Become a Patron!

What do your "non-vaping" friends think?

VapingKicksAsh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just seeing what everyone else's friends think, whether they smoke still or have never smoked. What is the "feedback" you get from people that are around your vaping habits?

Have a blessed day & happy vaping <3

Most people I know assume that since a plume of vapor is coming out of my mouth that I'm still a smoker. I try to tell them what vaping actually is, but they never seem interested. Oh well, I let them think what they want. I know deep inside they want to give it a try :)

VapingKicksAsh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey that's exactly how I feel. I think the bigger the cloud the more against it they become. It's still shocking to me that people who smoke think that vaping is worse for you. I don't get it but to each their own.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A couple of years ago they were all for it. No longer. Attitudes have changed.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A couple of years ago they were all for it. No longer. Attitudes have changed.
Yeah, thanks to all the absurd propaganda. I googled "vaping health concerns" yesterday and read the first five or so articles that came up. I shouldn't have been, but I was BLOWN AWAY at the amount of misinformation, false statements and the ubiquitous "we know what we're talking about here" attitude when they clearly do not.

I am just a lowly vaper, not even a particularly gung-ho or accomplished or fanatical one---certainly not a professional journalist working for, say ABC--and I know worlds more than those idiots about what is in my juice and how a mod or electronic cigarette works.

The media coverage of vaping is SO obviously agenda-driven. Big Pharma losing out on their nicotine replacement therapy money, Tobacco companies losing out on their cigarette customers, the government losing its precious sin tax dollars. They're all scrambling to fuck with vaping as much as possible and to hell with people's lives. To hell with the fact that people actually quit smoking using it. They know it--however much they like to say "the data aren't in yet". You can bet they know it. So it's no wonder anyone who isn't actually doing it is victim of the massively disorganized slew of propaganda that hits the newspages every damned day.

Last edited:

VapingKicksAsh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, thanks to all the absurd propaganda. I googled "vaping health concerns" yesterday and read the first five or so articles that came up. I shouldn't have been, but I was BLOWN AWAY at the amount of misinformation, false statements and the ubiquitous "we know what we're talking about here" attitude when they clearly do not.

I am just a lowly vaper, not even a particularly gung-ho or accomplished or fanatical one---certainly not a professional journalist working for, say ABC--and I know worlds more than those idiots about what is in my juice and how a mod or electronic cigarette works.

The media coverage of vaping is SO obviously agenda-driven. Big Pharma losing out on their nicotine replacement therapy money, Tobacco companies losing out on their cigarette companies, the government losing its precious sin tax dollars. They're all scrambling to fuck with vaping as much as possible and to hell with people's lives. To hell with the fact that people actually quit smoking using it. They know it--however much they like to say "the data aren't in yet". You can bet they know it. So it's no wonder anyone who isn't actually doing it is victim of the massively disorganized slew of propaganda that hits the newspages every damned day.
I completely agree. The government is looking at the lives vaping is saving in a dollar amount. The more lives saved, the loss of profits go in their pockets from taxes on cigarettes. They have their heads so far up their own asses it disgusts me. Don't get me started on that yahoo we have in office.

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I completely agree. The government is looking at the lives vaping is saving in a dollar amount. The more lives saved, the loss of profits go in their pockets from taxes on cigarettes. They have their heads so far up their own asses it disgusts me. Don't get me started on that yahoo we have in office.

Gotta wonder if Obama has tried an ecig? We know he's had a hard time with it. Can we get him on our side? Oh wait, he's a politician.

VapingKicksAsh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A politician is a politician. Doesn't matter what party they are in, they are it for their own gain. Don't kid yourself, follow the money trail.
Hey I am not part of a party, but I am also not blind to which is bad and which is worse. I believe in no government at all. If you must know. :) No kidding myself over here. When it comes to the government (rep or dem) they have their hands out. Whether it be for money for wars or money for homeless. The government is BROKE. The money they "have" is money they have taken from the people. But lets not get off topic.

People I run into ask me not to vape in certain areas (church, schools, work, ect.) I respect that but for some of the remarks I get on the side walks is redic!

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah we don't need no government. Do away with public schools, paved roads, traffic lights and interstate highways. I have no interest in compromise so let me just vape clouds in your face. Have a blessed day.

VapingKicksAsh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah we don't need no government. Do away with public schools, paved roads, traffic lights and interstate highways. I have no interest in compromise so let me just vape clouds in your face. Have a blessed day.
I agree minus the public schools. :) Be blessed! ;)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

What is this, sarcasm? I'm confused. (But that's nothing new).

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I see now, having read your previous posts, @KatyLoo. Yes, it was sarcasm.

You're wondering how we would manage without all the good things that government can and sometimes provides--things like infrastructure and education, regulation in commerce and the workplace, health-care and food for the poor, enforcement of the rule of law, etc.

I guess the anarchist/libertarian/limited government end of the spectrum would say that those things take care of themselves. Kind of like in an Ayn Rand novel--those who deserve to survive and thrive (ie, the strong, and by definition virtuous) will do so.

After all, @VapingKicksAsh , we live in a just world, a meritocracy where the details work themselves out and everyone gets what s/he deserves?

I should know better to even start a conversation like this, but after I made the first post, I felt like I had to follow up in some way and this is what came rambling out. Feel free to ignore me.

It's my Sunday naptime!

VU Sponsors