Become a Patron!

What do you think about vendors using shills to promote their products?

Chum

Member For 5 Years
I guess the company I work for uses "shills".
Sales and service of copiers/printers from desktop size to one I have that is at least twenty feet long (I fix 'em).
It is not cost effective to keep every one of them in our Demo Room, so we use certain customers that we have a long term relationship with for some demonstrations. A lot of times while I have been assisting on one of these demos, I have noticed the host customer chiming in with a positive comment. I have known these customers for many years. I once thanked one of them, after the demo, and asked if my company compensates them. The answer was, "they kind of look the other way when we are a little late in paying our bill". I guess this would be a "shill" except for the fact that every positive comment I heard was true...

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We need a standardized vape bot machine.
would inhale based on average human lung capacity, etc and at an average rate.
And measure temperature of vapor and density of vapor.
A spectrometer measurement could be done for flavor density?

When I first read what you wrote Cromwell I thought 'it's just not that simple'. For example, vape temperature and flavor are very dependent on the build in a given atty. And lung capacity doesn't really enter into things IMO. I know I don't come anywhere close to using all my lung capacity when I vape DL and I think that's fairly typical. And for the MTL vapers mouth capacity would be more relevant, but again I doubt it would be a significant factor.

OTOH, it doesn't have to be that complicated to have significant value. Just knowing air flow numbers for atties from standardized testing, and how big the various air flow channels and air chambers are would be a huge step forward.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shills have very little positive effect on how I decide to buy stuff. I'm a Gen X'er so I was born skeptic... either something ticks my boxes or it doesn't.

VU Sponsors