Become a Patron!

What do I do with this stuff when I get it??

So, I've been vaping for about a year and a half now. Started out on Blu disposables, moved to a cigalike battery with some mini tanks on it, then moved to an ego style battery with some cheapo plastic tanks and replaceable coils. I just bought the iStick 50W and a Nautilus Mini. My main question is whether there is anything special I should know about starting to vape on the box mod or whatever. I guess that's kind of a broad question but up til now, I've always just filled, screwed the bits together, and started pushing the button, so I'm wondering if I need like a crash course on using fancier equipment. Sorry if this is a stupid post.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The first thing you will want to do is charge the iStick. I hope you purchased the charger to go with it.

I think the Nautilus comes with a head already installed. Fill it and put it to the side.

When the battery is charged, attach the Nautilus and vape.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I hope you enjoy them.

Just one or two other things.

With clearomizers, I always clean them before using them as an extra precaution. Just take it apart, make damn sure to remove the head and soak the rest in very warm water with a little soap. Rinse the living heck out of it, soak in very warm water again and then dry. Then put the head in it and fill.

And if you only have the two heads get more. Quickly. They only last so long before you need to replace them.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With the head, after you've cleaned the tank but before you screw the head in, hold it upside down over your sink and drop a few drops down the shaft into the coil. Let it soak through. Maybe do this twice before you screw it in. Once you've filled your tank and closed everything up, pull on it a few times without firing it. Doing these things will prime your coil up a bit. I find not doing this on a mini leads the first few hits to taste burned and awful.

D.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More of a maintenance tip, but use q-tips and rubbing alcohol to keep the tank/battery connections clean. Don't want to eat up the threading on nice gear. Congrats on the new stuff.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let us know how you like the new stuff compared to the stuff you were using. It's not only interesting to hear how gear progression works out for people, but it helps build the general knowledge base so the forum can better help others.

Let us know how you like the new stuff compared to the stuff you were using. It's not only interesting to hear how gear progression works out for people, but it helps build the general knowledge base so the forum can better help others.

Hey! I came back to report that I am totally loving the new setup so far. I basically spent the entire evening telling my fiancee "Oh, here's ANOTHER thing I like better about this setup...." He even pointed out that it appeared like I had more control over the whole system than with the previous one which pretty much summarizes about half the items on the list of reasons I love this.

I love the feel of the iStick, the adjustable airholes on my Nautilus, and the taste of my e-juice in this tank. I also had a little fun stealth vaping in the movie theater since I didn't have a giant glowing button to try to hide.

My only "issue" and it's not even a huge deal and I'm pretty sure it is fixable is that I will have to see about alternative drip tips for the Nautilus because I am not crazy about the way the stainless steel feels in my mouth.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you're diggin it. There are a buzillion drip tips out there. If you can possibly find one you like that has dual o-rings that would be good. The single o-ring tips can be a little wobbly.

One interesting thing I noticed was that I seem to be burning through my juice more quickly and after vaping one tank lowered my nic. The vape shop that I bought this particular juice at happened to be out of 18 mg the other day so I bought a 24 and a 12 and mixed them half and half for 18 and found that it was too high, so I've dropped down to just the 12 now and that seems to be better.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, more vapor production means more juice consumption and more vapor per hit means more nic intake per hit. It's common to need to adjust nic level when changing devices. I use 12mg in my tank and 6mg in my dripper.
Buying juice online can save you a bunch of money. Juice prices in local shops is usually pretty high. The only drawback is not being able to sample it first so there can be some trial and error involved, but might be worth the trouble.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, more vapor production means more juice consumption and more vapor per hit means more nic intake per hit. It's common to need to adjust nic level when changing devices. I use 12mg in my tank and 6mg in my dripper.
Buying juice online can save you a bunch of money. Juice prices in local shops is usually pretty high. The only drawback is not being able to sample it first so there can be some trial and error involved, but might be worth the trouble.

I do the same as he does in my tanks and my drippers, 12 and 6.

Take a sec and hit the review portion of this site for online shopping. Taste is subjective of course, and there will always be a "get what you pay for" result with ejuice, but there are a few less expensive vendors with decent stuff.

Personally, I just bought from yaeliq, and although shipping takes forever, the juices have been good. 10-18 for 100 mils is good by me.

VU Sponsors