Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Rebuilt my Crystal ball after messing up my goon. Wobbly post so I kept getting "no atomizer". Sometime this week I'll take it apart and figure out if it can be fixed. In the meantime, the old crystal ball is treating me just right!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Made a half liter of my ADV today. Been enjoying VDW's for the last few days finally. It's been a long road getting here. The pooch is pooped and I'm a happy camper
yes3.gif
So happy for you both! :)

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to straightening out the Alien Wire I built the other day...ended up with 30 good coils out of 34 lengths I made. Started unpacking my box of vaping stuff in my new apartment and ran across a Frankenskull Squonk Box I completely forgot about and have never used because I didn’t have an atty with a squonker pin, but remembered the Dead Rabbit RDA I recently got had one...so, now I’m experiencing Squonking for the first time!

How do you like squonking so far?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought myself an early b'day present, Therion 166. Thanks gadget! Was even the gray ostrich I wanted to order. :D
I've found some ostrich pelt on eBay I'm going to get. I'm envious of the skins on y'all's mod. I've gotta get some skins for my Vt Inbox. And if I can figure out how I'll put it on the carbon fiber portion of the wraith mod.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I already have purple and gray ostrich for the 133, now I'll have leather and black elephant as well. Positive gray will stay on 166 and 133 will be switched up here and there.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was checking for good deals on a new mod.. my mouse has decided to start acting up (left button phantom clicks), so my online search sort of veered from mods to mice. I'd like to hold off until black friday/cyber monday roll around but may not last that long. Seems the ~$50 I was planning for a mod is going to be diverted and change mah plans.

May need to wrap a new coil here in the next day or two. This one's seeming to need cleaned more and more often and flavor's dropping off a little quicker. Can't complain, it's gone 3mo of daily vaping so it's had a good run. Due for something fresh.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you like squonking so far?

In the sense of the mod being tiny and easy to carry in a pocket at work along with not having to drip every few hits, it’s great. The only issue I’ve run across that is a bit of an annoyance and I’m sure there is either a fix for it or it’s just because it’s just a small cheap Clone is that once the little squonk bottle gets to about half full, no matter how hard I squeeze it, the liquid doesn’t travel up all the way. I see it going up the tube in the bottle to the bottom of the squonk pin, but barely any (if any at all) actually comes out and into the juice well of the RDA. When I fill it back up, it easily pushes the liquid into the juice well again.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the sense of the mod being tiny and easy to carry in a pocket at work along with not having to drip every few hits, it’s great. The only issue I’ve run across that is a bit of an annoyance and I’m sure there is either a fix for it or it’s just because it’s just a small cheap Clone is that once the little squonk bottle gets to about half full, no matter how hard I squeeze it, the liquid doesn’t travel up all the way. I see it going up the tube in the bottle to the bottom of the squonk pin, but barely any (if any at all) actually comes out and into the juice well of the RDA. When I fill it back up, it easily pushes the liquid into the juice well again.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!
Put some thread tape around the top of the bottle where the cap goes on. That may help. Had to do it to my boxer clone bottle. Soft silicones are pretty cheap too.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put some thread tape around the top of the bottle where the cap goes on. That may help. Had to do it to my boxer clone bottle. Soft silicones are pretty cheap too.

Thanks for the tip, I think I’ve got some plumbers tape at the house that I’ll try when I’m off work. Now I just have the mystery of how in the hell did the RDA unscrew itself completely from the mod in my front jeans pocket, lol. Went to break, reached in the pocket, pulled out the mod to find it RDA-less, and not just the cap...the entire thing managed to unscrew itself and come off.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the tip, I think I’ve got some plumbers tape at the house that I’ll try when I’m off work. Now I just have the mystery of how in the hell did the RDA unscrew itself completely from the mod in my front jeans pocket, lol. Went to break, reached in the pocket, pulled out the mod to find it RDA-less, and not just the cap...the entire thing managed to unscrew itself and come off.

Hmm.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I’m misunderstanding where he is saying to put it. I thought he meant on the threads of the bottle where the cap goes on the squonk bottle
2522c0f2404cf6e091e7ece733bc1330.jpg

Yep on the bottle. Not the outside.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting to replace some kanthal with stainless.
2cdfebd05bdf94f5fdf5d1535a308797.jpg

How’s that Kanthal-to-Stainless conversion going? Are you able to notice much difference in taste or just the difference due to the lower resistance? I went from kanthal to Nichrome 80 to Stainless, so, it was less of a difference for me going to Stainless...I’m back working with Nichrome 80 mostly now, but still enjoy using Stainless at times, typically in core wires in fused Claptons and Aliens.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How’s that Kanthal-to-Stainless conversion going? Are you able to notice much difference in taste or just the difference due to the lower resistance? I went from kanthal to Nichrome 80 to Stainless, so, it was less of a difference for me going to Stainless...I’m back working with Nichrome 80 mostly now, but still enjoy using Stainless at times, typically in core wires in fused Claptons and Aliens.

Actually going well. With two of my squonks I'm using the stainless in Tc. So that's going well for sure. The flavor is better for sure. As for just wattage mode I'm using a parallel on my boxer mod at a .22 ohm and it's nice. Has a little better flavor but the juice I'm running right now is better warmer. But now I built a single wire coil on my smpl and it's just not warm enough at .43 so kinda hit and miss still a little.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only issue I’ve run across that is a bit of an annoyance and I’m sure there is either a fix for it or it’s just because it’s just a small cheap Clone is that once the little squonk bottle gets to about half full, no matter how hard I squeeze it, the liquid doesn’t travel up all the way. I see it going up the tube in the bottle to the bottom of the squonk pin, but barely any (if any at all) actually comes out and into the juice well of the RDA. When I fill it back up, it easily pushes the liquid into the juice well again.

Great advice from @Wtmke1. You've got an air leak in the bottle/cap/tubing/510 connector/or atty to 510 seal and that's an easy place to check first. Or it could be the bottle is cracked slightly just under the threads which always happened to me with my Reo after months of using a bottle. Keep in mind though, as the juice level drops and you have more air in the bottle you'll find you have to squonk a bit harder, but it souldn't be that much more.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Prollay have to rewick the RBA in a Subtank Mini in another week or so. Usually lasts 3-4 weeks. I only put a tank or so a day thru it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great advice from @Wtmke1. You've got an air leak in the bottle/cap/tubing/510 connector/or atty to 510 seal and that's an easy place to check first. Or it could be the bottle is cracked slightly just under the threads which always happened to me with my Reo after months of using a bottle. Keep in mind though, as the juice level drops and you have more air in the bottle you'll find you have to squonk a bit harder, but it souldn't be that much more.
Thanks. I tell my wife I'm right 8 out of 10 times but I think I'm full of shit most times. I just get lucky with her. Ha ha

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Finally got around to finding my PTFE tape and ran a couple of wraps around the bottle threads (and it was wide enough that it actually covered the opening) poked the tube down through the part I accidentally covered with the tape and it’s got a perfect seal and barely takes a small squeeze to flood the juice well even when half full as opposed to squeezing the bottle enough to where each side was touching and not having any juice come out. Thanks for the tip!

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tell my wife I'm right 8 out of 10 times

I tried that with my wife too. She never did buy it
facepalm.gif

Cleaned and rewicked my pair of Rose tanks today. Next time they both get new coils too.

Got a Silverplay tank coming in the mail and had a look at all the neat options for modding these things. This could be fun :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vape related activities, starting with yesterday's good paycheck... thinking about xmas vapegifts for my son. Anyone heard of or know anything about Central Vapors? They have a good price on something I'd like to order for my son. Also -- will the Black Friday/Monday sales be in time to receive stuff meant as xmas gifts?

Andria

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Vape related activities, starting with yesterday's good paycheck... thinking about xmas vapegifts for my son. Anyone heard of or know anything about Central Vapors? They have a good price on something I'd like to order for my son. Also -- will the Black Friday/Monday sales be in time to receive stuff meant as xmas gifts?

Andria
I have purchased from them (3 times) and never had an issue, shipping was pretty fast as well.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I premix PG/VG but only syringe for small test batches.
for my std 120 ml batches I just syringe the flavoring, nic and then fill with my PG/VG mix from a ketchup dispenser to the shoulder on the 120 ml bottle.
Not down to the ml precise but works fine.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Once I'm ready to make larger batches I will absolutely be mixing by weight. What a pita testers are. Won't be so bad down the road, but I want to taste the fruits as singles. Unfortunately I like a lot of fruits. lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to start ordering vape gear for my son's xmas; he has expressed an interest in the TFV12, but I told him I wasn't sure he would like it, because he likes MtL vaping, though quite an airy version of that, but I wonder if the TFV12 can be vaped MtL at all. FT has a clone of it for $12.06, so i thought I might order that, and see if he likes it at all, before spending more on an authentic -- do any of y'all know if FT's clone of it is any good?

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm about to start ordering vape gear for my son's xmas; he has expressed an interest in the TFV12, but I told him I wasn't sure he would like it, because he likes MtL vaping, though quite an airy version of that, but I wonder if the TFV12 can be vaped MtL at all. FT has a clone of it for $12.06, so i thought I might order that, and see if he likes it at all, before spending more on an authentic -- do any of y'all know if FT's clone of it is any good?

Andria
He won't be able to get even close to mtl with that tank. You need the af to keep from burning up the coil/wick.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He won't be able to get even close to mtl with that tank. You need the af to keep from burning up the coil/wick.

Hmm ok, thx; that was kinda what I thought too, but you know guys, you can't tell 'em anything. :D Maybe that new Siren would suit him better; although it would be much too airy for me, he might actually like it, since he likes an airy MtL type of vape. He likes the SubTank Mini a great deal.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Might get him the smok big baby beast full kit with rba included. You can dial it in to restricted lung hit. RBA is good. He could do tc with rba.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
The BBB is a fine tank, but doesn't really do mtl. Could just be because I use stock coils though. I need to look into that deck in the future.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might get him the smok big baby beast full kit with rba included. You can dial it in to restricted lung hit. RBA is good. He could do tc with rba.

He mentioned that one too, but I keep reading that the flavor from the baby beast is disappointing. He did the TC thing at first, but has decided that he either doesn't care for SS, or that maybe SS/TC is a bit more advanced than he can really deal with, he's such a noob. :D He gets a lot of hotspots with SS coils, and seems to do better with kanthal, so he's been sticking with that. I expect his coil building skills will mature apace, and maybe he'll give the TC thing another try at some future time; he's got a Revenger, which he really likes.

He's tried the "stock" coils that go in the STM, but really prefers the RBA deck; he vapes a wide range of PG/VG ratios, so the RBA deck gives him more flexibility.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
@AndriaD If he doesn't care for stock coils why not get him a rta? Sounds like he just wants something he blow a few clouds with on occasion or dtl for lung satisfaction.

VU Sponsors