Become a Patron!

What do you do with Vape materials that are no longer use?

I have a question, what do you do with all your Vape materials that you no longer use?

I have friends who have large supplies of juices and equipment that is wasted?

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've sold some hardware, given some to new vapers, and saved some in my vapocalipse box.

Once I started mixing my own juice I was pretty much always able to make everything at least vapable and use it myself.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm done paying it forward. I've done it many times over already, and I'm not Mother Theresa. Also, I don't PIF outdated hardware, as it is actually a disservice to do to people who try to stop smoking.

I keep my old hardware around, and every once in a while, I pull something out of retirement and enjoy it for what it once was - memory lane and all that...

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm done paying it forward. I've done it many times over already, and I'm not Mother Theresa. Also, I don't PIF outdated hardware, as it is actually a disservice to do to people who try to stop smoking.

I keep my old hardware around, and every once in a while, I pull something out of retirement and enjoy it for what it once was - memory lane and all that...
It was only a suggestion to people who would otherwise throw it out. Better to give emergency hardware to people rather than have them buy cigs.

You do have a point on outdated hardware doing a disservice if it is for someone trying vaping for the first time. A Pico 75 can be bought for less than $20 in some places and a Battlestar for under $40. No need to discourage smokers with bad vaping hardware.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have sold some of my newer gear here in VU and watch the boards for deserving people to pass on some of my other gear! It has been working out great! I have PIF a good amount of my unused gear and feel good about giving it to others that can use it.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have sold some of my newer gear here in VU and watch the boards for deserving people to pass on some of my other gear! It has been working out great! I have PIF a good amount of my unused gear and feel good about giving it to others that can use it.
Better to give stuff away than throw it out. Often better to PIF than horde for many.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Better to give stuff away than throw it out. Often better to PIF than horde for many.
I would never throw out vape gear- too pricey for that and I know someone may be able to use it. Some of my gear has been lightly used, not for me stuff!
My cabinet can only hold so much gear- but if some people like to hold onto all their vape gear that is OK with me too- I just don't have the room!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't normally hoard, but in the case of vaping hardware and consumables, I do because you never know what rotten anti-vaping law our corrupt rulers will come up with next. Right now I'm sitting on many dozens of mods and atomizers that I use more or less use regularly, and 221 liters of high-strength nic base in long-term storage.

What hardware I own that I really never use anymore - mostly Egos, shitty CE4 clearos or cartos - I wouldn't wish a friend to try and quit smoking with in 2017. So I abstain from donating it, is what I meant.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't normally hoard, but in the case of vaping hardware and consumables, I do because you never know what rotten anti-vaping law our corrupt rulers will come up with next. Right now I'm sitting on many dozens of mods and atomizers that I use more or less use regularly, and 221 liters of high-strength nic base in long-term storage.

What hardware I own that I really never use anymore - mostly Egos, shitty CE4 clearos or cartos - I wouldn't wish a friend to try and quit smoking with in 2017. So I abstain from donating it, is what I meant.

Seems like how a lot of gun owners are. Governments make people do strange desperate things.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
PIF, trade, sell - depends on what's going on

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Years ago while I was away on business, my wife and father in law built me a small room with a for my guns and reloading. A majority of that bench is now overflowing with vape gear and accessories I never use. Tons of atty's, juice I hate, tools, wire mods, whatever.. and none of it is organized. It used to be a place of sanctuary and now I can't stand to go in there. I do give stuff away to a friend and trade but that doesn't help the situation.

VU Sponsors