don't do vooping (lol).

Thank you, Nada!

Rhianne likes this.
  46. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    @nadalama I was about to check out with 2 Mercurys and decided to look at the coils. How can you tell they are BDC?

47. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Most conclusively because I've been vaping a Mercury coil in an Aspire Vivi Nova. Just vaped it again two days ago. But I've also read on various websites that the coils are interchangeable. I first ran across it while reviewing the list of devices a Hippovape RBA would fit, which also includes the Aspire Spryte (which uses the non-Nautilus BVC coil).

The BDC and (non-Nautilus) BVC Aspire coils were also interchangeable. I know that from years of personal use. The actual coil structures are different, but the coil housings fit the same devices.

ccrules and Ms. Trixy like this.
  48. brandon david

brandon david Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    It is a no name 810 with an o-ring. The only place I could find them is fasttech so I got a 5 pack of various colors. I may get another pack in case they are discontinued.

Edit: https://www.fasttech.com/p/6792109

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rhianne and Ms. Trixy like this.
  49. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I'm waiting on delivery of three drip tips from Angel's. I'm so excited about these. One 510, kind of a vase shape in an abalone resin, and then two 810s, one a standard shape (variegated pastels) and one tapered (white, dark blue, yellow). The vase-shaped 510 is what appears to me to be the closest shape Rhonda carries to the tower shape of the Siam drip tips. That's what I was aiming for.

Probably will be the last order I place for DTs for a while. Sad, cause I really love 'em. I'm glad I got these when I did (as in, before the shit hit the fan).

Anyway, they're supposed to be delivered today!

50. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    I'm still undecided between two of her materials, for a tip to go with my new blue minibook.

Opinions, anyone?

bluechoices.jpg

Andria

gadget!, Rhianne and nadalama like this.