Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well I'm gonna have to take some learning about the indestructible rda... Can't take a vape without caught a lot

That was a demo and u got it for 20$ cad that about half price of a brand new. I just had to change the top cap ring because the top was popping out by itself

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A great vape related day for me...

- cleaned some tanks and RDA's
- rewicked everything in my rotation
- messed around with coil placement on the Hadaly
- traded for an aspire Plato
- vaped

Good times

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Took my tank apart and gave it a thorough cleaning. Popped in a new coil and vaped my latest DIY and am very happy with this one.
Nice to have a winner after 4 rounds of DIY which were ok but not great.

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
well it 5 in the morning and It barely time for me to go to work... But my wick is done... ah well I'll try to be fast then!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I made my very first Fused Clapton wire on my own! I made a set-up using a block of wood, a pulley screwed into it and tape to keep the two strands of wire together (because the pulley is wider than the wire is supposed to be). It's taken me quite a few tries but I finally did it! :xD:

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My fused Claptons are now installed in my Twisted Messes Squared and the vape is great! After making the wire into coils the wrap was not quite even over the length of the core but it is working fine just the same. Next time I want the wrap to be evenly spaced throughout the entire length of wire.

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Dry Burn my advanced vape supply triple core fused Clapton (they were very very very gunky) re-wick another coil killer juice, taste really good, really sweety cereal creamy flavor... With a lot of sucralose... Imo I change my wick every 2 of 3 days so I don't really care to use really sweet juice

35affdb6e9f21f16d5b637a1f6605088.jpg

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a new Pharaoh RTA, threw out some really bad tasting juice I made. TFA caramel cappuccino. Holy shit this was awful! I couldn't even get through the first tank and for the rest of the day that was all I could taste even after switching tanks with another flavor. It ruined my bottle and it took forever to get the smell out of my tank.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took my ammit rta apart and messed with the coil and wicking. Beginner's luck I guess, the first coil and wick I installed it worked great. After that nothing but headaches. Not wicking the juice, having to loosen the top cap every other puff, getting shitty airy hits that began tasting more like cotton than juice. Had a half staggered fused clapton in it that was coming in around 0.2 ohms. It seemed to be ok at first then just seemed to be too much mass, stayed hot after a hit, slow ramp up.

Thought ok, fine. Go back to simple, so I went with a 7 or 8 wrap single spaced 26g ss316L. Not much vapor and ramped up too fast. Rather than making vapor it was just singeing the wick and irritating the back of my throat. Along with tasting like shit. I tried one guy's method of snipping a little off the top of the wick tails. Meh. Found another vid where a guy (wicked wattage on yt) trimmed his wick a lot closer to the coil than I had.

Ok so the half staggered fused was too much, the single coil was too little. Twisted some 26g and made a 6 wrap that came out at 0.35-.36ohm. New wicking method. Finally something enjoyable again and air bubbles releasing on their own. I feel like frickin goldy locks trying to sort out the porridge but think I finally nailed it. This time anyway, finicky bitch. lol

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Checked USPS tracking for new tank arrival. Should be here Monday. Was hoping for Saturday. Oh well.

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I twisted some extra Unk 28ga SS for TC builds.

Does twisted SS always beat single strand in TC?
IMO it barely made a difference in VW but it beats the shit out of it in TC.
Wassupwidat?

Twisted SS & Knuckles.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I twisted some extra Unk 28ga SS for TC builds.

Does twisted SS always beat single strand in TC?
IMO it barely made a difference in VW but it beats the shit out of it in TC.
Wassupwidat?

View attachment 77713
Not sure why, twisted pairs seem to work well for me too in ss316L whether 26 or 28g. I've found with 26g just a single wire is a royal pia when it comes to clamping it down. The easiest time I have with it is in the bachelor tank which is postless but still a pia. It gets worse with the ammit or avocado 24. It feels like I'm going to strip the threads on the post screws or round the heads out trying to get them tight enough to hold a single strand of ss wire. 2 strands twisted together makes it fatter, works much better.

Given the low resistance of ss it's hard to drop down to something fatter like 20g without getting into stupid low resistance. People can go down to 22g in kanthal without overdoing it because of the higher resistance, gives them some fatter wire to work with so the post screws can get a bite on them.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't done it yet but later today I'm going to MC Vape Bar to get some more wire, cotton and e-liquid. When I get home I'll be working on the Alien Clapton to put in my Twisted Messes Squared. My builds are all worn down currently aside from in my Cloud Beast [RBA] so I need to rebuild ASAP. Aside from all that I'm just vaping all day and relaxing as my new job starts Monday. With my first paycheck I'll be getting more vape stuff (probably the Goon LP or CSMNT). That about covers everything! :)

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took my wife and kid to the national aquarium today and had a vapetastrophe. While taking the chuff cap off my Petri to check my coils it slipped out of my hands and rolled right into the disgusting harbor. Chased after it and as I watched it roll into the bubbling cease pool, I raised my hands to the heavens and and at the top of my lungs yelled "NOOOOOO!!!! WHY!!!!!"

The place was packed and when I snapped out of it, realized a small crowed had formed around me. A bike cop who watched the whole thing rode over and asked what happened. When I told him, he laughed, made some snide comment about vaping and rolled away. My wife was horrified and embarrassed and my daughter tried to console me. All and all it was a bad vape day.

This is why I always carry back ups and so should you.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Took my wife and kid to the national aquarium today and had a vapetastrophe. While taking the chuff cap off my Petri to check my coils it slipped out of my hands and rolled right into the disgusting harbor. Chased after it and as I watched it roll into the bubbling cease pool, I raised my hands to the heavens and and at the top of my lungs yelled "NOOOOOO!!!! WHY!!!!!"

The place was packed and when I snapped out of it, realized a small crowed had formed around me. A bike cop who watched the whole thing rode over and asked what happened. When I told him, he laughed, made some snide comment about vaping and rolled away. My wife was horrified and embarrassed and my daughter tried to console me. All and all it was a bad vape day.

Condolences, bro.

And a snotty cop on bike to boot. Bad day, indeed.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I built a vape stand for three rda/rta/rdtas.

6dc2d6cbe60912fdbb0e0e751f2c5c30.jpg

299e37efbc6633cb352e9b328ea5d33e.jpg

15bd94339966900efab47b63e7d0205c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That's pretty cool, how long does it take something like that to print? I remember the old early versions of 3d printers were horribly slow and took days or weeks.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one only took 49 mins. Mainly because it is somewhat small and short. The time it takes is based on the length/width and number of layers to reach the height. The Dremel is not as slow as many others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did some research on a new MOD and RDA to get. I finally decided on Limitless Mod Co., with their "Arms Race - Blue Digi [Camo]" MOD and their "Color-Changing RDA" (Yellow/Green). I'm going to place the order soon! :xD:

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ordered a blue Mad Dog RDA along with some wire to build claptons and a wide bore drip tip for my Tsunami 24.

f4milytime

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Went back in time and built my Conqueror today.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Replaced the coil in my old mans eleaf istick 40w TC mod for him and filled her up with his favourite juice, bubble purp.

pagandevil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mixed up another 720 ml of juice

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rebuilding and re wicking ,oh and I replaced the o rings in my tank with fancy orange ones,,ooooh.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did a twisted build for my Tsunami 24 and dual Twisted Claptons for my next build and - as always - a lot of vaping. Tsunami ranks highest for me (compared to my other RDA's) in terms of flavor and going the longest without having to constantly drip. :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Purchased an Hcigar VT75 Inbox squonker and a Lostvape Therion 75 BF squonker and a vapor shark S Macro 40w dna mod as well as a Smok TFV4 mini...can someone loan me some gas money for the week..thanks.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

But you had wife and kid. And you didn't throw one in to chase after it?

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Bought an Anubis box mod and a HellBoy V2 RDA.

Strutted to the mail box expecting vape mail only to find none. :(

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
trying to wick the tfv8 for the first time lol... I burn the first coil in two day... it a shame that the coil from smok does'not last long

MaLiXs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well I think I'm gonna try to find out what the good way to work with the tfv8... I got bad Cotton taste with the included coil and I have to put more than 5volt to get some cloud... I'm gonna probably put my advanced vape supply staggered or my triple core fused be figure out with those stainless steel coil since I have more experience with them on both of my rda and rdta

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk

veltos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Did my first twisted build for my OBS engine nano. It ain't that pretty but it vapes nice. Now I'm waiting on slow usps for vapemail.

VU Sponsors