Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had a co-worker come up and asked if I new where he could replace the glass on his vapresso tank. Told him I'd help him figure it out while we worked. Ends up I have a spare vapresso pro tank that I never planned on using. So I'll be giving him that. Says he wants to quit smoking. Told him stick it out and don't do anything that makes him want a cig. No food,sex,rock and roll.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Testing some juices I made. Well adapted from other recipes. Sweet raspberry lemonade is a hit. Woohoo. Gonna gear up to test some mango piña colada. Hope that goes well

Nothing more satisfying than taking a recipe and making it your own. Especially the “Damn that really good” moments. Just make sure to take very careful notes...... not that I have ever forgotten to do that or anything...

Carpe Nidor

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Dropped a coil in the drop, put it on the gbox with the mystery juice from vape wild( pancake with maple syrup, amazing!) and proceeded to vape. I really like the drop solo. Ordered an x-baby tank since I wound up with an rba section for one a while back when one of my orders got screwed up. Since I got the tank I had to order a color coordinated mod to go with it. So I ordered a cuboid pro since Breazy had them on sale also.

Carpe Nidor

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rewicking the triple
d456c54a3bad4d7158fd59756028a80b.jpg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dropped a coil in the drop, put it on the gbox with the mystery juice from vape wild( pancake with maple syrup, amazing!) and proceeded to vape. I really like the drop solo. Ordered an x-baby tank since I wound up with an rba section for one a while back when one of my orders got screwed up. Since I got the tank I had to order a color coordinated mod to go with it. So I ordered a cuboid pro since Breazy had them on sale also.

Carpe Nidor
I just ordered the drop solo. Fingers crossed.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered the drop solo. Fingers crossed.

I’ve been vaping on it most of the day now. All the air holes open was a bit too much air for me so I closed off the top row and I like that a lot better. Still not sure if I like the included drip tip yet though. I may wind up switching that out. It is very simple to build and position the coil. Flavor is very good. I really like this one.

Carpe Nidor

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’ve been vaping on it most of the day now. All the air holes open was a bit too much air for me so I closed off the top row and I like that a lot better. Still not sure if I like the included drip tip yet though. I may wind up switching that out. It is very simple to build and position the coil. Flavor is very good. I really like this one.

Carpe Nidor
Nice. Always looking for a good single coil rda. Thanks!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I washed out a few bottles.....yay.......

I also mixed two new experiments....white chocolate peanut butter cups and pumpkin squares(a wonderful pumpkin cake with a cream cheese icing...you can get them at one of my local cafes). Developing a peanut butter cookie custard and still tweaking the brownie batter and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

And tracked some vapemail. Got some vapemail(flavors).

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Browsing through the sites looking for new shinys and I come across this.
3d838308306cf789164f57d610b12516.png

Does Eightvape sell chewing tobacco or something? Because I have no idea why that would be on a vape website.

Carpe Nidor

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Per the FDA vaping stuff is tobacco products.
And since it does not actually smoke it is smokeless?
That was my thinking as well, though the fda has some curious perspectives about vape equipment. To them, a drip tip is no different than a tobacco leaf. Guess we can be glad that the ATF isn't busy writing nonsense vaping legislation, or an RDA would require multiple licenses and you wouldn't be able to handle it in public. :D

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back to the original topic, I cleaned and rewicked the Hastur Mini. Then opened it back up after having a nap to thin the tails a bit more.

I should probably rewick the Reload too, but feeling a bit lazy at the moment.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Carpe Nidor
Have you tried the other cap it comes with? It doesn't have the top row of holes, so it should be the right airflow for you.
Also, do you have a Recurve?

Browsing through the sites looking for new shinys and I come across this.
3d838308306cf789164f57d610b12516.png

Does Eightvape sell chewing tobacco or something? Because I have no idea why that would be on a vape website.

Carpe Nidor

I check Eightvape regularly, and just noticed that for the first time today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nice, that's my favorite of the two! I'm not a fan of the Avocado 24, flavor isn't nearly as good

I only have a very few rebuildables, but have had good luck (read as pure dumb luck) with the ones I have so far. 22mm Avocado and Wotofo Serpent, single coil GV Zeus, and a weird Kayfun V4 clone with a removable RBA in it, looks very similar to the RBA that comes with the Kanger Toptank. All four of these produce really good flavor. I'm still working the kinks out of the Merlin RDTA. Ramp up time on it is atrocious. Chef's suggestion was to get some nichrome coils for it, which I haven't had a chance to do yet, but I will.

I find myself really enjoying most every piece of Geekvape gear I get. May order a Griffin RTA one of these days, although somewhere I read they are beasts to wick properly. Guess I should start with the Herakles RTA that's in my vape box that I've never fired up yet. :)

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried the other cap it comes with? It doesn't have the top row of holes, so it should be the right airflow for you.
Also, do you have a Recurve?

I check Eightvape regularly, and just noticed that for the first time today.

Yeah I tried the other cap. I like the airflow on it but not the look of it. I have a couple of recurve also. I usually have one row of air holes closed off on that one also.

Carpe Nidor

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I tried the other cap. I like the airflow on it but not the look of it. I have a couple of recurve also. I usually have one row of air holes closed off on that one also.

Carpe Nidor
Cool, thanks. I close down the airflow on all of my atomizers except the Recurve and Intake, but those both have the restriction I like when they're wide open

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some prep work done for a run of about 20 Alien Coils or so
d43a4d2f1f816971132d62ab416a9766.jpg
c5ffc8478872f62f0253db93534b7076.jpg

Also shook up and popped the cap off a new flavor mix I’m trying out...started out as just a joke to be able to give it a “tongue-in-cheek” recipe name because one of the the ingredients is “Burro Butter”, but I’ll be damned if it’s not starting to smell pretty good in just the couple of days it’s been steeping:
0d54cab3c60dfc851d5f11cf0a29878a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So what was the mystery flavor?

It's called White Bronco, orange juice, cream, and vanilla. I actually can taste the orange in it, but usually I have a problem with orange.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought the flavorings to make struberry custard. Can't wait to get that rolling.. Edit also the stuff for boss blonde caramel, some grape candy or gum and some cake batter to work out a Bavarian cream donut. Gotta admit you guys were right. It's a deep hole.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It's called White Bronco, orange juice, cream, and vanilla. I actually can taste the orange in it, but usually I have a problem with orange.

Sounds like a play on the Denver Broncos with the orange and white.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
figured out today why many flavorings and juice taste horrible to me.
I know that Aspertame tastes horrid to me however I found out today that Sucralose tastes almost as bad.
Got a bottle of water. turned out it was raspberry flavored.
I took a drink and spit it back out. Wondering why they had put Putridsweet in water?
looked at label and read sucralose as a content....

I expect that EM gives me a similar reaction?
I know that cotton candy flavoring is horrible to me.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
figured out today why many flavorings and juice taste horrible to me.
I know that Aspertame tastes horrid to me however I found out today that Sucralose tastes almost as bad.
Got a bottle of water. turned out it was raspberry flavored.
I took a drink and spit it back out. Wondering why they had put Putridsweet in water?
looked at label and read sucralose as a content....

I expect that EM gives me a similar reaction?
I know that cotton candy flavoring is horrible to me.
I'm with you 100% on that. All of those non-sugar sweeteners taste absolutely horrid to me. Even the supposedly all natural ones I've tried like Stevia taste more chemical than sugery to me.

Not sure which of them some juice manufacturers use in particular, but it might explain why I have a distaste for some of the ones I've tried but disliked outright.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with you 100% on that. All of those non-sugar sweeteners taste absolutely horrid to me. Even the supposedly all natural ones I've tried like Stevia taste more chemical than sugery to me.

Not sure which of them some juice manufacturers use in particular, but it might explain why I have a distaste for some of the ones I've tried but disliked outright.
I like this Stevia.
NuNaturals
Clear NuStevia.

been using it for over 3 years.
I got mine at GNC last time.
Was around $10 and has lasted me well over a year for a 2 oz bottle.
I put 5 drops in a 120 ml bottle of DIY for fairly sweet.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this Stevia.
NuNaturals
Clear NuStevia.

been using it for over 3 years.
I got mine at GNC last time.
Was around $10 and has lasted me well over a year for a 2 oz bottle.
I put 5 drops in a 120 ml bottle of DIY for fairly sweet.
Might give it another shot if I happen upon some of that brand. Thanks for the heads up. The only one I've ever tried thus far was the Truvia granules, and I couldn't find a ratio that actually worked for my likes. Even mixing a bit of it plus regular sugar as recommend by some made for an unpleasant tasting cup of coffee to me. I was really overdoing it with the sugar, for decades, and knew I should make a change, but just ended up forgoing sweetener in my coffee altogether in the past year or so.

I was a big pop/soda drinker too, for seemingly forever. Switched to club soda a half year ago though, just to reduce my sugar and caloric intake.

You'd think cutting all of that sugar out of my diet would make me lose weight, but darned if knocking a thousand calories off the top per day made a difference. Go figure, lol.

I need to get back into diy sooner rather than later, so knowing there is a sweetener that will potentially work well for me is great info. Thanks again! Might even try a bit in my coffee too. :)

Oh, and to keep my reply a bit more relevant to the thread, I honestly didn't do many vape related things today... Aside from refill my Hastur mini, swap in a fresh battery, vape, and vape-chat with you fine folks. Ran out of 3mgl juice, so the Reload is on the shelf until tomorrow.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was getting a bit too much popping and spitback out of the build I had in the Hastur Mini, so rebuilt it at 2.0mm instead of 2.5, and added an extra wrap. Still using that juggernaut wire I have laying around, but plan to pick up a few spools of ni80 in the near future which I suspect will really make this thing shine a bit more.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shipped a packed for the diy mix it forward vape it forward giveaway. Also rewicked the aromamizer supreme. Other than that snuck some MTL Vapes in at work in a factory today during a cleaning maintenance. By myself under the machine, why not.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally broke down and bought a new setup..”If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” was just too old to tell myself with what I’m using (which, granted there is still nothing wrong with)
c8cc30ec4257d8eb51939eefea03129f.jpg

But decided since I had a little extra cash on me, I put an order in for a Black/Stainless Furyan BF Mod and a Black/Stainless Drop RDA.
790287591a6e5b89297d84afcd50362c.jpg
8401f4ac8f1db8a1046a3ce7fb64f84f.jpg

Now I get to play the waiting game

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally broke down and bought a new setup..”If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” was just too old to tell myself with what I’m using (which, granted there is still nothing wrong with)

But decided since I had a little extra cash on me, I put an order in for a Black/Stainless Furyan BF Mod and a Black/Stainless Drop RDA.

Great choice

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Very nice! Super matchy matchy!

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Did my monthly bargain hunting at Fasttech :crazy:
Decided to get another Vandyvape Pulse 80W regulated squonker with a bunch of spare bottles. Really love that little bugger. And for less than $45 with coupon code, it really is a no-brainer. Also got another pair of Origen Little RDAs (clones for ~$8 a piece), which I squonk with. Yeah I know, MTL squonking... how silly. But the taste is faaaantastic and I use the same RDA for my mixing endeavours, so I know it'll taste the same :D

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Found a small bottle of Strawberry Vanilla Cookie Thingy DIY in the back of my vaping cabinet, which I mixed months ago. Label says this is in it:

Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) -- 0.75%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) -- 5.00%
Sweet Cream (CAP) -- 4.00%
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) -- 1.00%​
Rather quite happy with this lost treasure. Made 200ml more of the same and ordered new ingredients :ejuice:

Also, in an episode of severe shinyitis, I ordered more stuff, this time the Geekvape Ammit MTL RDA, flavours, batteries and some other bits and bobs. Don't tell my therapist... I had been doing so well for a few months barely buying anything for vaping until I relapsed this week :crazy: Now watching delivery trackers while chain vaping :tantrum:

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stopped into a local shop, picked up 2 bottles of salt nic juice and a bottle of 3mgl. Also grabbed a spool of 26 and 40ga ni80. Was a bit busy, so put a simple 10 wrap 2mm coil into the Hastur Mini after cleaning it. Much improved compared to the last build I had in there.

Also picked up some swivels from wally world. Probably won't have time tomorrow, but going to wind up some ni80 claptons on monday.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had some issues with my ordering of a Black Drop RDA, so, had to cancel it and went to a B&M to pick one up, even though they only had the SS version with black accents. Still doesn’t look bad on my new Furyan Squonker, though
133d6f2a8a3ab86a86ef90a86e759426.jpg

As usual, I was told some incorrect info at the B&M shop about something. I asked if they had any of the iJoy 20700 and was told they only have the Sherlock Hohms 20700, but that it was the exact same as all other 20700 batteries, just with different wraps because there is only one 20700 battery on the market, just different wraps *ugh*
Told him iJoy actually has 2 versions of 20700 battery, one with 3 legs which is shitty and one with 5 legs, and that Sanyo also has two versions out...one that is good but practicallly nonexistent and another that’s a piece of crap, so, I asked to see the battery
00beeb9db3c1e3ae06d8d15c2af64cf8.jpg
5f8152d66475bce50b609f3989869fd7.jpg

I pointed out it had 4 legs on it, so that means at bare minimum there are at least 5 20700 batteries on the market, and more than likely more.
I hate having to go into these places and either be told or overhear info that is just blatantly false. But, I picked up the Sherlock Hohms version just to try out...its charging now, so, I popped my regular aliens into the Drop and used the 18650 adaptor from my Furyan and loaded in a Sony VTC5a and must say, this sucker is as advertised on being a pretty kick ass RDA
a5d7761eed833169760dd183cb8e5bf3.png
84a0e74c1535264c1d91129bda27767f.png
bb741314090445e44d19e877a7ab1eef.jpg
f399bbe14732cfc1017fce86488f5a18.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought a pico squeeze 2 from here on Vu and bought a limelight squonk clone from 3f yesterday. It doesn't ship until the end of the month

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As you may recall I got my brother off the stinkies and into vaping just months after I started. As it turns out, he stuck with it, for about half a year now. I promised back then if he did, he'd get at least a full year of supplies for free from me. Made him 1 litre worth of eliquid (one-shot concentrates mostly, but a little DIY too) and ordered him a bag full of coils. Put a Uwell Nunchaku and a second Innokin Zenith tank into the box. He should be good for another half year.

VU Sponsors