Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got vapemail.
5th Merlin and some drip tips.

K, next question. What style Merlin? I just got one of the RDTAs from Chef, I'm in love with the dang thing, except for warm-up time on coils. I can't take the heat it generates when I crank the wattage up a lot, and the choice seems to be either heat or lag time. I've got two 1 ohm coils in it now, and 42-45W is about as hot as I can stand it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the original Merlin 23 mm RTA. I use .35 3mm 26ga parallel SS coils in them. Single coil atty.
25-27 watts and a nice just warm vape. You can do bigger coils if you want but not very big they are not made for fused and such. Straight wire or a single round clapton.
I use the same coils in my Wasp Nanos.

I have 1 RDTA a Serpent single coil RDTA and use the same coils in it.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What are the other specs on the coils? Maybe I can suggest something that'll work better for you.

They are Clapton Kanthal, 26/32, 3mm id, 7 wrap. I did dry fire them to be sure they heated up properly, glow seemed even across both coils.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Try the same thing with N80. I think you'll like the difference.

I will definitely try that, but in the meantime, I found that reducing the airflow a bit and reducing wattage helps. Coils seem to retain heat better with less air moving across them. Don't know if that makes sense, but it seems to be true.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I learned that Vapcell is wrapping different cells under the Vapcell gold 30A 20700 wrapper.
Per mooch they are only 20-25 A cells vs the old cell being 30A.

I just steer clear of ALL re-wraps for myself.
Even if mooch tests one as good you never know what they may start putting under the same wrapper.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good little cotton scissors.
Wescott Titanium 5 inch scissors.
$9+ on Walmart Website but found for $7 in store.
In the sewing dept of course.

I had been using the next grade down of the same scissor for around 2 years with no issues.
It is ~$4.
I use scissors from a suture removal kit. We used to use the removal kits for the other items so I would keep the scissors, otherwise they got tossed in the trash. They work wonderfully!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Turned out to not be an easy task!
I decided to put a silicone bottle in the Capo.
Due to the metal tube and the hardware on top of it, there isn't much room in there.
A VV Pulse bottle is the perfect diameter but there is a piece inside the mod with a hole that is not big enough for the top of the bottle to fit through.
I ended up completely disassembling the mod, Dremmeled the hole big enough for the bottle to fit through and Viola!

55e511a838622126e0de633c10cc44eb.jpg

d5a831d83e1b3080e87fdf2c9ad21417.jpg

4f3adafb51c24039a742987b82cfe4e8.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Messed with the new my Blu pods. Took it to work and it was seeping juice in my mouth all day. So I scratched that plan and readjusted the rubber plug under the coil when I got home. Good to go. I'll say if I continued to use it all day I think it would've lasted. I'll see tomorrow. But switched from the 24mg to 12mg blackberry breeze. Which is why I had the issue in the first place. I think it was worth the dollar

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Right now, I’m vaping, watching Wimbledon and charging batteries. Lest night, I mixed a few experiments.....mostly involving VT Arabica Coffee and dark chocolate. @wllmc , I’m looking at you!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like it a lot!
I've tried it with both a single build and a triple build.
The triple is unbelievable for flavor.

I don't know if this is v1 or V2. Lol

Sent from a Galaxy far far away.
You have the v1. Yea triple coils is delicious. Ha ha

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good in my bathroom & vaped as much as possible while my boss sat in my office critiquing all my work all afternoon. Then came home & mixed a few bottles of juice.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wrapped a few coils and installed them in a few rdas. Used said rdas to try a few experimental juices.....mixed results. :rolleyes: Started a few new experiments(cookie dough ice cream and fruity flake cheesecake). Now imma gonna go work on tweaking a few recipes and remix those.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewicked almost everything in the rotation. Finally retired the original Pulse BF mod. It really is just a shitty vape. Pulled the Capo squonk out of storage to replace the retired Pulse. It's only slightly better. It's under powered as all get out. Have to crank it to 80w or more to get the same vape with the same coils at 50w with all my other mods. Started looking for a mod to replace the Capo and deciding if it's worth getting in trouble with the Wife.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewicked almost everything in the rotation. Finally retired the original Pulse BF mod. It really is just a shitty vape. Pulled the Capo squonk out of storage to replace the retired Pulse. It's only slightly better. It's under powered as all get out. Have to crank it to 80w or more to get the same vape with the same coils at 50w with all my other mods. Started looking for a mod to replace the Capo and deciding if it's worth getting in trouble with the Wife.
The rsq is a great mod. One for sale in the hardware thread for 40 I think. Not mine just shilling for a moment. Sorry

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered the stuff to start the diy journey. Only one juice so far but it'll be delicious if it turns out right. Also tracked some stuff and got some great mail. Good times

Yay!!!!!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea gonna try my hand at mega melons. Bought the syringes and all then went ahead and got a scale last night also. Make things easier from what I read. Gave away a bunch of juice to me ex yesterday in wait for the other 9 bottles from different vendors. Then get the diy stuff. Could've had a massive collection if I didn't buy the abstrakt stuff.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea gonna try my hand at mega melons. Bought the syringes and all then went ahead and got a scale last night also. Make things easier from what I read. Gave away a bunch of juice to me ex yesterday in wait for the other 9 bottles from different vendors. Then get the diy stuff. Could've had a massive collection if I didn't buy the abstrakt stuff.

It’s an easy one! Scales are definitely easier. Good luck and ask any questions you need to! You’re gonna get hooked!:)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s an easy one! Scales are definitely easier. Good luck and ask any questions you need to! You’re gonna get hooked!:)
I was up late looking at other recipes. I think I'd like to start with simple stuff. Also having to find different brands and all. I like the bull city community builds. Those look interesting. Where you buy exactly what you need for that flavor

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The rsq is a great mod. One for sale in the hardware thread for 40 I think. Not mine just shilling for a moment. Sorry

By all accounts I have no doubt it is one of the best regulated squonkers out there and it is on the list, but I think I'm going to look into a dual battery regulated squonker just for giggles and shits.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was up late looking at other recipes. I think I'd like to start with simple stuff. Also having to find different brands and all. I like the bull city community builds. Those look interesting. Where you buy exactly what you need for that flavor

Yup. They’re perfect for people starting out. And there are one shots, too, if you’re feeling lazy......I picked up a few from Chefs last time I ordered.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewicked the orca to celebrate her new door and button. Though not using the button. Different green. Dripping some new juices also.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it just me or does the ijoy 21700 batteries suck ass compared to the vct5a?

One reason why I see no reason to switch to tha 2XXXX cells.

Depending on which of the 3 variations of the IJOY 21700 cell you get they range from 20A, 24A and 30A.
So yes the VTC5A will hit harder than 2 of the 3.

and hit about the same as the best Ijoy 21700 cell per Mooch's pulse tests.

In a regulated mod they 'should' outperform a VTC5A. At least the 30 amp variant should.
Depends on the wattage you run.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why I see no reason to switch to tha 2XXXX cells.

Depending on which of the 3 variations of the IJOY 21700 cell you get they range from 20A, 24A and 30A.
So yes the VTC5A will hit harder than 2 of the 3.

and hit about the same as the best Ijoy 21700 cell per Mooch's pulse tests.
Oops I made a mistake. I have the 20700 40A

VU Sponsors