Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1ihxec.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watching videos and studying this g-class. Damn new age. Ha ha. Gotta change the working screen. Too floral for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit took me about 2 hours to figure out how to set the clock on my New Cuboid Tap! You know I figured out how to fire it 1st so I could vape while screwing with it!
That's always first. Tc was wonky so put it in wattage until I could figure it out. Ha ha

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always though TC being a bit wonky was the best one could get?
Hopefully not for a high end mod like this. Feels high end for me anyways. Ha ha but you're right most times.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's always first. Tc was wonky so put it in wattage until I could figure it out. Ha ha

With TC Mode I had it working as soon as I stopped listening to what people were telling me how it works and set it for the correct metal in my coils. After that learning experience what some veterans or gurus suggest I take with a pound of salt and do it my way.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
What an I doing wrong?
These coils read 0.09 on the ohm meter.

Edit: the wire is supposed to be SS I wrapped it 3 mm 5/6 wraps.

de25582d897f659695bd60883c4ee515.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What an I doing wrong?

de25582d897f659695bd60883c4ee515.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Are they SS?

Prolly about right you essentially have 4 5 wrap ss coils in parallel.
I do not know the core witre guage but use Steam engine to see what one single wire coil of that ga and dimension would be and divide by 4.
Not exact by any means but a ball park kind of thing.

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What an I doing wrong?

Edit: the wire is supposed to be SS I wrapped it 3 mm 5/6 wraps.
What gauge SS wires are you using?

Prolly about right you essentially have 4 5 wrap ss coils in parallel.
I do not know the core witre guage but use Steam engine to see what one single wire coil of that ga and dimension would be and divide by 4.
Not exact by any means but a ball park kind of thing.
Actually, you can use SE to spec out almost any coil configuration. Take a look at the Wire Wizard section and you'll see what I mean.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
What gauge SS wires are you using?

Actually, you can use SE to spec out almost any coil configuration. Take a look at the Wire Wizard section and you'll see what I mean.
Thanks, I will check out Steam Engine

The wire is Vandy Vape SS Fused Clapton Wire SS316L
It says: 24ga*2 (=) +32ga0.61ohm / ft

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Based on the Wire Wizard, you should be right around 0.08Ω, but that can vary depending on leg length, tightness of wrap, how close to 3.0mm the inside really is, etc. So, 0.09Ω is right about where it's supposed to be.

4SmVh4P.jpg

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my vape related day. My Valentine's gifts from my wife today. Digging this pulse kit. Going to take some getting used to when building on this postless deck, this is a first for me. First attempt went good, just took a bit longer than with my other attys.
20b306897a391d04fe9b425c63d40d53.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
My husband asked me last night, if I wanted to do anything for vday. I thought he meant going out for dinner or anything, and I felt already guilty because I needed to work. So I said, sorry babe gotta work. He looks at me and pulls out two receipts listing 60 flavors, and answers you're right you'll have to work, because I'm out of my 3 juices and I want some creme vapes too. I think my face was priceless lol, that's why I love him, he isn't like other spouses that get mad over vape purchases, in fact I need to watch him sometimes or shit like that happens lol. Can't wait for Saturday tho, I'll try to post a pic when it arrives.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sent my brother a starter kit (Jac Vapour Series 22), spare coils, tons of different juices a couple of days ago. Today followed up with 2 hours skype video session "how to use all this shit and never smoke again". He won't be able to say that he doesn't like the taste. Too many different juices, one has to be okay. He can't argue it's too complicated either. He's got two options: Quit smoking and vape cheaply, or get his arse kicked. :kickbutt:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Window shopped at the Floris website. Thinking of making my own squonk in a few weeks. Gotta get all the parts together. Anyone know where I could find some silver contacts not on Facebook.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tracking on my shapeways stuff. Button for TD mod out for delivery. Just need the door next week or so I hope.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I do that every day multiple times and have multiple MOD's at the ready in case I get lazy and do not want to fill one~![/QUOTE]I have a couple of mods I fill up weekly.... That's my average consumption.... About 240ml weekly......
a58506794ba1e5500f374f68d718f054.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Changes 510 pins on the new out of the box ijoy captain elite because the one that was in it was too short to make contact with the deck. Disappointed in the QC department to see the least.
75c37ef2665cd6c9df1558f4eb653f19.jpg
c201f87ce97319d9826e188e3cfe13c6.jpg

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered some ribbon wire from temco. Try some staple coils out.

Edit: I bought one of those Cherry wood diy 20700 squonk kits but going to order a modmaker 510 and different contacts but for now trying to decide either dyeing it or stain. Not sure. Got a week to figure it out I guess. If this goes well I may end up getting a dual 18650 kit as well

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Needed" a new RDA so while my son was fund raising for his boy scout troop I wandered into the vape shop that happened to be next door and wandered out with a Druga. Later in the day I wandered into another vape shop because I "needed" another squonk mod and wandered out with an iJoy Capo squonk kit. I mist say I'm digging the RDA that comes with the mod. Reminds me of the Mad Dog I had but retired because it didn't have a squonk pin.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Re wicked my pulse and cleaned the coils. Tastes better now. Also rebuilt my wife's fireluke, was time for some new coils and wicks. SS316l, 3mm i.d. 6/7 wrap. Hits really good at about 45 watts.

Added - Just went and picked up 2 more 25r 18650s. Local B&M was having a sale, i wanted more but i was too late, they only had 2 left.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I Vaped a lot while window shopping for a new PA for the band. And I settled on this one after much research. I have a friend and fellow musician who has the same one. He swears by it and has a lot more powered from it than we will. I know this isn't vape related but I'm just so stoked. Any other musicians might enjoy it as well. Again I Vaped A LOT while researching and begging my wife not to kill me.
050a0f11ae8d4d7d7d785a3b725927e1.jpg

VU Sponsors