Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very interesting, Manny. I think it's wonderful. Have had family members in similar circumstances in the past, and I bet both of them would have said they would have been thankful for anything that would have made their experiences a bit more comfortable. I doubt they'd have felt exploited.

Understand that most people are not concerned about inmates having a more comfortable experience. All I would say to that is that your viewpoint might change if someone you love was in that situation, due to drug addiction or mental illness.

And. as the officer said, inmates who are less agitated are less dangerous to staff. Reduction in stress benefits everyone.

Thank you for sharing that video.
Well at least they can vape and shotgun their vaping.... There isn't much to do in there and at least vaping helps them relax and something to negotiate with.

That's the least their family can do is help with vape supplies and a little commissary money......

The don't need much as long as they can vape. .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Just bought 4 more LG2’s from IMRbatteries. Running a sale for the next 48 hours, $3.99 a piece. Didn’t really need them but for that price I had too. My credit card has been getting way too much use lately. I need to stop buying things.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hit this shit......
c8ea1a52b034bae99a04c6ac3991c27b.jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Made a coil or two
a700281311ddf408f21f1c27f6e1175b.jpg

And then after seeing this, looks like I’m going to have to learn to build a mod, because the inner-geek in me screamed in joy when I saw this...
afd179450b5f177d37a35bc7293b4989.jpg
afaca75ae5e1838405d9c8c0fb24a8b1.jpg

And to turn it on, make it a combination lock type of deal where you have to input “Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B. A, Start”
Non-gamers or newer gamers may not understand, but those of us that grew up with this old school equipment should get it right away :)

Do things by the book...just be sure that you are the author
If I remember right, That's the code for 30 lives in "Contra"

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I remember right, That's the code for 30 lives in "Contra"

Yeah...lovingly referred to as the “Konami Code” it was used in a few places and Easter eggs of it can be found in games, tv shows, movies, etc. All because a programmer got tired of dying while coding his game, so, he built in the back door to unlock everything and give lives and power ups so that he could test the final levels of games without having to worry about dying trying to get to them...then that backdoor was just left there when released...not sure if it was intentional or not.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some new Deluth Firehose pants because of the side pockets to carry mods.....

But when I drop the mod inside the pocket the mod drops below my nuts...... And I have to dig the damn thing out....

What a pain in the ass or better said what a pain on my nuts....

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just ordered a 30t and wraps for my 20700's. Now to wait for my Delta kit to come in. If I played my cards right, both packages should arrive together

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ordered a Maxo Zenith for $15. I've never tried one out. I've been reading about it. Seems like it's an either love it or hate it mod.

I mixed up some new recipes to try out as well. It sucks that awesome mixes get played out so quick with me.
I miss my zenith. A while back I was contemplating buying a kit (it's all I could find at the time) and getting rid of the rdta that came with it. I've got a triple 28 that fit on it perfectly that I haven't been able to use since the mod broke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Last night had to "operate" on the Kayfun 4. Kept getting dry hits. Nasty.

Discovered that the juice flow wasn't opening properly, then after a little Google searching, discovered that I had probably caused the problem when I adjusted the airflow screw.

Got that worked out after 15 or 20 minutes of messing, dropped wattage down to 10 (!), and it's working perfectly now.

I love the vape on it when it's working right, but damn, the learning curve is something else.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Set up two Griffins just now. One original 22MM and a 25 Plus.
In the 22 I did 6 wrap clapton 2.5ID.
In the 25 Plus I used 22GA 8 wraps, Ka1, 3MM ID. That stuff is so rigid. My damn fingers hurt lol.

I have a Herakles RTA that has never been out of the box. I think it's probably dual coil, and I don't know if I even want to mess with it.

How do you like the Griffins?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Herakles RTA that has never been out of the box. I think it's probably dual coil, and I don't know if I even want to mess with it.

How do you like the Griffins?
Love them. It was my first tank, even before trying tanks with factory coils. I got it and had no idea how it worked. I had to get wire and cotton the next time I went to town haha. I love the draw on both of them. Once you learn how to wick your tank the fun begins. You can try all sorts of builds, and coil positions. I usually get great flavor.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Love them. It was my first tank, even before trying tanks with factory coils. I got it and had no idea how it worked. I had to get wire and cotton the next time I went to town haha. I love the draw on both of them. Once you learn how to wick your tank the fun begins. You can try all sorts of builds, and coil positions. I usually get great flavor.

I think I maybe lucked up and made an easier transition, just in the opposite direction from you. Rather than moving backward from RDAs, I moved from factory pre-made coils to a rewickable Arymi Gille tank, then to RDTAs, then RTAs, then RDAs. Seems like learning to wick an RDTA, which now seems like the easiest thing in the world, was a good stepping stone from where I was to where I wanted to be.

I hear people talk junk about reviewers on YT, but I tell you, I wouldn't know how to install coils and wicks in any of these devices if it weren't for those guys. Every single device is different! (It gets easier and more intuitive, I know, but at first I gotta have DIRECTIONS!) :D

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Flea bombed the house so I took some of my gear to my folk’s house for the afternoon, rewicked IMG_9691.jpgall 3 of my rta’s and watched some Counting Cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Flea bombed the house so I took some of my gear to my folk’s house for the afternoon, rewicked View attachment 126153all 3 of my rta’s and watched some Counting Cars.

I like your collection. That blue Prince looks really good. I thought the blue ones had the shiny finish. That stuff comes off rather easily. I have a white painted one and it's a little more resistant to scraches, although it still got scuffed a little. I hate that about the newer Smok tanks. The Baby Beast series seemed pretty good as far as finishes go. The Prince tanks, not so much. They do Black, Gold, SS, and Rainbow well. The others shiny colors scratch off easily. My purple and red ones are all scuffed up.
1209181422.jpg
The tanks work well and I love all the options available for coils. But shame on you Smok for the shitty thin color finishes. I still like your blue one :D.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've found some wire that I like. Guess it's mostly for people like me who are not into doing all this drill spinning and such to get coils built.

It is Geekvape MTL N80 Clapton wire. 2 strands of 28ga nichrome wrapped with 38ga nichrome. About 2.23 ohms per foot. I paid something like $7, including shipping, for 10 feet. I'm guessing I can get between 30 and 35 coils like this one out of this spool of wire, putting the cost per coil at less than 25 cents.

Coil I'm vaping now in the Hussar RTA that I got from Chef is 4 wraps, 2.5mm ID, 0.45 ohms, wicked with cotton bacon, juice is 35/65 6mg, at 25W. Pleasantly warm, tastes great, decent vapor. No spitting and popping.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have any of you ever used the RBA for the Smok Baby Beast?

I have two Geekvape Illusion Mini tanks. They can use Baby Beast coils (supposedly, I haven't tried that) or Atlantis-style coils using an adapter that comes with the tank. I'm wondering if I can use the Baby Beast RBA, once I run out of these Vaporesso ceramic Atlantis-style coils.

Do you have to use a bubble glass on the Baby Beast when you use the RBA? The Illusion Mini's coil housing is pretty large, but not sure the Baby Beast even has a coil housing, and the RBA may be substantially larger than the regular coil, hence the bubble glass.

@Just Frank ? @Heartsdelight ?

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like your collection. That blue Prince looks really good. I thought the blue ones had the shiny finish. That stuff comes off rather easily. I have a white painted one and it's a little more resistant to scraches, although it still got scuffed a little. I hate that about the newer Smok tanks. The Baby Beast series seemed pretty good as far as finishes go. The Prince tanks, not so much. They do Black, Gold, SS, and Rainbow well. The others shiny colors scratch off easily. My purple and red ones are all scuffed up.
View attachment 126156
The tanks work well and I love all the options available for coils. But shame on you Smok for the shitty thin color finishes. I still like your blue one :D.

Thanks! I actually just sold the Prince on eBay lol. The finish on it was definitely better than what came on the black green specked version I had. The airflow kinda reminds me of the Freemax Mesh Pro and the flavor was pretty good too! Both Baby Beast tanks I had were really nice but the red one had a afc ring that would get stuck and I’d have to really force it closed, still a great tank...aside from occasionally getting a crappy Smok coil.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I have two Geekvape Illusion Mini tanks. They can use Baby Beast coils (supposedly, I haven't tried that) or Atlantis-style coils using an adapter that comes with the tank. I'm wondering if I can use the Baby Beast RBA, once I run out of these Vaporesso ceramic Atlantis-style coils.

Do you have to use a bubble glass on the Baby Beast when you use the RBA? The Illusion Mini's coil housing is pretty large, but not sure the Baby Beast even has a coil housing, and the RBA may be substantially larger than the regular coil, hence the bubble glass.

The RBA is taller, (Which is dumb). When you get it they provide a taller glass. It works great though. Ill check mine but I think it wont work.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I just tried it with the Illusion Mini. Just as I suspected, it don't fit. I'm not really sure but maybe Ijoy makes an RBA for their Exo tanks that'll fit. Also the Baby Prince RBA is out there but I'm not sure if its regular sized.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just tried it with the Illusion Mini. Just as I suspected, it don't fit. I'm not really sure but maybe Ijoy makes an RBA for their Exo tanks that'll fit. Also the Baby Prince RBA is out there but I'm not sure if its regular sized.

Thanks for checking that out for me. I appreciate your help.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Today rewicked The Reload....
9516497cb4129d68cf8d050cc36b51c4.jpg

I’m getting a little sick and tired of having to look at all the pictures you post of your fancy mods. I keep seeing these pics of mods I wish I had and look over to see whose they are and sure as shit it’s Mannyscoot. Every single time!! But seriously dude you got one hellluva collection. Doing some quick math in my head you must’ve spent close to 10 grand on vape gear. So anyway if you ever get sick of any of your mods or tanks just shoot me a PM and I’d be happy to give you my address so I can help you to rehome some vape gear. :vapemail:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 126156
I use this tank daily... The Falcon resin tank V2..... And it still looks perfect.....Why would a tank peel and loose the color......

That tank pictured looks like you dragged it behind your car.....
bc2162a344ed4bc66885426ee58b7e40.jpg
37e49e76b6993588e96e2b36db648491.jpg

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought myself an early Christmas present...Voopoo Drag and a HellVape Drop Dead RDA
7ed45ee78af3bc3b477a6c9bcd01b07e.jpg

a26b1c0f76f1951e8648c5aeaba900c8.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Trying out the NADA I got today and I'm really liking it.
I haven't tried it as a squonker but as a dripper it's almost more like an RDTA, nice deep juice well so you can go a good while between dripping.
Love the air flow, bottom air flow with pretty high tubes channeling the air directly under the coils. I haven't had one drop off juice spoil into the air flow.

0f2e284c88aca8917f55aa200294c9e5.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trying out the NADA I got today and I'm really liking it.
I haven't tried it as a squonker but as a dripper it's almost more like an RDTA, nice deep juice well so you can go a good while between dripping.
Love the air flow, bottom air flow with pretty high tubes channeling the air directly under the coils. I haven't had one drop off juice spoil into the air flow.

0f2e284c88aca8917f55aa200294c9e5.jpg

I just bought another black Reload today..... eBay $67.01

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 Reload RDAs and like them a lot but in all honesty, I like the NADA better for a dripper.
Very similar design.

Dripper only one Broosky.... The Stumpy......
4178037eac1afc0f8acb4ed96c001caf.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 Reload RDAs and like them a lot but in all honesty, I like the NADA better for a dripper.
Very similar design.

As you know, I just got the reload X rda and its not the easiest thing to drip on. Taking the cap on and off is a pain because you have to line up the air flow notches. I could just drip juice down through the drip tip but I like to be able to see what i'm doing. I think it was made to be squonked.

The air flow is a little restricted as well which holds me back from getting the reload rta because i've heard the same thing. The small amount of airflow was causing the rda to get a little hot.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing vape related yesterday except slowed down how much I Vaped. While on snow duty I went through 39ml of garden watermelon in 25hours. Gotta stay awake right. The guy riding with me smoked 3packs if Newport. Was killing me. Lol

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Bought myself an early Christmas present...Voopoo Drag and a HellVape Drop Dead RDA
7ed45ee78af3bc3b477a6c9bcd01b07e.jpg

a26b1c0f76f1951e8648c5aeaba900c8.jpg

Those two pieces look awesome together! Very nice!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Refilled a couple of bottles and charged a few batteries. Thinking about trying to put my hands on a Toptank and the RBA that goes with it. I haven't tried the RBA yet.

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Today I just did a bit of cleanup. I have a platform on my computer desk that holds all my vape hardware. I just go through everything, downsize juice bottles that are getting empty, wipe down all my mods and attys, check my wicks and wires. Nothing crazy, just a bit of reorganizing and inventory.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been fighting dry hits for a couple days. I think a squonker is calling my name. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went from dry hits to muted flavor to finally getting some satisfying flavor and vape production, thought I was going to lose my damn mind and go Jai Haze on the Bellerophon and Creed lmao! I won’t lie I still get the best flavor using a Squonk and rda but you can do it!

VU Sponsors