Become a Patron!

What do you guys think about this cloud chasing build?

$ Part Specific Link
105 Mod Project Sub Ohm http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-Ragnarok-Full-Copper-Mod-by-VLS-p/psor01.htm
85 RDA Mephisto http://www.vapedudes.com/mephisto-rda
35 Battery 3 LG HE4 http://www.vapordna.com/LG-18650HE4-35A-2500mAh-Battery-p/lg0001.htm
25 Wire 24 guage hotwire http://www.vapordna.com/Hot-Wires-by-Chadster-p/hw0001.htm
25 Ohm Meter USA Ohm Meter http://www.shop.usaohmmeters.com/NE...arent-Ohm-Meter-BLUE-LED-SS510BlueBlueLED.htm
~275

I am still fairly new to vaping, however I am very interested in getting some big clouds. I do not want a box mod because I think they look terrible so that is why I stuck with a mechanical mod, but if anyone knows of other mods that would do better but still have a good look I would be willing to change. I would like to keep the price around $275. I have a Mephisto RDA on my current build and I am really a big fan of it so I will either be getting one of these or a clone.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Cloud chasing has nothing to do with mods and batteries. It is all about maximum air flow and technique.

Mutated_Mutation

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bro, get a box. Vaping is going toward boxes. Vape longer and ability to make different builds. Sigelei 150w is small and fantastic and worth every penny around 100 bucks. Then get either a Mutation x v2 with delrin 1/2" drip tip or the Dark Horse or the infinite clt v3. The batteries you selected I've never tried personally but I have the HE2's and they work great. Idk about using them in mech mods though bc if u build too low they vent with flames. Be careful please! Also, if you're new to vaping just get regular kanthal and not hotwire. Trust me. Learn to build b4 u go that route. With what I'm telling u you'll have way better, more versatile gear and bring you cost down a good amount.

Cloud chasing has nothing to do with mods and batteries. It is all about maximum air flow and technique.
You clearly know less than I do, and I just started. Tell me how a shitty mod with a 1 volt drop across the barrel under load will result in a good cloud chasing build? Oh and batteries? Yeah I'm sure you can throw in any Duracell of the shelf and put some copper in their to fill the gaps, should work fine. Let's even take an 18650 battery, one that is rated at sub 20 amp draw, that will definitely be an optimal battery for vaping, let alone cloud chasing.

Stormweaver1983

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cloud chasing? dual 18650 wired in series in a box.

Regarding your actual post, most big cloud people that I know seem to use mostly 22g kanthal or nichrome for their coils.
Information on batteries is all over the place and almost entirely personal opinion and experience. I like my purple Imren that are labeled as 40A. Are they actually 40A? No idea. I've read various posts for and against almost all batteries out there.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You clearly know less than I do, and I just started. Tell me how a shitty mod with a 1 volt drop across the barrel under load will result in a good cloud chasing build? Oh and batteries? Yeah I'm sure you can throw in any Duracell of the shelf and put some copper in their to fill the gaps, should work fine. Let's even take an 18650 battery, one that is rated at sub 20 amp draw, that will definitely be an optimal battery for vaping, let alone cloud chasing.
Not sure about all that fancy stuff, but I can do this. 0808140103.jpg

You can have the best mod/rda combo there is and still get outdone by a shitty mod/rda combo technique is probably 70% of the equation. Also the mephisto is not a good idea go with a doge or mutation

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMO I enjoy Mech mods (Authentic) Its not a matter of one is better than the other by any means, but for me I just love the way Mech mods look and feel over a box (IMO of course) but as stated above, once the build is set, and fresh batteries are installed and the proper safety steps have been followed it's all on the user. I like to run different builds including single coil set ups. I can get massive clouds with even a single coil set up based entirely on airflow, and technique. Lately though I have really just been enjoying a .15 ohm dual Zipper build.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you want easy clouds? Mutation x v3... enough airflow to vape your fucking face off with a moderate build.
Try and locate mnke or sony vtc 4s if you can those lg will do you ok.
For mod well 1 volt drop is pretty serious voltage drop.
Wire wise.. kanthal dude cheaper and safer make up without the mark up.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont think anyone said anything about duracell, second a sub 20 amp will suffice depending on your build and what other gear your using. Obviously not for you since you want clouds (in fact the batteries you selected are truly 20 amp with a 35 amp pulse). But there is alot of technique to cloud chasing as if you dont exhale right your gonna thin them out. Also in regards to the inhale technique and completely feeling your lungs to the brim. As for suggestions on gear, mutation x v3, maybe a ipv mini v2 (70watts), i would get just 22 guage kanthal. hope that helps

I dont think anyone said anything about duracell, second a sub 20 amp will suffice depending on your build and what other gear your using. Obviously not for you since you want clouds (in fact the batteries you selected are truly 20 amp with a 35 amp pulse). But there is alot of technique to cloud chasing as if you dont exhale right your gonna thin them out. Also in regards to the inhale technique and completely feeling your lungs to the brim. As for suggestions on gear, mutation x v3, maybe a ipv mini v2 (70watts), i would get just 22 guage kanthal. hope that helps
He did say batteries don't matter though, that is why I said duracell. I also am aware that most of the idea of cloud chasing is due to the inhale, but the components do matter and that is why I was arguing with this guy. Thanks for the input though with your parts suggestions.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
nice setup but theres really no reason to spend $50 on wire and an ohm meter. kanthal works just as well and so do the well reviewed cheaper ohm readers

VU Sponsors