Become a Patron!

What do you think is the best RTA tank for 2018?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you watch some build videos on YouTube that will help a lot. M. Terk is one guy. Hohmtownhero is another. But either a regulated mod or ohm reader if some type. Wire cutters. Tweezers. I got a set of mini screwdrivers as well. The builders thread in here has some nice coils too. There are a bunch of building threads with tutorial videos and stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AKmtnvapor

Member For 1 Year
Congrats on moving to building! Don’t forget to get a spool of wire and some cotton. I use 26g stainless steel round wire and Japanese cotton pads. They make it easier to cut exactly the right size piece that you’ll need every time. Legion Vapes just did a great video on YouTube that walks you through the basics of coilbuilding and wicking. RTA’s can be a little tricky to wick just right, too much cotton and you’ll get dry hits, too little and it’ll sputter and spit. Honestly if you haven’t built before I’d get an RDA. They are much more forgiving on the wicking and if you mess it up, you won’t have to drain a big tank of eliquid to get back into the deck to fix it. Either way tho, an ohm reader is for sure a necessity. I’ve had good luck with the Kylin Mini RTA, and heard good reviews about the Zeus. Good luck!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bare in mind that the "best" is subjective. Most rtas that are out now are capable of really good flavor depending on the skills of the user. The type of coil, type of wicking material, how the user wicks the coil, coil placement in relation to the airflow holes/slots and airflow adjustments all factor into the outcome. I agree 100% with the idea of getting an rda first for reasons already stated.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to go for it... build my own RTA. What is the best RTA tank to buy? I will also be buying Coil Master DIY Vape Tool Kit. This will be my first time building, so do I need anything else?

What do you like MTL? DTL? Clouds?
There is no one best RTA.

As was recommended watch several Youtube reviews.
Once you narrow it down a bit, ask more questions.

This ^^^

I vape at around 15 watts with restricted lung hits. Others vape wide open at 150 watts, or at 7 watts using mouth to lung hits. There is no vape hardware in existence that will do them all well.

So the best advice I can give you is to try to narrow down what you are after from your vape experience and let us know that so we can help you better.

Tall Pines

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are going from a standard subohm tank. I would recommend the Geekvape Zeus RTA. Single coil, great flavor and leak proof. At least for me it is leak proof. If you are just starting out. Be careful of RTAs that have bottom or side air flow. I like top air flow. I haven't tried Mike Vapes Intake RTA yet. That also might be a good one for you. Good luck with your builds. I also buy Japanese cotton pads and I buy spools of premade clapton wire.

VU Sponsors